Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,187 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? (32890 Views)

6 Secrets Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know / 5 Signs Your Boss Is Taking Advantage Of You / The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by jidesp(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
I wish this makes FrontPage though

I just had to post this. I hope every employer and employee can learn from it and put their acts together and fulfil their obligations without prejudice..

I know because our people are far backward, even some so called educated people wouldn't dare learn anything outside their main, It is a bad idea doing that. Man must continue learning, it is the only way to keep whatever is Natural about man in existence, we must evolve.

Ooops sorry for taking your through my brooding. OK I want you any Employee to understand this due to a question raised so many times on Nairaland.

In Nigeria, If your boss strikes you, then he/she has committed assault and you need to file charges. Calmly call the police and file a report.

The police are likely to come and take a statement. If there is a great deal of evidence (mark on your face, a cut, witnesses to the event, etc) your boss will be arrested and taken to jail. You may be terminated; however most companies wouldn't dare to immediately fire an employee who was struck by a member of the management team. They would instead start an investigation, which would likely lead to the termination of the manager.

Even if the police do not arrest your employer, contact your HR department immediately. Tell them what occurred and strongly request that action be taken. Also, ask for the remainder of the day for personal reasons and contact an attorney. You may have the makings of a civil suit against both your boss as well as the company.

Do NOT hit your boss back. The urge to do so will be great, but you need to be the mature and professional person in this situation that your supervisor was not. Call the authorities and let them handle this.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
undecided

2 Likes

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by jerflakes(m): 7:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
jidesp:

I just had to post this. I hope every employer and employee can learn from it and put their acts together and fulfil their obligations without prejudice..

I know because our people are far backward, even some so called educated people wouldn't dare learn anything outside their main, It is a bad idea doing that. Man must continue learning, it is the only way to keep whatever is Natural about man in existence, we must evolve.

Ooops sorry for taking your through my brooding. OK I want you any Employee to understand this due to a question raised so many times on Nairaland.

In Nigeria, If your boss strikes you, then he/she has committed assault and you need to file charges. Calmly call the police and file a report.

The police are likely to come and take a statement. If there is a great deal of evidence (mark on your face, a cut, witnesses to the event, etc) your boss will be arrested and taken to jail. You may be terminated; however most companies wouldn't dare to immediately fire an employee who was struck by a member of the management team. They would instead start an investigation, which would likely lead to the termination of the manager.

Even if the police do not arrest your employer, contact your HR department immediately. Tell them what occurred and strongly request that action be taken. Also, ask for the remainder of the day for personal reasons and contact an attorney. You may have the makings of a civil suit against both your boss as well as the company.

Do NOT hit your boss back. The urge to do so will be great, but you need to be the mature and professional person in this situation that your supervisor was not. Call the authorities and let them handle this.

Just find some motorpark touts,

Buy one man squad (N400 for 2bottles) and marijuana (N500 worth) for them,

and tell them where to wait for your boss.

Also let them know that after handling your boss, they can collect his phones, laptops, wallet, watch, shoes, shirts and any orher tangible thing as payment.

Lastly, tell them to make sure that they break the hand your boss used to slap you.

That way, you will be happy that you have made new friends and your boss will not slap anyone again.

178 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Elegantdiva: 6:02am On Jul 13, 2015
I think the slap is preferable than subjecting one to cleaner, gardner, Gateman and houseboy!( even wif ur bsc) .
Insults his employee at any slightest selffault.. .. Just waiting for d day he would reduce my salary or slap me than he would know who my parents are. Than i would personnly tell him not every jobseeker is hungry!

4 Likes

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by jidesp(m): 11:00am On Jul 13, 2015
Elegantdiva:
I think the slap is preferable than subjecting one to cleaner, gardner, Gateman and houseboy!( even wif ur bsc) .
Insults his employee at any slightest selffault.. .. Just waiting for d day he would reduce my salary or slap me than he would know who my parents are. Than i would personnly tell him not every jobseeker is hungry!

Well if you try it, your claim might not be justified because you retaliated. This is in accordance with the English Maxim "He who comes to equity must come with clean hands"

It is better to know your right.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by jidesp(m): 11:00am On Jul 13, 2015
jerflakes:

Just find some motorpark touts,

Buy one man squad (N400 for 2bottles) and marijuana (N500 worth) for them,

and tell them where to wait for your boss.

Also let them know that after handling your boss, they can collect his phones, laptops, wallet, watch, shoes, shirts and any orher tangible thing as payment.

Lastly, tell them to make sure that they break the hand your boss used to slap you.

That way, you will be happy that you have made new friends and your boss will not slap anyone again.

You get issue. hahaha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by jerflakes(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2015
jidesp:

You get issue. hahaha

Shey una wan know how to react?

grin
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Allsmyles(f): 2:18am On Jul 15, 2015
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
but why waste time when you can slap the person back?

9 Likes

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by fattbabakay(m): 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
Slap ma own back!!!

1 Like

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Kufie(m): 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
Call the police? Hello you're in Nigeria.

PS: I'd bitchslap that hoe! smiley

6 Likes

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
majidyusuf:
n

You might need to reconsider that comment of yours.

1 Like

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by EverestdeBliu(m): 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
Well said...
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by sainty2k3(m): 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
U can only take those legal steps when u are ready to leave that job or its government establishment

1 Like

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by eleko1: 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
Simply maintain ur cool/say sorry sir/ma.Nothing do u cool
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by AlchemistDean(m): 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by missKiffy(f): 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
jidesp:

In this our Nigeria? I will hit back and rather lose my job than allow him get away with it. You think this policemen have the time to come and arrest someone just cos he slapped you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Chukwutobi: 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
My boss has no right to slap me! if he tries it, he will pay for it.

Just as OP said, he and the organization will pay dearly for it in court especially if the organization does nothing about it!
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by shalomm: 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
Look into his eyes and give him a warm smile.

He won't be able to sleep for nights.

13 Likes

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by tundeayo2020: 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
Slap him back twice if possible

Take this advice at your own peril

1 Like

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by hackerboogey: 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
As he give u one, You give am two bacK(TWA TWA) becos na frm clap u take dey enter dance... If u no react, he go dey slap u
for any small mistake way u make.

4 Likes

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by INTROVERT(f): 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
What if it's a major mistake?? grin
Costing the company huge amounts of money time etc
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
bushdoc9919:

You might need to reconsider that comment of yours.
na wrong picture enter, no vex
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Antarch: 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by MrOreo(m): 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
In scorpion's voice "come over here" BACC<- <-YYBY...... FATALITY angry

1 Like

Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Precious91(m): 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
ok.Thanks Op
Re: How To React If Your Boss always Slaps You For A Minor Mistake? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
Give d boss 3 thunderous slap........ he chop craze?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Start Your Company With N10,000 Or More And Earn 5 Figure Earning Monthly / ... Was Sacked For Not Dancing To 'shake Body'... Now An Employer Of Labour / Meet Adebola Rebecca, GIGL’s First Female Captain (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.