Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Lagos Striking Doctors Sacked - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Striking Doctors Sacked (845 Views)

Striking Doctors Offer To Treat Ebola Patients / Lagos Sacks Striking Doctors / How Obasanjo And The Striking Doctors Killed My Friend! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Striking Doctors Sacked by poj(m): 5:10pm On May 07, 2012
Just heard over d radio continental news dt all the 1000 doctors participating in d on going strike had been sacked. Does it serve them right or wht do u think?
Re: Lagos Striking Doctors Sacked by Ray1251(m): 5:14pm On May 07, 2012
Lagos state gov is very very stupid for dat,
Re: Lagos Striking Doctors Sacked by Ray1251(m): 5:16pm On May 07, 2012
Lagos state gov is very very stupi.d for dat,
Re: Lagos Striking Doctors Sacked by Bisjosh(f): 5:28pm On May 07, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked WHAT??
Re: Lagos Striking Doctors Sacked by alfablondy: 6:05pm On May 07, 2012
Re: Lagos Striking Doctors Sacked by allycat: 6:46pm On May 07, 2012
I am one of the sacked doctors and for those that say good for us I say thank you. My department in LASUTH had 4 consultants and 3 residents, while the corresponding department in LUTH had 4 consultants and 18 residents. We have been trying to attract young doctors to join the department but nobody wants to come because of the unusually heavy workload and low pay compared to other teaching hospitals. So now they have sacked us I wonder where they will get the willing horses to do the work. Lagos state health service had only one active neurosurgeon and 2 cardiothoracic surgeons who have also been sacked. I guess they will bring in some Indians who will agree to earn half of what they were earning. Residents in LUTH and other teaching hospitals get accommodation in the hospital premises while those inLASUTH are expected to sleep in their cars when rooms are full and in some units if they are alone may be on call for a whole month at a stretch. Anyway persoally I welcome the rest for the past one year I have been doing my job plus the job of a collegue who was on study leave. I could have refused to see his patients and nobody could have done me jack but I chose to cos I felt it wasn't their fault. Now my phone has been ringing off the hook the same patients are begging to see me privately and unfortunately for them, I have health isssues for which I would rather rest than take their money.
Re: Lagos Striking Doctors Sacked by akmid(f): 12:29am On May 08, 2012
OMG! am in shock at d news,i did my medical elective in a general hospital in lagos cos i am a medical student studying outside nigeria,i can testify to how these doctors are overworked,not fair at all on them,wow,dnt think i wanna return to nig to practice,later they wld say lots of nig docs r refusing to come back home.Nonsense.
Re: Lagos Striking Doctors Sacked by alfablondy: 1:58am On May 08, 2012
allycat: I am one of the sacked doctors and for those that say good for us I say thank you. My department in LASUTH had 4 consultants and 3 residents, while the corresponding department in LUTH had 4 consultants and 18 residents. We have been trying to attract young doctors to join the department but nobody wants to come because of the unusually heavy workload and low pay compared to other teaching hospitals. So now they have sacked us I wonder where they will get the willing horses to do the work. Lagos state health service had only one active neurosurgeon and 2 cardiothoracic surgeons who have also been sacked. I guess they will bring in some Indians who will agree to earn half of what they were earning. Residents in LUTH and other teaching hospitals get accommodation in the hospital premises while those inLASUTH are expected to sleep in their cars when rooms are full and in some units if they are alone may be on call for a whole month at a stretch. Anyway persoally I welcome the rest for the past one year I have been doing my job plus the job of a collegue who was on study leave. I could have refused to see his patients and nobody could have done me jack but I chose to cos I felt it wasn't their fault. Now my phone has been ringing off the hook the same patients are begging to see me privately and unfortunately for them, I have health isssues for which I would rather rest than take their money.
@ allycat. you remind me of a friend who was the only resident in LASUTH ENT department some years back, he had 3 consultants. He was on call everyday, he got tired of it moved to LUTH and presently in SA. I really feel u.
Re: Lagos Striking Doctors Sacked by rappelz: 7:00am On May 08, 2012
He is like this

(1) (Reply)

HIV/AIDS Drug Found: Dr Francoise Barre-sinoussi / What's D Risk Of Me Contracting An Sti / From The Doctor’s Desk: 10 Bad Habits That Can Seriously Damage Your Brain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.