Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

American Invitation Letter - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Invitation Letter (45489 Views)

For American Invitation Letter And Contact Also An Officer In The Embassy / How Much To Get A China Invitation Letter / Applying For A German Visa With An Invitation Letter, Opinion Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

American Invitation Letter by Isjaymoh(m): 3:29pm On May 08, 2012
Please! I need an advice, my cousin want to send me an invitation letter from the USA, but i don't know how the processing would be and what to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Invitation Letter by 19naia(m): 5:03am On May 17, 2012
contact USA embassy and fill out the required forms accurately and apply as geust who has invitation...That is the only way and the most direct way
Re: American Invitation Letter by Isjaymoh(m): 12:20pm On Jun 13, 2012
Am I gonna carry all the neccessary documents along Or go to the embassy as a guest without my documents?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Invitation Letter by blissbay(m): 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2012
When you received the Invitation letter. you will need to pay a certain fee in any gtb around U. the money is about 26k. its called MRV fee. after that, with the receipt you received from the bank and your valid intl passport, you will have to book an interview date with either Abuja or Lagos US Embassy. But let me ask you these. Have you arranged for the funding of your travelling?
Do you have a responsible job in the country here?
The sponsor is very important, or if you are sponsoring yourself, you must have something reasonable in your account and there are many other factors that must be considered which can enhance your chance of getting the Visa, like marriage, job, fund, etc.
Re: American Invitation Letter by Isjaymoh(m): 12:09am On Jun 15, 2012
blissbay: When you received the Invitation letter. you will need to pay a certain fee in any gtb around U. the money is about 26k. its called MRV fee. after that, with the receipt you received from the bank and your valid intl passport, you will have to book an interview date with either Abuja or Lagos US Embassy. But let me ask you these. Have you arranged for the funding of your travelling?
Do you have a responsible job in the country here?
The sponsor is very important, or if you are sponsoring yourself, you must have something reasonable in your account and there are many other factors that must be considered which can enhance your chance of getting the Visa, like marriage, job, fund, etc.
the person inviting me is the one that want to sponsor my trip. I don't have a responsible job cause am a student. What do u I can do, kindly help.
Re: American Invitation Letter by PatKing(f): 7:31am On Jun 15, 2012
Isjaymoh: the person inviting me is the one that want to sponsor my trip. I don't have a responsible job cause am a student. What do u I can do, kindly help.
If the person is your parent, immediate family member, that will be fine. You have a good chance of getting the visa. But your age must be less than 18. They hate to see mature men under the cover of sponsorship.
If you meet the above criteria (my opinion), then get a letter from your HOD to the embassy, attached with your Transcript, which must have good grades worthy of returning to the country for.
In summary documents may include: invitation latter, sponsors account statements, receipt of payment, invitation confirmation of appointment to the embassy, certificate of birth, ...
Most cases, they won't even look at the documents, your first 2 answers to their question will determine ur illegibility.
Those first questions are always: where in the USA are you visiting? What do you do for a living? Who is your sponsor? Your interview ends here!
Goodluck!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Invitation Letter by Isjaymoh(m): 9:16am On Jun 15, 2012
PatKing:
If the person is your parent, immediate family member, that will be fine. You have a good chance of getting the visa. But your age must be less than 18. They hate to see mature men under the cover of sponsorship.
If you meet the above criteria (my opinion), then get a letter from your HOD to the embassy, attached with your Transcript, which must have good grades worthy of returning to the country for.
In summary documents may include: invitation latter, sponsors account statements, receipt of payment, invitation confirmation of appointment to the embassy, certificate of birth, ...
Most cases, they won't even look at the documents, your first 2 answers to their question will determine ur illegibility.
Those first questions are always: where in the USA are you visiting? What do you do for a living? Who is your sponsor? Your interview ends here!
Goodluck!
The person is my intimate friend and am even older than 18.
Re: American Invitation Letter by PatKing(f): 8:38pm On Jun 15, 2012
^ in that case, am afraid, don't bother applying.
I stand to be corrected though...
Re: American Invitation Letter by Isjaymoh(m): 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2012
PatKing: ^ in that case, am afraid, don't bother applying.
I stand to be corrected though...
what do u think I can do to gain an American Visa.
Re: American Invitation Letter by umunnatim(m): 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2012
sorry i have a similar case,mine is that we met online and we re dating she has been to Nigeria before,she i sending me letter on invitation,what are my chances of getting a visa?my business in Nigeria is not registered,but i have good funds in my account.thanks for ur anticipated response.
Re: American Invitation Letter by PatKing(f): 2:56am On Jun 16, 2012
Isjaymoh: what do u think I can do to gain an American Visa.
Get a good job, have funds in your account, sponsor yourself.... Visa is yours.

1 Like

Re: American Invitation Letter by PatKing(f): 3:00am On Jun 16, 2012
umunnatim: sorry i have a similar case,mine is that we met online and we re dating she has been to Nigeria before,she i sending me letter on invitation,what are my chances of getting a visa?my business in Nigeria is not registered,but i have good funds in my account.thanks for ur anticipated response.
Get it registered. They will give you, as long as you remain honest about the relationship with evidence to proof.... Pictures.
Good luck.
Re: American Invitation Letter by zugoboss(m): 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2012
@ Patking. Thanks for ur reply, its really been helpful. Pls what are the best ways of moving to US, I'm a young fresh graduate & I've cousins that are citizens with same surname there & I can cover the expenses. Pls what are the processes involved
Re: American Invitation Letter by PatKing(f): 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2012
zugoboss: @ Patking. Thanks for ur reply, its really been helpful. Pls what are the best ways of moving to US, I'm a young fresh graduate & I've cousins that are citizens with same surname there & I can cover the expenses. Pls what are the processes involved
Let them invite you. But you must have a job before you attempt their visa interview... Cos you may be ask to justify your income.
relocating/moving? Not sure. Your cosins will advise you better.
Re: American Invitation Letter by ibrak200: 9:11pm On Jun 17, 2012
Please if i want to recieve an invitation letter from a friend where is he going to send it to ?
Please i need ur answers
Re: American Invitation Letter by zugoboss(m): 12:33am On Jun 18, 2012
@ Patking. Thanks very much. Bless u
Re: American Invitation Letter by Chiefigho: 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
I really like the concern and advice u guys has showed to the poster. But i have a little issue i need advice on. My elder sister wants to send me an invitation to France but i hav a job and i am currently earning 80k as salary but am not getting optimum satisfaction from the job becos of some certain issue... pls will it be wise to travel to France or stay back in Nigeria and manage my salary...pls i need your advice urgently. thanks
Re: American Invitation Letter by blissbay(m): 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
Isjaymoh: the person inviting me is the one that want to sponsor my trip. I don't have a responsible job cause am a student. What do u I can do, kindly help.
Bro, it will be a bit difficult oooo.Though, dnt like to discourage U.Its so evident that U dnt av any thing that can hold U back to Nigeria like tie. Student What is the relationship btw U and the person inviting you? Ur blood bro/Sis or ur parent with the same name??
All these must be put into consideration oo. Good luck
Re: American Invitation Letter by blissbay(m): 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
Chief igho: I really like the concern and advice u guys has showed to the poster. But i have a little issue i need advice on. My elder sister wants to send me an invitation to France but i hav a job and i am currently earning 80k as salary but am not getting optimum satisfaction from the job becos of some certain issue... pls will it be wise to travel to France or stay back in Nigeria and manage my salary...pls i need your advice urgently. thanks
Dont really know much about France but since the invitee is ur Sister, she must have plan for you there in France. Another thing is that with the above mentioned salary, can you fund your trip or is she going to be responsible for that? My little advice, the Salary is not bad, though U av issue with the place, U can as well be in the look out for better one as well as praying for God leading as regards the France one. please dnt leave the Job yet ooo, until U av substantial thing at hand. Bless U
Re: American Invitation Letter by blissbay(m): 10:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
umunnatim: sorry i have a similar case,mine is that we met online and we re dating she has been to Nigeria before,she i sending me letter on invitation,what are my chances of getting a visa?my business in Nigeria is not registered,but i have good funds in my account.thanks for ur anticipated response.
Get your company registered as advised by patking. Fund your Account with reasonable amount but doint do it prior or too close to the date of Interview. This is one of the reasons people are deny visa. You should at least allow the money transaction to be reasonable and mature for six good month. Be very sincere with your back up documents and prove to them with ur action and response you cant leave your company for so long time. in ur DS-160 form, dont ask more that necessary period to be in US. U can just tell them you are staying for 8 days or a week, if you say too long period, they will deny you bcs U will seems not serious with your business.If you have a responsible business in Nigeria, you will not go and sit down resting in US.
Re: American Invitation Letter by blissbay(m): 10:54pm On Jun 18, 2012
ibrak200: Please if i want to recieve an invitation letter from a friend where is he going to send it to ?
Please i need ur answers
What do you mean who he will send it to Are U not the one they are inviting He should send the letter to U na
Re: American Invitation Letter by Isjaymoh(m): 7:19am On Jun 19, 2012
blissbay:
Bro, it will be a bit difficult oooo.Though, dnt like to discourage U.Its so evident that U dnt av any thing that can hold U back to Nigeria like tie. Student What is the relationship btw U and the person inviting you? Ur blood bro/Sis or ur parent with the same name??
All these must be put into consideration oo. Good luck
They are like family friends and different surname.
Re: American Invitation Letter by umunnatim(m): 8:35pm On Jun 20, 2012
Thanks very much for your response.
Re: American Invitation Letter by Isjaymoh(m): 7:20am On Aug 23, 2012
Good day people, am really in needs of your advice and kindly tell me what steps to take. Well, there's a girl I met on the internet, we have been dating each otherfor a long time, she's an American and she wanted me to come to the state to live there with her, she promise to send me an invitation letter and some other documents. Pls, advice me, which type of visa am I gonna apply for? Would immigration officer accept her to be my sponsorer and to take care of my accomodation? Thanks.
Re: American Invitation Letter by grock1(m): 9:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
Pls i will like to know what i need b4 i can apply for a usa visa. I have my elder blood brother in d U.S who is now a citizen. He promised to send an invitation letter. What are my chances of getting a visa? I av a virgin passport.
Re: American Invitation Letter by galaralls345: 12:44am On Mar 15, 2013
Ok a friend want me to send him a invitation to Nigeria to come to Florida how do I send it im ?
Re: American Invitation Letter by justwise(m): 7:02am On Mar 15, 2013

(1)

A Car Crashes Into Jabi Lake In Abuja (video) / Young Lady Dies In Accident In Enugu. Do You Know Her? (Photos) / Onikan, Lagos Is The 3rd Coolest Neighborhood In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.