Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,247 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Indices Of A Loon. By Macaulay Oluseyi. Is This Poem Referring To Some People? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Indices Of A Loon. By Macaulay Oluseyi. Is This Poem Referring To Some People? (681 Views)

Please Who Has This Poem? Help Me Please!!!!!! Gbemisola Adeoti: Ambush / Lovers Of Literature. Do You Remember this Poem?:NIGHT FALL IN SOWETO / Macaulay Blues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Indices Of A Loon. By Macaulay Oluseyi. Is This Poem Referring To Some People? by Jettage: 9:32am On May 08, 2012
[b]G[/b]utless muffled monarch wooed millions to the poll,
[b]O[/b]ur feeble lord enforced on us by pathetic speech of poverty (I once had no shoes)
[b]O[/b]n congruent grounds of pain we forced him, though we hated his coterie.
[b]D[/b]isappointed, now we wail waiting surrogate to lead the mass to unending journey of relief
[b]L[/b]acklustre, jejune as pervading rot lingers
[b]U[/b]nvaried captain rocks our boat, gagged around by plunderers.
[b]C[/b]ircles of death, twinge, pauperdom and miseries mocks the reign of naivety.
[b]K[/b]leptocrat adorn himself in regalia loved the honour lacks duty

[b]E[/b]mbezzlers of collective trust bequeathed in hope,
[b]B[/b]andits as conniving ministers besmirched our obtuse scamp
[b]E[/b]gregious, craven, shrieked at the sound of war (I am not a lion)
[b]L[/b]aggard lumper loon left fanatical murderers at our doorsteps (a burden we must live with)
[b]E[/b]ncumbrances from his delinquent clan divide the love for mother land

[b]D[/b]amp squib’s duchess’s indecent tongue never feels a vestige of restraint
[b]A[/b]cademic “double misnomer” with licence to libel,
[b]M[/b]erriment and intrigue feigned as obligations,
[b]E[/b]dgy cumbrance though cluelessness forms amity.

[b] P[/b]unk pretending and purloining to private vaults
[b]A[/b]dventurous nerve for futile globetrot
[b]T[/b]witchy at the affairs of state, though Unemployed by sensible Poll
[b]I[/b]ntoxicated by serendipity, shaming all with activity
[b]E[/b]uphemistic drama Usurps Scrappy literacy on cultured observers
[b]C[/b]rude verbiages to amuse myriad of eggheads (my Fellow widows)
[b]E[/b]ncomium of Yesterday’s approval turned sour as our Tsar’s inept mode prevails

[b]J[/b]okers jostled in enthusiasm to rule, (politicking for 2015)
[b]O[/b]nslaught from “Boko-Haram” drove sleep from wearied countrymen
[b]N[/b]umbed as hoi polloi echoed NO to mistimed removal,
[b]A[/b]las, the fraud, rapscallion looted the poor to a blindfold
[b]T[/b]yranic manifestation cloaked in reticence busted on the streets with the troop
[b]H[/b]iggledy-piggledy bugled the travesty of Democracy
[b]A[/b]midst the rubble of a crumbling amalgam
[b]N[/b]igerian Lords watched the drama secured amongst 10.000 armed men inactive as we die

(1) (Reply)

Earnest Req - Pl. Review - Desert Thorn, Desert Rose. It Will Help Me A Long Way / Dealing With A Flirtatious Flirting Partner / 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Happy Creatures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.