Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife (7188 Views)

Buhari Has Committed Impeachable Offence - Ezeife / North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others / Igbo Must Be President In 2015 – Orji Uzor Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by Nobody: 4:34am On May 08, 2012
AWKA – FIRST civilian governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife, insisted yesterday that Igbo nation must produce the president of Nigeria in 2015 in the interest of justice and equity.

Ezeife, who spoke at a workshop organised by Orient Communications Limited and the Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ, said, however, that the Igbo presidency project would not pitch the South East against President Goodluck Jonathan if he eventually decided to vie, adding that Jonathan was free to seek for another term for the exalted office.

Ezeife said: “There are six pieces of meat on the table. There are six people on the table. Every person has taken a piece of meat, except one person and the meat remains one piece and the question is who takes it?

“We are talking of law of equity. We are talking of law of fairness in Nigeria. Every zone in Nigeria has supplied the Chief executive of this country except the South East, so in 2015, the zone should be allowed to take its own.

“Let us not destroy what has taken us years to build. The North is saying it wants it in 2015. Ndigbo are saying the same thing too. The incumbent President, they say, wants a second term. In all these, let justice prevail.

“We do not have any conflict with Jonathan. We are equally not going to fight him. He is also free to seek for second term. We will play only a game of cooperation and not a game of violence.

“But Igbo must be there. Jonathan should equally campaign if he wishes because the constitution made provision for that. Igbo people will not hound him, but the project is a must for Ndigbo.”

Though, the former vice president, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, was present at the event, he failed to speak on the issue, stressing that the occasion was not a forum for politics but culture.

He commended the organizers of the event, hoping that it would help to bring back Igbo culture and values to life.
Anambra State governor, Mr. Peter Obi, who was represented by the state Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Chief Maja Umeh, disagreed with the insinuation that Ndigbo was not united.

According to him, the South East governors have done great things together in making sure that there is unity in the zone.

He added that it was the reason the governors in the zone were working out a way of restoring Igbo values and culture.
Sponsor of the workshop, Mr. Godwin Ezeemo, said if the people of the South East wanted to get to the Promised Land, they must eschew hatred and retaliation and embrace the spirit of rejoicing with one another.

His words: “We must not run people down in order to actualize our selfish interests. We must not tell the public lies as policy makers when we seem to be failing to live up to expectations. “It is left for us to start thinking of what to do to save the face of Ndigbo and it is left for us to critically think out pragmatic ways by which we can once again fulfill the dreams of our forefathers.”

National President of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ, Malam Mohammed Garuba said the only way to achieve the 2015 dream of Ndigbo was through unity, noting that he had found out that the people of the South East did not love themselves, citing examples with a situation where four people from the zone are fighting for the office of the national treasurer of the NUJ reserved for zone.

He appealed to the South East leaders to bring sanity to the zone by being in touch with one another in their own interest.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/igbo-must-produce-president-in-2015-ezeife/
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by Nobody: 4:37am On May 08, 2012
^^^^If an Igbo president can take us back to regional government - I'll gladly use my money to support him... But Igbos need to play their politics right, and carry the whole south along... The middle-belt is the swing region, and it's looking towards the south.. This is the best chance for Igbos IMO...

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by Mynd44: 6:12am On May 08, 2012
Who cares where the next president is from? As long as he is not a Clueless retardeen who did not have shoes when he was growing up

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by dayokanu(m): 6:14am On May 08, 2012
Is Reetardeen AZIKWE EBELE Odechukwu Jonathan not Ibo?

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by Mynd44: 8:10am On May 08, 2012
dayokanu: Is Reetardeen AZIKWE EBELE Odechukwu Jonathan not Ibo?
The leaders of Ndigbo have started speaking not just from both but from all sides of their mouth

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by ebere1712: 8:37am On May 08, 2012
For the last time you dunces. Your president is ijaw, not Igbo.
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by Mynd44: 8:42am On May 08, 2012
ebere1712: For the last time you dunces. Your president is ijaw, not Igbo.
But why did those Igbo leaders call him their son during the presidential campaign?
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by sheyguy: 8:47am On May 08, 2012
The president of Ohaneze abi
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by lacasa: 9:41am On May 08, 2012
sheyguy: The president of Ohaneze abi

grin grin

Has biafra been finally laid τ̅☺ restgrin grin
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by manosteel(m): 9:43am On May 08, 2012
Old News.
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by dplordx(m): 9:46am On May 08, 2012
Sad. Didnt we support GEJ? What has it gotten us? Our people been slaughtered like chickens and GEJ is doing nothing about it.
Enough with partisan rubbish. Nigeria must produce the right person who can fix its problem! angry angry angry

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by ifihearam: 9:53am On May 08, 2012
The igbos should keep dreaming

Whisling out of the thread
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by kokoA(m): 9:55am On May 08, 2012
Isn't this old man tired of this nonsense talk? Being president is no one's birth right. If the igbos don't work for it, they won't get it and the earlier they realizes this the better for them. You don't become president by making noise everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by ismhab(m): 9:56am On May 08, 2012
Let them start another civil war, since it is by force to produce the president, let them not ever dream of it, thanks to the Nigerian civil war, we will never trust them period.
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by AlusiOkija: 10:00am On May 08, 2012
I am so sorry but I think his is on a long thing!!

2019 definitely.
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by Delafruita(m): 10:00am On May 08, 2012
anytime nigeria intends to move forward,one igbotic,expired old man comes to blab rubbish.who cares where the president comes from?priority should be electing a good man regardless of where he comes from.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by Aladinn(m): 10:07am On May 08, 2012
Nigerians should vote the best candidate irrespective of tribe, religion or sentiments, for the sake of their children's future. GEJ capitalised on the people's sentiments, and look at where we've found ourselves. Corruption in government has reached an unbelievable height. Failed promises. I would subscribe to a two-party system and not the tribal parties we call political parties.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by achi4u(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2012
ismhab: Let them start another civil war, since it is by force to produce the president, let them not ever dream of it, thanks to the Nigerian civil war, we will never trust them period.
see your coconut head,if another war start your clueless people will be the one to pay the price heavly with their unclean blood.we dont even need your trust hence you are untrusted.
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by Nobody: 10:13am On May 08, 2012
Sure. . . Igbo for President come 2015 or else Nigeria Ceased to exist. . .period!
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by Bamisko(m): 10:17am On May 08, 2012
Is that possible
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by ballabriggs: 10:17am On May 08, 2012
Here they come again with their otimkpu political ideology. What is even wrong with these Igbo people? Now ask them their strategy for this their 'Igbo Presidency'. None. I've said it before that the Igbo man is the biggest looser in the Nigerian project. He makes a lot of noise but there is little on the ground to back his otimkpu way of life. However, this is not to generalise. There were indeed some good Igbo men. For example, De Sam Mbakwe. With the little he had he was able to build Imo-which had Abia and some parts of Ebonyi at the time- with very little resources. Ufortunately he is no more. The Igbo man is now left in the hands of certified thugs such as Chris and Nnamdi Uba to mention a few.
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by achi4u(m): 10:18am On May 08, 2012
abeg sombody should enlist the names of the most trusted and best possible candidate to run for that seat inrespective of tribe and region.
just name them:...
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by kpokute: 10:21am On May 08, 2012
ismhab: Let them start another civil war, since it is by force to produce the president, let them not ever dream of it, thanks to the Nigerian civil war, we will never trust them period.
An animal is better than you, if not you woudn't have been so senseless to bring up the issue of civil war when the discuss is about producing a president. In as musch as the Igbo will never be as animalistic, idiotic and violent as u and ur kingsmen, they are certainly not cowards. Are u not ashamed that your father and his ethnic group are not more comfortable and prosperous than the Igbo that fought a war. Your lack of quality education and ignorance of history has made it impossible for you to know what caused the civil war. Bastard!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by kpokute: 10:26am On May 08, 2012
ballabriggs: Here they come again with their otimkpu political ideology. What is even wrong with these Igbo people? Now ask them their strategy for this their 'Igbo Presidency'. None. I've said it before that the Igbo man is the biggest looser in the Nigerian project. He makes a lot of noise but there is little on the ground to back his otimkpu way of life. However, this is not to generalise. There were indeed some good Igbo men. For example, De Sam Mbakwe. With the little he had he was able to build Imo-which had Abia and some parts of Ebonyi at the time- with very little resources. Ufortunately he is no more. The Igbo man is now left in the hands of certified thugs such as Chris and Nnamdi Uba to mention a few.
You have neither quality education nor wisdom to guide you in discussing sensitive issues, so you deserve not to be taken serious. Go to ur mother's room and sleep. Idiot!
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by aljharem(m): 10:29am On May 08, 2012
If we use sentiment to vote, it really should go to the SE but please please I would want to urge my Igbo brothers and Sisters to look around them wherever they are in the country and see the state in which Nigeria is.

I want you all to know that the power to make Nigeria better for all of us lies in your hands as well. These people don't care about the typical Igbo man on the street apart from their immediate family and themselves.

2015 is upto the Igbos People NOT THE POT BELLY LEADERS to decide what they want.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by collinsfbi(m): 10:30am On May 08, 2012
na by force? a dream that can never come true, quote me.

Gbammm over and out

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by aljharem(m): 10:33am On May 08, 2012
collinsfbi: na by force? a dream that can never comes true, quote me.

Gbammm over and out

Why can't it come true ?

Words like this does not unite Nigeria, In fact times I don't blame the Igbos for disliking Nigeria at times.

If a strong Igbo leader like Gov of Imo comes out, he surly has my vote.

The future of Nigeria lies with us not some pot belly man. Fact
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by Ganys: 10:34am On May 08, 2012
Shocked!!! I thought they said Jonathan is their son....oh, its unfair oooh. Have they forgotten our president's middle namw AZIKWE.... How time flies

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by Chanchit: 10:37am On May 08, 2012
The kingdom of nigeria has suffered violence, and to become president u need to do more than blab, which the old man is doin'.... Big ups to Alex Ekweme, for refusin to comment on the silly issue, savin his energy for better things..... I think the Igbo people should only pray for Nigeria to break up, its only tru' dt way dt they can get their first Biafra president, any other way leads to fools paradise.....
Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by Nobody: 10:41am On May 08, 2012
Give me a reason why it must be an Igbo man for President...even at the expense of a better man from another region.

We all can see where sentiment brought us with Uncle Jonah Presidency.

Am only prepared now to vote in the best man..even if he is from another planet.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Must Produce A President In 2015 – Ezeife by GOZILLA(m): 10:46am On May 08, 2012
alj harem:

Why can't it come true ?

Words like this does not unite Nigeria, In fact times I don't blame the Igbos for disliking Nigeria at times.

If a strong Igbo leader like GOV OF IMO comes out, he surly has my vote.

The future of Nigeria lies with us not some pot belly man. Fact
[quote author=alj harem]
THAT THIEF!! You don't know what u r sayin!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Warns Igbo Youths Against Ballot Box Snatching / PHCN Staff To Go On Strike: Very Funny! / Jonathan Rates Self-high On Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.