Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? (11009 Views)

Is N50,000 Enough To Startup A Barbing Saloon? / Men's Barbing Salon / Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by omotola1(m): 9:11am On May 04, 2012
Is there any risk involved in setting up a barbing salon without being a barber. If i hire someone (a barber) to work for me, which will be better? Placing d person on commision per hair cut or monthly/weekly salary? I don‘t know how ds biz is run. Pls i need as many advice as possible. Thanks
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by btuneri: 10:08am On May 04, 2012
This is a good business if you know how to handle it.
I will advised you to discuss with the person you want
hire to delivered on monthly basis,he will be that will
take care of the overhead cost, yours is just to collect
your cash every month.

Wishing you good luck.
btuneri@gmail.com
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by eleven(m): 11:26am On May 04, 2012
btuneri: This is a good business if you know how to handle it.
I will advised you to discuss with the person you want
hire to delivered on monthly basis,he will be that will
take care of the overhead cost, yours is just to collect
your cash every month.

Wishing you good luck.
btuneri@gmail.com

Exactly. Though most barbers I know deliver weekly which I think is better and safer.
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by omotola1(m): 12:05pm On May 04, 2012
@Eleven, how much do dey deliver weekly?
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by XtremeBase(f): 6:03pm On May 05, 2012
I would like to know as well, how much is delivered weekly as well. And even for the hair salon business where seats are rented how much is being paid to the shop owner weekly. Thanks.
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by benz33(m): 4:06pm On May 06, 2012
They Deliver close to N9,000 WEEKLY. It depends on ur area too
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by omotola1(m): 4:57pm On May 06, 2012
Ok. Tnx for d info @ benz. Does anyone know how much a good clipper cost?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by babson04(m): 6:35pm On May 06, 2012
Good Bussiness, its risk free if you have proper agreement. I prefer daily deliver. Just open one microfinance bank close to the salon. Their staff will be coming and the barber will be depositing amount agreed. Your own is to check the passbook and see your money growing. Simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 06, 2012
The risk level is 10%. All you need to do is to monitor it simple.
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by XtremeBase(f): 4:52pm On May 07, 2012
benz33: They Deliver close to N9,000 WEEKLY. It depends on ur area too

At benz, what of an area like ikeja, do you have an idea of hair stylists as well. Thanks.
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by XtremeBase(f): 4:56pm On May 07, 2012
babson04: Good Bussiness, its risk free if you have proper agreement. I prefer daily deliver. Just open one microfinance bank close to the salon. Their staff will be coming and the barber will be depositing amount agreed. Your own is to check the passbook and see your money growing. Simple as that.

Daily? Is that feasible. What about a day, they dont work or get customers? Pls elaborate. Thanks.
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by babson04(m): 10:42pm On May 07, 2012
Oga you know the nature of the bussiness, what will it not let them work or having customer? They will surely give excuses, monthly, weekly and daily deliver will deliver the same amount. But daily will help you monitor the progress of your bussiness. The day there is no sales will be carry over till the next day.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by XtremeBase(f): 11:18pm On May 07, 2012
babson04: Oga you know the nature of the bussiness, what will it not let them work or having customer? They will surely give excuses, monthly, weekly and daily deliver will deliver the same amount. But daily will help you monitor the progress of your bussiness. The day there is no sales will be carry over till the next day.

Thanks Babson4 i appreciate your response.
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by akonucheinfo(m): 12:47am On May 08, 2012
very nice ideas here. guyz keep it. lets help one another grow in this dieing economy

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by WhoIGoAsk: 5:39am On May 08, 2012
You can always employ barbers, but don't they have an association?
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by XtremeBase(f): 7:38am On May 08, 2012
Who I Go Ask?:
You can always employ barbers, but don't they have an association?

They should, but why do you ask please?
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by eleven(m): 10:08pm On May 10, 2012
omotola1: @Eleven, how much do dey deliver weekly?

Depends on the area. Range is from 5k.

To find out your range, you need to monitor it for more than a month and do the maths.

Sorry, I saw this late.
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by XtremeBase(f): 10:44pm On May 10, 2012
eleven:

Depends on the area. Range is from 5k.

To find out your range, you need to monitor it for more than a month and do the maths.

Sorry, I saw this late.

Thank you eleven, we appreciate your response.
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by godello: 5:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Who pays the rent subsequently.?
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by billtommy(m): 11:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
Woud really like to know more about this biz, thinking of starting in a very lucrative area soon.
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by emmarocks: 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
in need of a good barber, good location and very busy street....at dike pack...awka anambra ...call on 08068525601 for more infor....
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:15am On May 11, 2018
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by joeybankz: 11:27am On Sep 12, 2020
ASdghj
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by konews: 7:24am On Oct 30, 2020
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by Geepee77(m): 12:08am On Mar 14, 2022
Hello guys it's 2022 and I think we should reawake this post, please if you have any update, questions, contributions and observations kindly drop it. Many unanswered questions. I've really learned a lot in this old post and I'll be glad if we wake it up again. Experience personnel should help us.
Those that have tried it b4, how was it?
Who pays the rentage?
Like if you put it on hire, how much are they paying currently.
Will 500k open a standard barbing salon including shop rent.

Please share your knowledge, you might be saving a soul and causing more employment.
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by Geepee77(m): 12:10am On Mar 14, 2022
If I employ 1 on hire, can I later employ another one or it's the guy I employ that will look for another barber if the work load is too much for him?
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by kolawolemonsuru: 2:47am On Sep 04, 2022
25. Geepee77(m): Quote Post
If I employ 1 on hire, can I later employ another one or it's the guy I employ that will look for another barber if the work load is too much for him?

Na my grandmpapa go go help you find barber MUGU �������
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by Geepee77(m): 6:36am On Sep 04, 2022
kolawolemonsuru:
25. Geepee77(m): Quote Post

Na my grandmpapa go go help you find barber MUGU �������

Immaturity
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by kolawolemonsuru: 10:58pm On Sep 24, 2022
Geeepee7

You are a MUGU �����
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by jackson44(m): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2022
Geepee77:
Hello guys it's 2022 and I think we should reawake this post, please if you have any update, questions, contributions and observations kindly drop it. Many unanswered questions. I've really learned a lot in this old post and I'll be glad if we wake it up again. Experience personnel should help us.
Those that have tried it b4, how was it?
Who pays the rentage?
Like if you put it on hire, how much are they paying currently.
Will 500k open a standard barbing salon including shop rent.

Please share your knowledge, you might be saving a soul and causing more employment.

Talking about the initial expenses ,I think #500k will do a lots and it also depend on the standard you are gunning for. And this also has to do with location ,but if you already exclude rentage from the 500k . Then it a start up capital.
(2) they deliver either weekly or you assign someone to be on standby and pay them commissions.
(3) you be the paying for rent ,but the stylist handle replacement of other items like fueling , cosmetics and items .but clippers replacement is solemnly your responsibility.but repair and sharpening is his duty.
(4) one that broke the camel strop ,is that at last he will abandon your shop and Japa at last . Because every one deserved and upgrade in life. Is either he find a better options or he open his own closer to you .
I just closed down mine now ,and because I have a warehouse beside my barber shop ,I intend turning it to an office .
If you are in sango-otta ogun-state,and needed one on one meeting to assertain my claim ,feel free to beep me.
Re: Is It Ok To Set Up A Barbing Salon Without Being A Barber? by Geepee77(m): 7:37am On Sep 26, 2022
jackson44:

Talking about the initial expenses ,I think #500k will do a lots and it also depend on the standard you are gunning for. And this also has to do with location ,but if you already exclude rentage from the 500k . Then it a start up capital.
(2) they deliver either weekly or you assign someone to be on standby and pay them commissions.
(3) you be the paying for rent ,but the stylist handle replacement of other items like fueling , cosmetics and items .but clippers replacement is solemnly your responsibility.but repair and sharpening is his duty.
(4) one that broke the camel strop ,is that at last he will abandon your shop and Japa at last . Because every one deserved and upgrade in life. Is either he find a better options or he open his own closer to you .
I just closed down mine now ,and because I have a warehouse beside my barber shop ,I intend turning it to an office .
If you are in sango-otta ogun-state,and needed one on one meeting to assertain my claim ,feel free to beep me.

Wow... Thanks for the expansion, it really helps.

(1) (Reply)

International Breweries To Merge With Two Other Firms After SEC, NSE Approval / Fire Outbreak At NNPC Station In Hadejia, Jigawa State / Afdb President Predicts Dangote Will Become Largest World Rice Exporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.