Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure (6141 Views)

EFCC Operatives Arrest PDP Spokesperson Olisa Metuh Over N1.4b Fraud / Joshua Okpo Dies After Amaechi Ordered Probe Of N18bn Expenditure / Independence Anniversary Expenditure For The Past 5 Years. - Nasir El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure by tpia5: 7:33pm On May 06, 2012
alj harem: Having a world class int airport in Akwa Ibom would make people that love the luxury and comfort to be travelling though AI rather than go through the stress of Lagos or Abuja.

We can make life comfortable for all of us, we are just too stubborn

the article is about the asaba airport, not akwa ibom airport.

asaba is in delta state by river niger while akwa ibom is beside cameroon.
Re: Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure by tpia5: 7:36pm On May 06, 2012
@ topic

cant make head or tail of any of it, and neither can i make head or tail of anything happening in nigerian politics.
Re: Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure by Benzora(m): 7:45pm On May 06, 2012
@ Doctokwus I am absolutely with you on this. Though me thinks the argument should tilt towards whether or not the huge sum of N7.4billion shld be expended on clearing a little hill besides the billions already sunk in. I flew on Arik air to this a/port about a month ago and was terribly disappointed at the substandard state of the a/port. Then I asked myself whether it was worth the money sunk in and the answer is a capital no especially when the Benin a/port is just a few km away. Uduaghan cannot use pressure from the SE govs as an excuse to waste the resources of the people who voted him. This a/port does not have any bearing on the economy of Delta State besides being used as a white elephant project to drain their resources.The entire airport was originally conceived at a total cost of N4billion but as at today, let Uduaghan make bold to tell the world hw much he has spent on the airport in a State with a very high poverty rate. What shame!
Re: Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure by sametru: 11:22pm On May 06, 2012
pls tell him and those people the governor has paid to post here. you are talking about caror bus from lagos or abuja is the problem,anyway u are not from delta so u dont know the amount mr governor said he used to remove hill 7.4. can he tell efcc that.mr governor would join his brother after his four years. no new school building, ekpan general hospital visitor are the one buying fuel for generators, pti rord no drainage,okumagba/deco road no drainage, sapele effurun road no drainage,look the bad drinage at ughelli warri road( NO ROD AND is NOT DEEP). please check him for us
Benzora: @ Doctokwus I am absolutely with you on this. Though me thinks the argument should tilt towards whether or not the huge sum of N7.4billion shld be expended on clearing a little hill besides the billions already sunk in. I flew on Arik air to this a/port about a month ago and was terribly disappointed at the substandard state of the a/port. Then I asked myself whether it was worth the money sunk in and the answer is a capital no especially when the Benin a/port is just a few km away. Uduaghan cannot use pressure from the SE govs as an excuse to waste the resources of the people who voted him. This a/port does not have any bearing on the economy of Delta State besides being used as a white elephant project to drain their resources.The entire airport was originally conceived at a total cost of N4billion but as at today, let Uduaghan make bold to tell the world hw much he has spent on the airport in a State with a very high poverty rate. What shame!
pls tell him and those people the governor has paid to post here. you are talking about car and bus from lagos or abuja to SS or SE is the problem,anyway u are not from delta so u dont know the amount mr governor said he used to remove hill 7.4. can he tell efcc that.mr governor would join his brother after his four years. no new school building, ekpan general hospital visitor are the one buying fuel for generators, pti rord no drainage,okumagba/deco road no drainage, sapele effurun road no drainage,look the bad drinage at ughelli warri road( NO ROD AND is NOT DEEP). please check him for us
Re: Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure by lagbaja(m): 5:14am On May 07, 2012
Collosal fraud, he spent N7.4B removing a hill. Hill removal is common place in constrution and could not have cost that much. It even comes with benefits providing bi-products such as granites for the run-way construction and a hardcore foundation which saves them money. How much did d quarries on lagos ibadan express rd spend pulling down massive hills to make granite.
Re: Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure by bestview: 9:34am On May 07, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: We s'easterners (especially Anambra) are sufficient with the Asaba airport. All we need is a second niger bridge and we will be just fine!

How can you make such a stupid comment, you must be out of your mind. How can a state as Anambra which can only be compared to Lagos and Rivers in Nigeria not have its own airport to services the economic/commercial city of SE- Onitsha and Japan of Africa- Nnewi?

The truth is that asaba airport is not a viable prtoject since the govt of Delta did not consider what its own people needs most. Its a waste of public funds on irrelevant and inappropriate project. The Delta govt built an airport based on the mere fact that Onitsha and Nnewi is just across the niger to utilize it.
s
FYI: To bust your bubble, Anambra has finalised arrangements with the Orient Pet. Refinery to build an Int'l Cargo/Passenger Airport as approved by FG in Anambra North very close to the refinery site. Its also about 20 mins to Onitsha via GRA, 35min to Awka and about 45mins to Nnewi.

The airport is a central airport to serve Anambra cities and also neighboring Kogi, Nsukka areas up to Benue.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/11/fg-approves-construction-of-anambra-cargo-airport/
Re: Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure by OneNaira6: 9:50am On May 07, 2012
wesley80: Fair enough?

Fair enough how?

7.4 billion naira wasted on a project that is not half way done and you think that is a good thing?
Re: Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure by wesley80(m): 10:11am On May 07, 2012
One_Naira:

Fair enough how?

7.4 billion naira wasted on a project that is not half way done and you think that is a good thing?

This sign "?" is actually called a question mark!
Re: Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure by Demdem(m): 11:22am On May 07, 2012
Port harcourt has an international airport + another at the airforce base.
Bayelsa is also looking towards building another airport ( i read this sometime ago)
Owerri has an airport that seems to be decaying away
Uyo has a very good airport and i wonder why international flights dont go there also
Enugu also has one that needs attention from the FG
Now Asaba.............................

IMO, i think in the midst of abject poverty, its unnecessary. agreed, Onitsha seems to be just a bridge away from asaba but isnt enough reason to build a separate airport for it. Other airports within this zone can still serve Onitsha well even with the longer distance coupled with "RiverPort" that is about to be commissioned. All these money would have been better spent on the masses but knowing who the chief dog of delta is, its good we see him do something with the money (no matter how useless) than to embezzle it.
Re: Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure by bakila: 2:43pm On May 07, 2012
djcmeon39: hmm uduaghan,always in d news for d wrong reasons,7.4 millon,oh billion! 2 clear a hill dat was neva dere,i taught d project was for jonathan to land his plane durin d summit,i passed dere yesterday and believe me,no work is goin on dere.dis money is surely mean't to be shared by dem dem,

Eyewitness account, I believe you to Oga Gov. That he has to explain explains the tchuwatchuwa and magumagu and wuruwuru that the mugus are doing to us. gbam we will have another mugshot of Governor of that state.
Re: Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure by tck2000(m): 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
Re: Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure by Max8: 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
U no tell us how much u thief inside the N7.4billion oo, grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

''we Stole Your Money And Gave You 20 Pounds'' A Yoruba Caller On Radio Biafra / Shame....nigerians It Is Finished! We Now Know Who Asiwaju: He Was Jailed Twice! / Tinubu's Appointment Of Partisan RECS Endangering Democracy - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.