Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,192 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Whats Surulere Local Govt Doing?Flooding On simisola Str Off Ogunlana Drive. PIC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whats Surulere Local Govt Doing?Flooding On simisola Str Off Ogunlana Drive. PIC (1154 Views)

Julius Berger To End Flooding On Aba-Port Harcourt Road / Surulere Local Government Fits Into The “change” Slogan Of Apc / Hon Femi Gbajabiamila Unveils CDC Logo And Signage In Surulere Local Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whats Surulere Local Govt Doing?Flooding On simisola Str Off Ogunlana Drive. PIC by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 06, 2012
When we were young it is often said "a teachers reward is in heaven" but now we know better cos its still not far from the truth considering their wages.

As nigerians when are we gonna enjoy dividends of democracy from our elected/selected federal/state/local public officials?.
The local govt chairmen are worse and with all their allocations there are little or nothing to show for it at the grassroots.

I was with a friend at simisola street by olufemi street off ogunlana drive surulere yesterday before it rained for less than 40 minutes and by the time we came out of the house the whole street had been flooded "knee-deep" due to bad drainage.

From my enquiries I learnt the situation has been like that for years.

And i wonder if nigerians will ever get dividends of democracy except "in heaven"!

Re: Whats Surulere Local Govt Doing?Flooding On simisola Str Off Ogunlana Drive. PIC by karlmax2: 2:41pm On May 06, 2012
This is suppose to be the so called mega city!!@op the local government don't have funds to do anything their allocations are collected by the state government and shared to them like beggars and the peanut they get they pay salaries and the chairmen and party members steal the rest is not only olufemi go to other local government in lagos the roads and drainage system have all been abandoned what we Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ in lagos is cosmetic dressing where the major roads are patched or renovated and praise singers would come and sing praises Go to other area in aguda.ijeshatedo and other areas if olufemi is like dis I wonder how olatilewa,jubril martins and other area in the local government would look like

(1) (Reply)

T.A Orji: My Predecessors Should Know Why Abia Is Backward / PDP Going To War In 2015!- Tukur / Anambra Guber Poll To Hold On Nov 16: List Your Likely Successors With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.