Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll (14318 Views)

Buhari’s Approval Rating Crashes Down – Poll / Nigeria - 2nd Most Positive (happiest) Country In Africa - Gallup Poll / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Nobody: 8:15am On May 02, 2012
shakomende: True or False?

Nigeria’s [s]President Goodluck Jonathan enjoys an 81% approval rating [/s]says U.S. polling organization, Gallup. In addition, according to the organization,[s] 64% of Nigerians approve of the country’s leadership.[/s]

President Goodluck Jonathan’s ratings was similar to the positive ratings of other African leaders though his was higher than average. Other featured African Presidents include the [s]President of Botswana who enjoys an 81% approval rating and the President of Guinea who enjoys an 80% approval rating. The President of Angola received the lowest approval rating at just about 16%. [/s]Check out the full rating table here:

From CP-Africa

Somebody needs to tell the president of Angola to bribe his way next time.Kudos to Uncle lucky for this great feat but I no wan hear say oyinbo come dey complain for breach of contract o. Yeye people. tongue
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Toktee(m): 8:16am On May 02, 2012
kinguwem: Nigerians are very sentimental about issues but unfortunately they are not interested in research. To test his popularity, just conduct a study. He is unpopular in a certain section of the country due mainly to religious and ethno-political reasons.
who ìs this fool,who is talking about religious nd regiona hatred here,the fool does nt perform,he is nt performing nd evry section of the country is feeling the heat ie,can u tel me that subsidy was remove only in d north? The whole country protest it even in otueke,pls remove ur hatred for the north nd their religion nd speak the truth,since yaradua die til nw,what have johnathan achieved,mention one achievement nd i wil mention ten failures,waiting for ur response

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Omexonomy: 8:17am On May 02, 2012
Thouh i disagree but GEJ wuld have being a better president if not for bh
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by dmainboss: 8:17am On May 02, 2012
The Irony of NL is that they assume that their opinions reflect the true opinions of the majority of Nigerians. How far from the truth that is. Like someone said above, Boko Aram has not really destroyed Jonathans approval. It has actually somewhat helped it. He is being seen as the victim in many quarters.

The fuel subsidy had an effect on his approval but not as some would make you believe in NL. The protests against the fuel subsidy were mainly in the south west. All other protests across the country were just bands of civil society peeps.

Jonathan's demeanor will always make him someone likeable. That is the reality of social psychology. He still gets thousands of likes every time he updates his facebook page! His facebook page still has about the highest following in Nigeria. Sometimes, some of you need to get out of the Internet and savor the real world. Especially the ACN folks.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by maasoap(m): 8:17am On May 02, 2012
This reminds me of 2011 presidential election where voters turnout in South South and South East was over 90% and GEJ recorded close to 99% of total votes. But I knew the election was rigged in his favour because I was there and I witnessed how it was done. Yet they claimed it to be fairest election in the history.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by alasibanz: 8:19am On May 02, 2012
He is simply what I call a leader and not a ruler.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by crackhouse(m): 8:19am On May 02, 2012
No comment

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by dustydee: 8:23am On May 02, 2012
Moderators, can you please carry out a mini poll on nairaland so that we can see how close or far from the truth they are.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by werepeLeri: 8:23am On May 02, 2012
LOL.

NairaLand - the same today, tomorrow and forever.

People on Nairaland never change - always of the opinion that their thinking and opinion represents that of over 120 million Nigerians. They have been proved wrong so many times, but they still revel in their self adulation by continuously thinking their opinion about Nigeria is much better and represents the truth than that of million others. Isint it time they rest?
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by maasoap(m): 8:28am On May 02, 2012
Omexonomy: Thouh i disagree but GEJ wuld have being a better president if not for bh
I didn't know as well that Boko Haram crisis also responsible for unprecedented level of corruption in Nigeria under his administration and his reluctant to fight it. Thank you for telling us that the blame should be on Boko Haram.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Cholison(m): 8:33am On May 02, 2012
This so-called approval rating is a ruse. We should rate governments on performance(s). No new roads, no good hospitals, no functional refinery, name them rather more blood of innocent citizens. How long shall we continue? I am pained because no politician has been bombed out of existence, or deleted to drum this menance into the head of the political leaders.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by maasoap(m): 8:36am On May 02, 2012
dustydee: Moderators, can you please carry out a mini poll on nairaland so that we can see how close or far from the truth they are.
I support this because common sense should tell us that 81% approval rate is just too far off the realistic result unless the poll was carried out in South South and South East alone.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by dmainboss: 8:38am On May 02, 2012
maasoap: I didn't know as well that Boko Haram crisis also responsible for unprecedented level of corruption in Nigeria under his administration and his reluctant to fight it. Thank you for telling us that the blame should be on Boko Haram.

There has been an unprecedented level of corruption in Nigeria since I was born. If you think Nigerians are going to take that on Jonathan, you will be deceiving yourself. That is not likely going to change his approval rating. If fact, there has never been an open opportunity to expose corruption like you have now, so that is actually a plus on him. The signing of the FOI bill and the repeal of the official secrets act is a huge huge plus for Jonathan.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by aljharem(m): 8:44am On May 02, 2012
dmainboss:

There has been an unprecedented level of corruption in Nigeria since I was born. If you think Nigerians are going to take that on Jonathan, you will be deceiving yourself. That is not likely going to change his approval rating. If fact, there has never been an open opportunity to expose corruption like you have now, so that is actually a plus on him. The signing of the FOI bill and the repeal of the official secrets act is a huge huge plus for Jonathan.

Shut up dai, who is blaming GEJ ? We are blaming the system and unfortunately GEJ is now part of the system

Are these the people GEJ claim to be fighing against Otedola Dantata and co ? Yet in his economic team ?

Be deceiving yourself, another silly bigot on the loose
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by igboboy1(m): 8:44am On May 02, 2012
maasoap: I support this because common sense should tell us that 81% approval rate is just too far off the realistic result unless the poll was carried out in South South and South East alone.

Yoruba no go ever gree,,,,hahahaha..i like una style sha...una go complain from now till eternity, call am retardeen, drunken fisherman, if u like yab im wife join too sef....at the end of the day na im be d president and not tinubu so ride on...
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Delafruita(m): 8:46am On May 02, 2012
Omexonomy: Thouh i disagree but GEJ wuld have being a better president if not for bh
i wonder why its so difficult to understand that BH thrives because of jona is a failure.
what happened to ndume?
what happened to sheriff?
what happened to shekarau?
gej himself said they know their sponsors,where are they?
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by aljharem(m): 8:46am On May 02, 2012
igbo boy:

Yoruba no go ever gree,,,,hahahaha..i like una style sha...una go complain from now till eternity, call am retardeen, drunken fisherman, if u like yab im wife join too sef....at the end of the day na im be d president and not tinubu so ride on...

So you like as Nigeria is now ?
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Delafruita(m): 8:46am On May 02, 2012
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Nobody: 8:48am On May 02, 2012
Poll taken in 2011? Ok fine. Those approval ratings have plummeted badly and currently stands at no more than 20%(considering the obvious inability of this admistration to tackle the spate of insecurity in the country and it's poor handling of the fuel subsidy removal and hitherto scam). My question is 'Why release these numbers now'? It's a slap on our faces
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Nobody: 8:48am On May 02, 2012
dmainboss: The Irony of NL is that they assume that their opinions reflect the true opinions of the majority of Nigerians. How far from the truth that is. Like someone said above, Boko Aram has not really destroyed Jonathans approval. It has actually somewhat helped it. He is being seen as the victim in many quarters.

The fuel subsidy had an effect on his approval but not as some would make you believe in NL. The protests against the fuel subsidy were mainly in the south west. All other protests across the country were just bands of civil society peeps.

Jonathan's demeanor will always make him someone likeable. That is the reality of social psychology. He still gets thousands of likes every time he updates his facebook page! His facebook page still has about the highest following in Nigeria. Sometimes, some of you need to get out of the Internet and savor the real world. Especially the ACN folks.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

minus boko haram saga,abeg show me what this guy has achieved in the last 2 years that sustained his approval rating at 81% ? The country is stagnant,corruption everywhere,no electricity,no potable water,no good roads,no jobs,no security,no education,poverty rate remains high yet you think 81% of Nigeria support him ? If jonathan were to be the president of US,I'm sure his rating would have been 100%. tongue
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by onyengbu: 8:58am On May 02, 2012
dmainboss:

Exactly my point! People here keeps shouting corruption this and that but they are yet to prove that it started during GEJ era!

Nigeria has been getting more and more corrupt before GEJ and most times people speculate about these things but now under GEJ, we have heard and seen how all those things are carried out. Shouldnt that be a plus to the man? He could have suppressed all the exposures (like his predecessors) and yet NOTHING would have happened. But he allowed everything to come out in the open.
How else should corruption be tackled if not by exposing then. First step to healing is admitting theres a problem.

On the other hand, boko haram is a phenomenom that will ake time for any nigerian leader to tackle. Common these people stepped up their attacks and we know that our borders and security has been porous for decades. if you expect GEJ to perform miracle overnight then you are asking for too much because these things took a long time to decay and therefore, it will take even longer time to correct.

By the way, why do nairalanders think their opinion is the opinion of 120 million nigerians. Havent 'Buhari has won' of 2011 taught any of you some lessons? grin
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by aljharem(m): 8:59am On May 02, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Exactly my point! People here keeps shouting corruption this and that but they are yet to prove that it started during GEJ era!

Nigeria has been getting more and more corrupt before GEJ and most times people speculate about these things but now under GEJ, we have heard and seen how all those things are carried out. Shouldnt that be a plus to the man? He could have suppressed all the exposures (like his predecessors) and yet NOTHING would have happened. But he allowed everything to come out in the open.
How else should corruption be tackled if not by exposing then. First step to healing is admitting theres a problem.

On the other hand, boko haram is a phenomenom that will ake time for any nigerian leader to tackle. Common these people stepped up their attacks and we know that our borders and security has been porous for decades. if you expect GEJ to perform miracle overnight then you are asking for too much because these things took a long time to decay and therefore, it will take even longer time to correct.

By the way, why do nairalanders think their opinion is the opinion of 120 million nigerians. Havent 'Buhari has won' of 2011 taught any of you some lessons? grin

And so because GEJ is there we should allow it to get more corrupt ?
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Nobody: 9:01am On May 02, 2012
I don't believe that poll.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by dmainboss: 9:04am On May 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

minus boko haram saga,abeg show me what this guy has achieved in the last 2 years that sustained his approval rating at 81% ? The country is stagnant,corruption everywhere,no electricity,no potable water,no good roads,no jobs,no security,no education,poverty rate remains high yet you think 81% of Nigeria support him ? If jonathan were to be the president of US,I'm sure his rating would have been 100%. tongue

We are discussing an issue here. My point is not whether I think he is worth 81% rating. My point is that the reality on the ground depends on many factors. Being angry on NL does not change many of those factors. Havent you noticed that majority of those on NL who insult the president are from the south west? I have always said that the fundamental issue in Nigeria is that we do not see ourselves as one people. It is the root of everything else that is bad. Until we can somehow sort that out, either by a kind of national conference or something else, other vices like corruption et all will thrive. And until then, we will continue to differ in how we see things in Nigeria.

And the result of that is that GEJ will continue to get a good approval rating as long as he doesnt directly do anything really bad. BH is seen in many areas as a tool to discredit him and that will always count in his favor. That is the truth about social psychology.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by MmuoOkija: 9:05am On May 02, 2012
Contrary to popular belief, GEJ is quite popular withing Nigeria.
Many political analysts understand that the problems facing the country is a difficult one to handle and he is doing his best despite the odds being against him.
His fight against corruption has been subtle yet has exposed alot and brought to light many backyard dealings which Nigerians have been hetherto ignorant of.
His governments focus on infrastructural development cant be faulted.
The electricity reforms are quite laudable as well.
The lowest point of his government would be the security challenges and I like many millions of Nigerians are optimistic that he would put an end to this menace once and for all in the not too distance future.

FRESH AIR 2011 is still blowing . . . Breath and stay alive.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by uncleb(m): 9:05am On May 02, 2012
manny4life: If they had said "approval ratings by the international community" then I'll say TRUE, but the average Nigerian does NOT agree with this. The average Nigerian hasn't benefited "directly" from GEJ leadership just like his predecessors. Let's look at it this way

1. Boko Haram menace - Like how many bombs and its victims has it claimed? sad sad sad

2. Oil subsidy removal (though I support it, but the timing and approach was WRONG) embarassed embarassed

3. Oil subsidy SCAM (Marketers, NNPC folks and their like should have been roasting in Jail, YET nothing) angry angry angry

4. Almost every sector in Nigeria needs sanity,

I can continue to go on and on, but for someone to tell me he's enjoying an 81% is just plain LIES. I do not agree with the statement, therefore, as to your question, the answer is FALSE.

I cant agrees the less.

We don't need to talk about the state of our roads; DEPLORABLE!!!

The HELPLESS AND PITIABLE state of power supply.

The testimony that our political leaders bear to the Medical and health sectors, you can imagine when they have common headache or cold its either Isreal or India.

And worst of all, the MORIBUND educational system, which none of the political leaders can boast of, otherwise why do they all send their children to school in yanke.

May God deliver us
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by uncleb(m): 9:08am On May 02, 2012
violent:

I agree completely with you. The poll must be accurate and reflective of Mama Ngozi's view of the current leadership especially given that her three daughters are now forced to walk 6 miles to school since the oil subsidy grand theft removal. I'm sure the poll also includes the thoughts of Musa who by streak of unlucky fate happen to have lost an eye to the ugly menace of Boko Haram.... perhaps you are even right...none of these guys mean what they say, all those screaming blood of how tired they are about the incessant pains and burdens visited on them by their leaders only do so for the media attention...they all seceretly admired the president's bowler hat and his 1 billion naira appetite..

You know what? I've infact just spoken to 4 of my friends and the 4 of them voiced their approval for President Jonathan, never mind they've not been to Nigeria before, who cares?....I should now publish the results of my findings about how 100 percent of Nigerians approve of the President's leadership!

LOL
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by onyengbu: 9:11am On May 02, 2012
alj harem:

And so because GEJ is there we should allow it to get more corrupt ?
Dont allow the system to get more corrupt but dont blame GEJ for an already corrupt system.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by wakaman: 9:14am On May 02, 2012
these online- "offlive" polls are good for nothing but cyberspace. same with blog sites and other offlive news and polls that dont match reality. jonathan 80 percent approval phew! stupid.
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by Nobody: 9:15am On May 02, 2012
dmainboss:

We are discussing an issue here. My point is not whether I think he is worth 81% rating. My point is that the reality on the ground depends on many factors. Being angry on NL does not change many of those factors. Havent you noticed that majority of those on NL who insult the president are from the south west? I have always said that the fundamental issue in Nigeria is that we do not see ourselves as one people. It is the root of everything else that is bad. Until we can somehow sort that out, either by a kind of national conference or something else, other vices like corruption et all will thrive. And until then, we will continue to differ in how we see things in Nigeria.

And the result of that is that GEJ will continue to get a good approval rating as long as he doesnt directly do anything really bad. BH is seen in many areas as a tool to discredit him and that will always count in his favor. That is the truth about social psychology.

Are you telling that Gallup came to Nigeria to ask each Nigerian what they think about their president ? I have listed the inadequacies Nigerians face each day to you but I still wonder how a large percentage still support him.If a large percentage of Nigerians can hardly feed thrice daily,will they still be happy with their president that intends to eat with #18 billion in just one year ? The poll is just a ruse as IT DOESNT REPRESENT THE TRUE FACTS ON GROUND.This is akin to the previous report that said Nigerians are the happiest in the world and i was like WTF with the poverty and insecurity in the land ?
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by onyengbu: 9:19am On May 02, 2012
Delafruita:
i wonder why its so difficult to understand that BH thrives because of jona is a failure.
what happened to ndume?
what happened to sheriff?
what happened to shekarau?
gej himself said they know their sponsors,where are they?

You are just dishing out names as if you were the one who manufactured them in the first place.

Is it not under the same GEJ government that you got to know about those names and the roles they might have played in this Boko Haram issue. Why is everybody suddenly becoming smaarter than the government. Cheap internet abi? Ok naa. If you have an overwhelming evidence against these people why not go to court and demand that they are prosecuted with your incontrovertible evidence. SMH
Re: President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll by onyengbu: 9:22am On May 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Are you telling that Gallup came to Nigeria to ask each Nigerian what they think about their president ? I have listed the inadequacies Nigerians face each day to you but I still wonder how a large percentage still support him.If a large percentage of Nigerians can hardly feed thrice daily,will they still be happy with their president that intends to eat with #18 billion in just one year ? The poll is just a ruse as IT DOESNT REPRESENT THE TRUE FACTS ON GROUND.This is akin to the previous report that said Nigerians are the happiest in the world and i was like WTF with the poverty and insecurity in the land ?
Nigerians have been starving since 1983, it is nothing new. They can still be happy knowing that he is not the originator of their problems and that he (whether true or not) is doing something about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria / I'll Not Contest For Presidency Until 10 Million Nigerians Endorse Me – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.