Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Are You Making This Mistake On Interview? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are You Making This Mistake On Interview? (1008 Views)

Did I Make A Mistake Studying Law? / How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? / The Biggest Mistake I See On Resumes - Google Head Of HR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Making This Mistake On Interview? by goldenceo(m): 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2007
This should help.

=======================================
Being unprepared for an interview ranks as number one in the TOP 50 Recruiter Turn-Off's and is a sure fire way to kissing goodbye a potentially fantastic job offer.

Interview preparation is a critical stage in the job hunting cycle. The quickest way to have an interview terminated is to give basic, one word, monosyllabic answers.

If your answer to an interview question begins with "Ummmm," is followed by along pause and then another "Um," it doesn't say much for your competency, does it?

To display a lack of preparation for an interview is the quickest way to have your application rejected - regardless of how great your qualifications and professional experience.

Don't Be Scared! Be Prepared!

Nowadays employers often ask questions designed to discover how you would deal with certain situations and how you would behave. Companies want to know about your abilities and track record, not just your knowledge and experience.

Recruiters love to ask the question :

What are your weaknesses?

This is one of the most useless questions anyone could ever ask you. As if anyone is going to admit to being extremely lazy and will only do the bare minimum to get by so they get to hang on to their jobs or that they are always late etc, etc, etc. I am not sure why people still ask it as it is a joke of a question but EVERY interviewer LOVES to ask it.

Your answer should be clear, concise and have a positive spin.

Questions will fall into one of three main categories: factual questions, philosophical questions, and testing questions. Each category of question requires a different sort of answer.

Factual questions require verifiable information about something you've done. Philosophical questions explore your attitudes about business. Testing questions are designed to assess your knowledge or skill.

Go with the flow. Be prepared to change gears at any time.

Anything can happen during an interview. Just as you settle in to answering a series of factual questions (Where did you work? What was your typing speed? How much many people did you supervise?), an interviewer can try to throw you a curve ball by asking you a philosophical question.

Something to keep in mind: tricky questions are not designed to deliberately trip you up. The goal of a complicated question is to give you a chance to shine, to think on your feet, and craft a clear, concise response.

The best way to be prepared for interview is think of a questions that will be most likely be asked at the interview, write out your answers and go through them with someone. Do a rehearsal interview, this is great for ironing out any glitches and will have you more confident at your interview.

Happy Job Hunting.

www.improveology.com/securethatjob
Re: Are You Making This Mistake On Interview? by mimiko(f): 3:07am On Nov 26, 2007
hi this is really cool i was actually surfing to see if i could get answers to interview qtns interwiews could be sooo creepy the last interview i had well i ve not really had much but my mistake was that when i was asked if i had a question i said no there are loads of qtns that need professional anwers phew men i will be facing another interview with a a bank in a week am so nervous cry cry cry
Re: Are You Making This Mistake On Interview? by mimiko(f): 3:08am On Nov 26, 2007
hi this is really cool i was actually surfing to see if i could get answers to interview qtns interwiews could be sooo creepy the last interview i had  well i ve not really had much but my mistake was that when i was asked if i had a question i said no there are loads of qtns that need professional anwers phew men i will be facing another interview with a a bank in a week am so nervous cry cry cry
Re: Are You Making This Mistake On Interview? by mafolayomi(f): 3:57pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hello sis, just be yrself need not be nervous just have it at the back of yr mind that they are'nt gonna kill you there.

atleast put in all yr best. i will attach some likely interview question that i have in box for u now. i actually practised this

with my younger sis when she was going for an interview and most of the questions came out and she made it, i mean she was called

Re: Are You Making This Mistake On Interview? by mimiko(f): 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2007
thanks alot thisreally kind of u kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

Oil & Gas Vacanciies (very Urgent) / Which Paves Way: The Skill You Acquired Or What You Have The Talent Of Doing? / New Ways Men Lure Girls Into Sex Through Promise Of Employment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.