Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Benin Based Act Threatens Omawumi With N50M Court Action Over ‘bottom Belle’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Benin Based Act Threatens Omawumi With N50M Court Action Over ‘bottom Belle’ (1058 Views)

Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) / Benin Based Act Threatens Omawumi With N50M Court Action Over 'bottom Belle' / Bottom Belle Vs If You Ask Me, Na Who I Go Ask? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benin Based Act Threatens Omawumi With N50M Court Action Over ‘bottom Belle’ by pckid: 12:27am On May 02, 2012
Months after singer Omawunmi released her stunning new single which she titled Bottom Belle where she duet current wave making Afro centric act Flavour,the story reaching us has it that once upon a time popular Ajegunle act, called Xperience Oligbese now based in Edo State capital Benin City, has threatened to drag the song diva Omawunmi to law court for what he termed copyright breach.

The handsome seven footer,popularly known for his trademark Oligbese for sale told us that Omawunmi lifted some lines from his song he titled Do Something which is contained in the album he titled Givam Chance,released sometime in early 2004 and was produced by Nelson Brown for Progressive Sound Park a Lagos based Recording company.

The Delta State born Dancehall act said before Omawunmi recorded her song we have met several times at shows,where I performed my songs in her presence and the only thing she told me was that she loves my style of song but she never told me that she was planning to lift some lines from my song titled “Do Something” until in February this year when the label owner that released my album called me to ask why I allowed Omawunmi to lift some lines from my song without permission or credit to me and I was surprised..... http://questionmarkmag.com/2012/04/benin-based-act-threatens-omawumi-with-n50m-court-action-over-bottom-belle/
Re: Benin Based Act Threatens Omawumi With N50M Court Action Over ‘bottom Belle’ by Nobody: 4:12am On May 02, 2012
pckid: Months after singer Omawunmi released her stunning new single which she titled Bottom Belle where she duet current wave making Afro centric act Flavour,the story reaching us has it that once upon a time popular Ajegunle act, called Xperience Oligbese now based in Edo State capital Benin City, has threatened to drag the song diva Omawunmi to law court for what he termed copyright breach.

The handsome seven footer,popularly known for his trademark Oligbese for sale told us that Omawunmi lifted some lines from his song he titled Do Something which is contained in the album he titled Givam Chance,released sometime in early 2004 and was produced by Nelson Brown for Progressive Sound Park a Lagos based Recording company.

The Delta State born Dancehall act said before Omawunmi recorded her song we have met several times at shows,where I performed my songs in her presence and the only thing she told me was that she loves my style of song but she never told me that she was planning to lift some lines from my song titled “Do Something” until in February this year when the label owner that released my album called me to ask why I allowed Omawunmi to lift some lines from my song without permission or credit to me and I was surprised..... http://questionmarkmag.com/2012/04/benin-based-act-threatens-omawumi-with-n50m-court-action-over-bottom-belle/

can someone pls educate this Oligbese guy and tell him that this is how it is done in 9ja music industry. many people use other artists songs/lyrics without permission. did he licensed the content of his song? is there a medium in 9ja to fight against copyright infringement? lol!
Re: Benin Based Act Threatens Omawumi With N50M Court Action Over ‘bottom Belle’ by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 02, 2012
Oligbese he b lyk say u don je gbese abi? PARKWELL JOR!!! OMAWUNMI RIDE ON...com gemme BOTTOM-BELLE.

(1) (Reply)

DELETED / Dbanjs Relaeases New Single 'top Of The World' Off Dkm Album + concert trailer / Hacker Leaks Financial Records Of Jay-z, Beyonce, Kim Kardashian & Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.