Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

My System Is Connected But Cant Browse Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My System Is Connected But Cant Browse Help! (758 Views)

I Cant Browse With My Airtel Line Having 97.24mb / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / My System Is Connected But Not Browsing. Pls Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My System Is Connected But Cant Browse Help! by HERO111: 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2007
Pls somebody help me,
my network (lan) had some problems with the cat5 cable and after fixing with a new cable sone systems appear connected but cantt browse the internet while others browse .
How will i handle this?,pls help
God bless u as u do.
Re: My System Is Connected But Cant Browse Help! by Neptune(m): 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2007
don't know much about networking, but i think u should reinstall the network.

give more details.

how many of u are on the network?

which system acts as the server? yours or another persons?
Re: My System Is Connected But Cant Browse Help! by mmonwuba(m): 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2007
try to be more specific about your network. you said its a lan, so what type of router are you using. how does your computers on the network obtain their ip address. is there any server(s) on the network? Are you sure that there is even any existing connection at all? run ipconfig/all at the command prompt to show the network configuration. lets have a look at what you get from there. Try this and give me feed back to work with.

thats one part. the second is; if you are connected and can see various system, then the network cable is not the issue. Check the cable connecting the hub/switch to the router. change its port. try connecting the router directly to a system to confirm internet access.

(1) (Reply)

I Wanna Sell My Toshiba Tecra / Digium Cards / Special Help With My Hp Pavillion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.