Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan (6168 Views)

Murray Bruce, Others Ask Buhari To Stop Blaming Jonathan For Insecurity In NE / 12 Prominent Nigerian Leaders Yet To Congratulate President-elect, GMB / GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Other Past Nigerian Leaders At Council Of State Meeting Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 6:04am On May 08, 2012
http://www.blueprintng.com/?p=23699

The First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, has said
that the current state of insecurity in Nigeria is
purely as a result of the failure of leaders of the
country to keep to promises made during
campaigns.
She made this assertion in her speech during the
occasion of the flag-off of Peace and Advocacy
rally at the Benue state Government House,
Makurdi.
According to her, those saddled with the
responsibility of providing security should be
more vigilant and duty conscious.
Mrs. Jonathan, who used the opportunity as
what she termed a ‘thank you tour’ to thank the
women for supporting the Jonathan team during
the last elections, also enjoined Nigerians to
embrace peace so as to harness progress.
“No meaningful development can be achieved
without peace. It is not enough to talk about
peace. We should believe in peace, which is not
also enough until we start acting it. Let us reject
all forms of violence and evil company. We are
tired of bearing the consequences of the actions
of a selfish few.”
Thanking the First Lady for deeming Benue
worthy of a visit, wife of the state governor, Arc.
Yemisi Suswam, also stressed the need for
peace, noting that politics, which is supposed to
be an agent of progress, has turned a game that
breeds hatred and perpetration of violence. She
thus enjoined politicians to eschew violence.
Mrs. Suswam, who just turned 45 years old,
could not hide her joy as she was quick to
acknowledge during her speech that the
occasion coincided with her birthday and thus
used the opportunity to preach peace which,
according to her, has always been her desire.
“This occasion is significant to me not just
because it coincided with my 45th birthday and
would always remind me of the importance and
essence of peace in our state but it has also
come at the time when I have emerged as
leader of the Forum of Northern Governors
Wives. I will, therefore, take the message of
peace to the forum and by extension
consolidate the peace advocacy in northern
Nigeria”.
Earlier, Mrs. Jonathan had commissioned the
headquarters of the Sev-av Foundation, the pet
project of Arc. Yemisi Suswam. She had also
commissioned the kitchen and gymnasium of
the foundation, as well as graduation of artisans
from the Sev-av Foundation.
Also during the visit, the wife of the Senate
President, Mrs Omma Mark, the wife of the
Vice-President, Hajiya Amina Sambo, and Dame
Patience Jonathan were all dressed in the Tiv
traditional attire.
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by egift(m): 7:15am On May 08, 2012
S@NNiE:
http://www.blueprintng.com/?p=23699

The First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, has said that the current state of insecurity in Nigeria is purely as a result of the failure of leaders of the country to keep to promises made during campaigns.

Is SHE aware that means her husband? Or the N1.3 billion Egusi soup she is cooking in Aso Rock not allowing her to see that part?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by jamace(m): 7:47am On May 08, 2012
We don't have LEADERS in Nigeria, we have POLITICIANS IN BUSINESS, who INVEST to make profits at the detriment of the masses, even if it means LOOTING to gain.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by Mynd44: 7:59am On May 08, 2012
Where is Boko Haram when you need them? I guess even Them will get scared when faced with here level of gunfire.
#just kidding
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by Sijo01(f): 9:02am On May 08, 2012
Is her husband nt part of leaders?

Btw, hw come d engrish is wel constructd?
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by omar22(m): 9:29am On May 08, 2012
Someone needs to Muzzle this lady!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by lacasa: 9:31am On May 08, 2012
ΐn essence, ϑα† means GEj (her husband) as d leader O̶̷̩̥̊͡f d country i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ d lead failure.

Atleast for 1ce ΐn ha 1.3billion naira on food eating life, she no blow Grammar away aπϑ She stated α glaring n obvious Truth.

3 umblerras goes out τ̅☺ dame

*umblerra* **umblerra** ***umblerra***
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by chelseabmw(m): 9:38am On May 08, 2012
na wah for this woman oooo...is GEJ not a leader? shocked
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by forkadict(m): 9:39am On May 08, 2012
If i give this stooopid illiterate woman one dirty backhand slap ehn? She go deaf one time.

I no sabi who give her audacity to comment on national affairs. Like mumu husband like mumu wife.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by jamil2(m): 9:39am On May 08, 2012
She was on point and i am expecting her to feed the masses on how to ends the problem not outlined it cus for long we are aware of the people responsibles of the current situation.
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by chelseabmw(m): 9:41am On May 08, 2012
who tell una say she nor speak grammar ? na the newspaper editor make the englisdh dey ok grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by Ess: 9:49am On May 08, 2012
Azazi talk am, now madam herself done talk am... lipsrsealed
Only a fool will ignore how God is using their closest people to tell us of our misfortune.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by sexiestharam(f): 9:54am On May 08, 2012
T
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by ifihearam: 9:58am On May 08, 2012
Did she read all these fluently? Or by assistance

Most words there would be preety difficult for her to pronounce.

Seriously we have no leaders and her dear husband is the leader of all leaders in Nigeria today.
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by jeddyMay(f): 10:01am On May 08, 2012
Once she 'spake' gud grammar n she said d truth.....GEJ, u dnt suffer cos all ur peeps don't dey point @ u.including ur 'fellow widow' wife.
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:19am On May 08, 2012
egift:

Is SHE aware that means her husband? Or the N1.3 billion Egusi soup she is cooking in Aso Rock not allowing her to see that part?
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by Guapo(m): 10:25am On May 08, 2012
sexiestharam:
For a while now, I have noticed she always reads a speech when she is talking. She is not allowed to talk anymore from her brain to avoid more bombs to the nation. grin

Chai Nairaland! grin grin If madam Jona should by any chance get to see this thread she will cry fire and sulphur. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by aljharem(m): 10:25am On May 08, 2012
She is absolutely right. Ride one Dame, smiley
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by duen23(m): 10:30am On May 08, 2012
she did say 'Benue state is a very beautiful continent'

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by achi4u(m): 10:34am On May 08, 2012
una too much for yaning oooh!,
her grammatical backsliding is not our problems now,rather she wanted to profer soluction to some of our prob.
she is on point,her husband is no longer performing his inn-thing again.so her henglish is....
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by hsert(f): 10:34am On May 08, 2012
But she said " I am in Markurdi State" for real

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by Kockane(m): 10:35am On May 08, 2012
You pple shld refrain from insulting our national leaders. Dame patience is the mother of the nation and she deserves our respect. Ride on, our great woman of virtue, excellent in beauty, glorious in splendour.
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:41am On May 08, 2012
I wish dame could open a Facebook page, m gonna be her number one fan. do you guys see how she always take the lead when she and Jonathan step out of the presidential jet on international visits. The foreign ministers welcoming the entourage must think she is the president while jona is her orderly. Lovely couple ... LOL
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:41am On May 08, 2012
where is @BEAF to throw up a convincing defense when you need him
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by Nedu31(m): 10:44am On May 08, 2012
duen23: she did say 'Benue state is a very beautiful continent'
lolz..no tear my mouth with laff o!
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by Ekiti1: 10:44am On May 08, 2012
Sijo01:
Btw, hw come d engrish is wel constructd?
undecided
jeddyMay: Once she 'spake' gud grammar n she said d truth......including ur 'fellow widow' wife.
duen23: she did say 'Benue state is a very beautiful continent'
Chei! Patience don suffer
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by onatisi(m): 10:44am On May 08, 2012
i just hope dame can have the chance to read all this yabis .she wont be able to eat for three day well ofcourse that will be if she is able to understand them
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by Delafruita(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2012
Kockane: You pple shld refrain from insulting our national leaders. Dame patience is the mother of the nation and she deserves our respect. Ride on, our great woman of virtue, excellent in beauty, glorious in splendour.
who be dis?maybe patience na ur own mama but me sabi my own mama.who b national leader?
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by WhoIGoAsk: 10:59am On May 08, 2012
her words
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by busybee24: 10:59am On May 08, 2012
oh the IRONY!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by duen23(m): 11:03am On May 08, 2012
Also this: "I am in Makurdi State to commisserate with your First Lady and all the womens of Makurdi.I thank you for the warm reception you have given me in your state capital BENUE"-Dame Patience GEJ.
Re: Nigerian Leaders Responsible For Insecurity - Patience Jonathan by abokine: 11:06am On May 08, 2012
[size=8pt][/size][b][/b]What is our president doing at the moment? Imagine a first lady publicly accusing her husband of failing Nigerian. I'm beginning to believe that there is no hope for this county at all.
Just this morning i received a message from a friend in Kano, he told me that a time bomb has just been discovered in from of the faculty of law Bayero university Kano just when students are about to commence their lectures is the same University that was attacked some weeks back where professors and doctors were killed.
With the gravity of such incident one would have imagine how tight and secure the university should become yet our govt never seems to care if more professors,doctors and student are killed.
My question here is "do Nigeria really have a government"?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce / For The First Time I Agree With Buhari / Solomon Dalung: My Ministry Worked Better Than Others Under Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.