Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth (1705 Views)

List Of 84 Senators That Supported The Vote Of Confidence / Why Wole Soyinka Won Noble Prize Award Against Late Chinue Achebe. / Why Wole Soyinka Won The Nobel Prize! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by aljharem(m): 12:19pm On May 02, 2012
I have heard mostly from the eastern part of the country that Yorubas or should I say Lagosians are against GEJ administration. First of all, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that Lagos has been the helm of protest against past administrations that have destroyed this country. They just don't protest for protest sake but protest because something is seriously wrong with the way Nigeria is.

Just yesterday or so, Wole Soyinka call on Nigerians to protest. You know what ? some element started calling Wole Soyinka all sort of names and even worse trying to incite that Wole Soyinka did not protest during OBJ era just cause OBJ was from the South-Western part of the country. This elements are from the east and I would like them to stop playing with their future and the future of Nigeria. We all are in the same dilemma in the cesspit called Nigeria.

For the past 50 years or so, the Niger bridge along side other infrastructures have been abandoned by previous administrations. The governments (both present and past) have not done much about it. Is it only it collapse due to decay then the east would protest along side other Nigerians or are they blind to see nothing is working in Nigeria.

I am saying this so people can know that "what they wish for is what they get". You cannot plant an orange seed and expect to reap a mango fruit. I find it very distasteful and sad that people from this part of the country would chose to insult a noble Nigerian like Wole Soyinka by describing him as a bigoted fellow. Please let's becareful of what we post. If you do not want this nation to grow the keep shut and allow those that would not mortgage their future for bigotry to do so.

Below are the protest by Wole Soyinka against his fellow South-western man in 2005.
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by aljharem(m): 12:21pm On May 02, 2012
Here is an article in 2005 by BBC

Nigerian march against fuel hikes as Wole Soyinka and others take to the streets

Wednesday, 14 September 2005, 13:44 GMT

Thousands of demonstrators have marched through Nigeria's main city of Lagos in protest at a 30% rise in fuel costs after subsidies were cut last month.
It is the beginning of two weeks of peaceful protests to take place across Nigeria organised by trade unions.

At one point, the noisy and colourful gathering stretched for more than 3km through the city's streets.

Police have been ordered not to carry firearms in the first sanctioned anti-government protest in 40 years.

Nigeria is Africa's largest oil exporter, but is dependent on imports of fuel because it does not have enough refining capacity to meet its own needs.

"Stop fuel importations, make our refineries work," some placards read.

Strike not ruled out

The Catholic Archbishop of Lagos, Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie, and Nobel Prize winner Wole Soyinka joined the 13km march.

The unions say price hikes affect badly all Nigerian workers
Two-thirds of Nigeria's population is still living on less than $1 a day, and the unions say the fuel price increases will badly affect all Nigerian workers.

Last month, President Olusegun Obasanjo said that the government had financed more than $1bn in fuel subsidies in the past six month as a result of high prices of refined petrol on the international markets.

"Petrol is God's gift to Nigeria. Why can't Obasanjo allow us to enjoy it?" asked a 24-year-old demonstrator.

After two week, the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) will meet to decide if further action is needed, depending on the government's reactions.

The BBC's Sola Odunfa in Lagos says a general strike in October has not been ruled out.

Last year, the NLC called three crippling general strikes against fuel prices rises.

Under legislation passed in March, umbrella unions, such as the NLC, are not allowed to call a strike.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4244556.stm

The picture below is that of Wole Soyinka and Oshiomole before he became the governor. That was Lagos protest against Obasanjo administration during the increment of fuel prices

Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by aljharem(m): 12:24pm On May 02, 2012
Lagosians Rally Against Fuel Price Hike, condemning President Olusegun Obasanjo

FG commends NLC, may crash price

Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the coalition of civil society groups yesterday in Lagos held the first in the series of the rallies to protest the recent hike in prices of petroleum products. The rally drew out a large crowd of protesters from all works of life.

The Federal Government has however, commended the NLC and other organisers for holding a peaceful rally to drive home their point rather than the strike option. It also gave indications of a possible downward review in the pump prices of petroleum products following noticeable drop in the cost of refined crude in the international market.

Yesterday's rally led by NLC President Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, although peaceful, was marked by an unprecedented police presence. Apart from occupying strategic locations in the metropolis as well as assigning troops to monitor the event, two police helicopters hovered around the protesters to aviod a possible break down of law and order.

Other notable Nigerians in the vanguard of the protest rally included Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, the Chairman, Labour and Civil Society Coalition (LACSCO), Dr. Beko Ransome-Kuti and Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) leader, Dr. Frederick Fasheun.

Others were President, Academic Staff Union of Universities, (ASSU), Dr Sule Kano, President, Congress of Free Trade Unions, (CFTU), Princewill Ojeh, Trade Union Congress (TCU), Peace Obiajulu, Hon. Wale Osun, Chuma Ubani and Mr. Femi Falana.

The rally which began at about 7 a.m. caused an unprecedented traffic stretching from Yaba to Ikeja, and saw a convergence of workers, traders, students, artisans, the unemployed, all carrying different placards seeking justice, improvement in the living condition of the citizenry, an end to incessant fuel prices and bad government.

The protesters marched several kilometers from the National Stadium through Yaba to Alausa, seat of the Lagos State government. Addressing the crowd, Governor Bola Tinubu expressed his maximum support for the mass protest and said the level of poverty at a period of oil boom, "constitutes the greatest threat to democratic sustainability and national security in Nigeria."

In a letter presented to Tinubu for onward transfer to President Olusegun Obasanjo, the prostesters said the rallies and protest marches which will move to Benin, Edo State tommorrow would go on until the Federal Government reversed the new fuel prices.

"The Labour and Civil Society Coalition (LASCO) wishes to once again strongly urge Mr. President to reverse the recent increases in the prices of petroleum products and to set in motion the machinery for implementing the price stabilization component of the Senator Ibrahim Mantu report," LASCO said in the letter.

The coalition stated that the responses of Nigerians across all divides have demonstrated that the recent increases in fuel prices has made life more unbearable for individual citizens, households, businesses, and communities across the country. They noted that even both chambers of the National Assembly had also alluded to the intolerable hardships caused by the fuel price increase and have rightly resolved that the Executive should revert to the old prices.

"While Nigerians were still groaning under the inflationary effects of previous fuel price hikes, the latest round has predictably unleashed even more astronomical increases. Prices of every commodity and service have risen outrageously in both urban and rural areas. But wages have remained largely static meaning that for average wage earners, life is impossible.

"Private industry and other sections of the Nigerian business community have also been unanimous in lamenting the negative impact of these and previous increases on the costs of doing business. With the rise in the cost of black oil and other fuel products, the energy cost components have made Nigerian industries and businesses uncompetitive, increasing the rate of factory and business closures across the sectors. The resulting worsening of the business and investment climate is the kernel of the recent outcry of important groups like Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA) and National Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA)", said the activists.

Oshiomhole charged Nigerians to be ready for a prolonged struggle towards ensuring that they are not enslaved by the spoils of what is supposed to be the nation’s wealth.

He added that the continued pauperization of the people by the present regime is a prelude to the intention of the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to have a safe place to return to after the completion of her ministerial term when he could serve as a consultant to the IMF.

Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Adewole Ajakaiye accompained by his Deputy in charge of operations, Mr. John Haruna, said police were present to ensure that the rally was not hijacked by hoodlums on the streets.

And speaking in Abuja on the rally, Minister of Labour and Productivity, Dr. Mohammed Hassan Lawal, said he was “happy that the gospel of dialogue that he has been preaching is reaping fruits”. He added that Government has and will continue to take steps that would alleviate the suffering of the people.

“ I must say here that we need to commend them because for the first time the labour movement has decided not to go on strike right away.

While reacting to attempts being made by governments across Europe and even in nearby Ghana to reduce fuel prices to cushion the effect of rising price of crude oil in the international market on their citizens, he said “this is the fundamental error we always make."

"Please compare apple with apple. Don’t compare apple with an orange. The quantum of money we saved from some of these increases. This is not money meant for anybody to go on Christmas spree. This is money meant for the provision of basic infrastructure. You are now talking of European countries.

For God sake is water or borehole an issue in England or Italy or France? Is electricity an issue in Germany or England? The issue is that we are a developing society," said the minister.

Meanwhile, the Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), Dr. Oluwole Oluleye, yesterday hinted of a possible downward review in fuel prices following what he described as a noticeable drop in the cost of refined crude in the international market.

Oluleye said the agency was in no way contemplating any further increase beyond the N65 per litre of petrol, rather "with the downward movement of the prices of refined products in the international market, Nigerians could expect a reduction of pump price if the trend continues."

Oluleye who spoke to newsmen shortly after addressing participants at the 2005 annual meeting of product marketers and the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) in Abuja, said the cost of refined products has started a downward trend from an all time high of $854 per metric ton recorded last two weeks to about $654 as at yesterday.

The PPPRA scribe described the prevailing situation in the US where gasoline prices have been on astronomical increase up to $6 per gallon of fuel as an aberration which will not be allowed to affect the Nigerian market.

The pump price of petrol price was raised to N65 a litre last month to reflect the high cost of crude oil which peaked then at $70 per barrel.

"What we are having in the oil market seems to me as an aberration, prices do not usually go up continuously for a prolonged period. I only hope we do not get to a stage where crude oil price have to crash down", he said.

He said the reason for the approval of the price adjustments was to encourage price recovery in the industry and to break the monopoly of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) as the sole importer and supplier of petroleum products in the domestic market.

He expressed regret that PPPRA has failed to realize one of its cardinal objectives, which is to bring other private marketers to compete with NNPC in product import business more than one year after the introduction of deregulation.

Oluleye also noted that the effort to open up the downstream sector and to enforce transparency has been having a set back due to insufficient local refining capacity in the country.

"We have not been able to break the monopoly of NNPC, which is one of the cardinal objectives of establishing PPPRA. For us to be able to do so, the existing market environment must be made to guarantee cost recovery by operators", he said.

The PPPRA executive secretary stated that in as much as the agency is creating an atmosphere for cost recovery in the fuel supply business, it is not going to allow marketers engage in 'price grudging', that is taking advantage of the situation to exploit consumers in the local market.

Government appears to be in a difficult position defending the recent increase in fuel price in the face of formidable opposition by the organized labour.

Governments of most European countries had been chunning out measures to reduce fuel prices even in the face of the galloping world crude oil prices.

THISDAY gathered that the presidency in an effort to stave off labour crisis has been holding consultations with the various segments of the public.

President Olusegun Obasanjo was said to have approved the setting up a stabilization fund which is one of the recommendations made by the Senator Ibrahim Mantu-led Committee on fuel price increase palliative measures.

Oluleye said the Federal Government has provided its own part of the stabilisation funding, it is left for the states and the local governments to come up with their counterpart funds to make the scheme a reality".

http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=5264&z=17
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by Demdem(m): 3:48pm On May 02, 2012
only ignorant foools will not support the proposed protest.
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by PointB: 7:12pm On May 02, 2012
Ahj_harem,

Why don't you leave the South East out of your idiocy of a rant. Did SE stop anyone from protesting? Are there not SS/SE'ers in Lagos who will probable join any protest no matter how silly or otherwise it will be? And what business of yours is it what happened or will happen to Niger Bridge? Who made you SE spokesman, let alone electing you to talk of matters beyond your comprehension?

Why don't you worry about your strife ravaged Bornu state; and focus your attention on how the 400 almajiri school promised the Northern State will help radicalize or revolutionize (as applicable) their lives of your people?

When are you going to focus on your state and local government? Are they not getting allocation from Abuja each time to go begging with their bowls? How has those money changed the situation of any of the core northern state? Are new school being built? Are they constructing new roads, hospitals? Is there any welfare scheme to attract students to schools in the North?

Are these not of any interest to you? I mean why waste your energy worrying about what SE will say, have said, or not, rather than focusing same energy on poverty, disease, illiteracy, and now insecurity in the core north?

You should be ashamed of yourself, and your Borno state.

Anyway, if you want my opinion on the protest, I have given it. I will support it from the comfort of my room. The first time a group of Nigerians tried to changed they way things were done, they were accused of being 'Igbos' and seeking selfish interest. We know what followed next, the consequence which still haunt Nigeria to date, and which will perhaps lead her to the her early grave! Go ahead and have your subsidy scam protest. What SE will do or not should not be your concern.

1 Like

Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by Detongue: 2:58am On May 03, 2012
Total rubbish, any protest organised by Soyinka and Bakare in dis lagos will fail by d Grace of God. Two devils.
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by DaLover(m): 11:59pm On May 06, 2012
@Detongue, Soyinka is a great man.....Bakare...definitely a devil

Demdem: only ignorant foools will not support the proposed protest.
Please demonstrate that you are not a f00l, what r u going to protest for

I hope it not the same subsidy removal, that they have been protesting since 1990s and yet it still keeps being removed?
I hope its not the right to free fuel? because it is not part of your human rights
I hope it is not prosecution of people perceived to be corrupt while the system that encourages corruption still remains? please kindly outline why you want to hit the streets...lets show how f00lish you are...
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by aljharem(m): 12:02am On May 07, 2012
DaLover: @Detongue, Soyinka is a great man.....Bakare...definitely a devil

I hope it not the same subsidy removal, that they have been protesting since 1990s and yet it still keeps being removed?
I hope its not the right to free fuel? because it is not part of your human rights
I hope it is not prosecution of people perceived to be corrupt while the system that encourages corruption still remains? please kindly outline why you want to hit the streets...lets show how f00lish you are...

Where you not the same person saying Wole should have protested during OBJ era ?

Moreover the fuel I buy to my car, is it your father that bought it for me ?

Which free fuel are you yarning about ? Dude stop thinking silly here. Explain how fuel is free.

If you are not happy with the current structure of Nigeria, tell GEJ to split the country
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by DaLover(m): 12:13am On May 07, 2012
alj harem:

Where you not the same person saying Wole should have protested during OBJ era ?

Moreover the fuel I buy to my car, is it your father that bought it for me ?

Which free fuel are you yarning about ? Dude stop thinking silly here. Explain how fuel is free.

If you are not happy with the current structure of Nigeria, tell GEJ to split the country

Please point out where I said Soyinka should have protested during OBJ era?

If market price of fuel is N130, and you pay N65, is it not as good as free? eh mugu...

If the FG were to seize cocoa lands, start govt run farms and distribute bonvita/Milo to the nation at 1/2 price would Awolowo have accomplished wht he did?
The system needs change
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by aljharem(m): 12:21am On May 07, 2012
DaLover:

Please point out where I said Soyinka should have protested during OBJ era?

If market price of fuel is N130, and you pay N65, is it not as good as free? eh mugu...

If the FG were to seize cocoa lands, start govt run farms and distribute bonvita/Milo to the nation at 1/2 price would Awolowo have accomplished wht he did?
The system needs change

You be really mugu

what market price ? I ask. Market price of what you produce ?

If Nigeria have her own refinery, would we have to pay market price ?

Who set this market price ? Those that produce or those that don't ?

BTW here are your posts on Wole Soyinka when a proper Deltan was shutting you up

you calling Wole "Lagos people"

I am also Deltan, and we are not in this rubbish protest on corruption, don't allow Lagos people to deceive you ooo...you will end up being a bigger F00L than you are looking now....as far as i am concerned as long as the structure remains the way it is corruption will always thrive...do you see them organizing to stop a structural system that encourages laziness and corruption...their focus is only on the personalities and government in power, when they get there they will do exactly the same.

If we are ready to protest the system that means that the FG has to execute even the simplest of activities like distribution of fuel, then we Deltans will follow, the system does not encourage productivity simple and short, anyhow, if yo still insist, i hope it doesn't stop here, go out there, soldiers of northern origin have been waiting for this opportunity...

Calling Wole Yoruba even though deandavid an Urhobo kept telling you off.

Beaf and I share the same views on politics, that doesn't mean I am beaf...so stop calling me beaf...
common sense will tell you that even when you expect people to be upright, you don't tempt them by creating an unrealistic and artifical distortion in market prices...of course they will always be corruption, it exist everywhere...

Look at pension fund issue....y the hell is the govt managing pension funds? that what comes to my mind not Mr a or Mr b did this or that...because we are moving in endless circles...

If the Yoruba are fighting true federalism as you claim , then lets see them organize a protest for it, then I will join...not say that and then organize a protest on how to continue the sharing of the national cake at a cheap rate...do you think they will ever allow the federal government to take over their cocoa farms and then promise all Nigerians a small fixed price for cocoa products no matter the market price? and then the federal government will then pay the owners of the arable land what ever it likes...
once again be wise

https://www.nairaland.com/927037/prepare-mass-protest-over-subsidy/2

Dude long story short, Please tell GEJ to split the country because if he does not and his tenure passes then forget it and stop complaining about yoruba and hausa ok !!!
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by DaLover(m): 12:31am On May 07, 2012
So the statement
don't allow Lagos people to deceive you ooo...you will end up being a bigger F00L than you are looking now

you have interpreted to mean
Wole should have protested during OBJ era

left-right....left-right....left-right....left-right....left-right....

Government Magic!!

I found it so hard to type "wole" and easier to type "lagos people" as a replacement for wole...

dude where is my car!!!
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by SamIkenna: 1:04am On May 07, 2012
I'm convinced now that you have an eternal problem with Easterners. Its a shame how to come here pretending like you're fighting/advocating for unity yet you do not foreget to put a wedge between Easterners and the rest of the nation. I dont even know what to tell you, I guess I would say I feel sorry for you.

FYI, you're embarking on a fruitless venture, the kind your people and their friends embarked upon right after the civil war yet we made it and still standing here today. Like pointB rightly pointed out - worry about your own problems first before ours. We're fine, we've always been fine so we dont need any political lesson from you. If our actions get on your last nerve this bad - why do you insist on being in the same nation with us? What you're seeing is who we are - you either take it or leave it, like it or hate it, and most importantly, live with us or go your way.

Your job these days is to dig up on some garbage, put it on NL, and wait for the doodoo to start flying - thats how you bait East and West. Any time it looks like folks are not on eachother's throat (West and East) you go get something to start a new war and then take sides with the West because thats how you feel safe. I'm calling you out because your M.O stinks to high heavens.

A man cannot out-run his fate, the same thing applies to Nigeria and ever other nation out there. If our fate is disintegration then there is nothing you and I can do about it. It might sound fatalistic but thats the truth and you need to live with it rather than seek for cheap-shots on Easterners. Shooting at Easterners because you want to form alliance with the West wont save you at the end of the day so, like my brother, PointB, said - worry about your own part of the country and leave us in peace. We dont need you to tell us what we're doing right or wrong, we have enough brains to figure that out, in fact the energy you waste here (NL) would be better served if you put 1/10th of it in seeking an end to the somalization of your homeland, Borno. Wole Soyinka is probably the most loved non-Igbo alive, of course you didnt realize that because you were in a terrible haste to create another bait like you always do with this ID "Uche2008."
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by aljharem(m): 1:10am On May 07, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^

Abeg sam go siddon, I have no problem with easterners but with Igbos on the internet. Lets get our facts right

Imagine one of your igbo ideeiotic brother saying "Wole did not protest against his fellow yorubaman" What rubbish

I only have one ID which is Alj harem, I am not uche whatever you are saying
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by Nobody: 1:11am On May 07, 2012
Sam_Ikenna: I'm convinced now that you have an eternal problem with Easterners. Its a shame how to come here pretending like you're fighting/advocating for unity yet you do not foreget to put a wedge between Easterners and the rest of the nation. I dont even know what to tell you, I guess I would say I feel sorry for you.

FYI, you're embarking on a fruitless venture, the kind your people and their friends embarked upon right after the civil war yet we made it and still standing here today. Like pointB rightly pointed out - worry about your own problems first before ours. We're fine, we've always been fine so we dont need any political lesson from you. If our actions get on your last nerve this bad - why do you insist on being in the same nation with us? What you're seeing is who we are - you either take it or leave it, like it or hate it, and most importantly, live with us or go your way.

Your job these days is to dig up on some garbage, put it on NL, and wait for the doodoo to start flying - thats how you bait East and West. Any time it looks like folks are not on eachother's throat (West and East) you go get something to start a new war and then take sides with the West because thats how you feel safe. I'm calling you out because your M.O stinks to high heavens.

A man cannot out-run his fate, the same thing applies to Nigeria and ever other nation out there. If our fate is disintegration then there is nothing you and I can do about it. It might sound fatalistic but thats the truth and you need to live with it rather than seek for cheap-shots on Easterners. Shooting at Easterners because you want to form alliance with the West wont save you at the end of the day so, like my brother, PointB, said - worry about your own part of the country and leave us in peace. We dont need you to tell us what we're doing right or wrong, we have enough brains to figure that out, in fact the energy you waste here (NL) would be better served if you put 1/10th of it in seeking an end to the somalization of your homeland, Borno. Wole Soyinka is probably the most loved non-Igbo alive, of course you didnt realize that because you were in a terrible haste to create another bait like you always do with this ID "Uche2008."

Sam_Ikenna is wiser.

alj harem: I have heard mostly from the eastern part of the country that Yorubas or should I say Lagosians are against GEJ administration. First of all, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that Lagos has been the helm of protest against past administrations that have destroyed this country. They just don't protest for protest sake but protest because something is seriously wrong with the way Nigeria is.

Just yesterday or so, Wole Soyinka call on Nigerians to protest. You know what ? some element started calling Wole Soyinka all sort of names and even worse trying to incite that Wole Soyinka did not protest during OBJ era just cause OBJ was from the South-Western part of the country. This elements are from the east and I would like them to stop playing with their future and the future of Nigeria. We all are in the same dilemma in the cesspit called Nigeria.

For the past 50 years or so, the Niger bridge along side other infrastructures have been abandoned by previous administrations. The governments (both present and past) have not done much about it. Is it only it collapse due to decay then the east would protest along side other Nigerians or are they blind to see nothing is working in Nigeria.

I am saying this so people can know that "what they wish for is what they get". You cannot plant an orange seed and expect to reap a mango fruit. I find it very distasteful and sad that people from this part of the country would chose to insult a noble Nigerian like Wole Soyinka by describing him as a bigoted fellow. Please let's becareful of what we post. If you do not want this nation to grow the keep shut and allow those that would not mortgage their future for bigotry to do so.

Below are the protest by Wole Soyinka against his fellow South-western man in 2005.

alj harem
A classic political shenanigan.

alj harem is alj harem. Wole soyinka is Wole soyinka.
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by aljharem(m): 1:11am On May 07, 2012
It is better this country split rather than deceive ourselves. Thanks
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by aljharem(m): 1:13am On May 07, 2012
Olodostein:

Sam_Ikenna is wiser.

alj harem
A classic political shenanigan.

alj harem is alj harem. Wole soyinka is Wole soyinka.

I am sure it is alj harem you would talk about. When this thread was going on, no one stop the ideeiot Axysexy from saying Wole soyinka was tribal. Now in defence of Wole, it is Alj harem's fault
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by SamIkenna: 1:15am On May 07, 2012
alj harem: ^^^^^^^^^^^

Abeg sam go siddon, I have no problem with easterners but with Igbos on the internet. Lets get our facts right

Imagine one of your igbo ideeiotic brother saying "Wole did not protest against his fellow yorubaman" What rubbish

I only have one ID which is Alj harem, I am not uche whatever you are saying

Really? So since its your job to gauge all Easterners by a single statement made by a supposedly "Igbo" person, why dont you act on other statements of support and commendation from other Igbos? Nwanne, I'm too old to be fooled easily. You know what you're doing and I wish you luck.
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by aljharem(m): 1:23am On May 07, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Really? So since its your job to gauge all Easterners by a single statement made by a supposedly "Igbo" person, why dont you act on other statements of support and commendation from other Igbos? Nwanne, I'm too old to be fooled easily. You know what you're doing and I wish you luck.

He is not one, because if he was wrong according to you, Your brothers commenting on the thread should have shut him up.

Look I am done with una
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by SamIkenna: 1:42am On May 07, 2012
alj harem:

He is not one, because if he was wrong according to you, Your brothers commenting on the thread should have shut him up.

Look I am done with una

Since its now the job of every Igbo to shout any supposedly "Igbo" NLer down, could you pls tell us how many people from other groups in Nigeria that are shouting their people down here on NL. If you want to preach to us, at least practice what you preach. You know what, show me any thread, just like this one on Igbo, where you called Kanuri or Awori-Egun people (Kanuri and Awori are the two groups you've claimed to belong that I remember) out for lynch mob. Show us just one thread, just one.
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by Demdem(m): 7:37am On May 07, 2012
DaLover: @Detongue, Soyinka is a great man.....Bakare...definitely a devil

This is a perfect example of the Foools I was refering to earlier. Asking me what the protest is all about as if he doesn't know what's going on in the polity. Abegi commot, Monday morning, don't have ur time now.

Besides go here https://www.nairaland.com/927037/prepare-mass-protest-over-subsidy
To better enlighten ursef on why the protest should proceed and not the rubbish u posted up there from ur rotten brain eediot.
Re: Why Wole Soyinka Should Be Supported- The bitter Truth by OneNaira6: 8:51am On May 07, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Since its now the job of every Igbo to shout any supposedly "Igbo" NLer down, could you pls tell us how many people from other groups in Nigeria that are shouting their people down here on NL. If you want to preach to us, at least practice what you preach. You know what, show me any thread, just like this one on Igbo, where you called Kanuri or Awori-Egun people (Kanuri and Awori are the two groups you've claimed to belong that I remember) out for lynch mob. Show us just one thread, just one.

You know the saddest thing about him is calling every person he disagrees with on this forum and on articles "igbo". I swear that man eats, think and dream Igbo every day. IMHO I think he must have a pitiful life for someone to be up all day, all night on this forum and on top of that opening up IDs left and right for no reason but to attack others. SMH Its our job to caution the "supposedly" Igbo on this forum yet not realizing everything done is retaliation to what he and others started. A bit of example would be the Ilaje/iteskiri aren't Yoruba came out of the Anioma/Ikwerre aren't Igbo which he was among the first to be begin. Its a shame how someone can be this tribalist for so many years yet pretending to be neutral. I sort of pity and laugh at him!!.

I just glanced through the Wole Soyinka call for protest thread and I did not see any Igbo excluding PointB speak on that thread therefore I wondering how Eastern Nigerian got into this. SMH, una have time to deal with that man. A little advice: Ignore him. Most people are doing so anyway just join them in that act.

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Ukraine Lawmakers Fighting Like Nigeria Lawmakers / Onitsha Sea Port / Anambra 2013: How Nollywood Stars Stormed APGA Rally To Campaign For Obiano.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.