Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? (4407 Views)

Contacts Of Nollywood Cast(actors/actresses) And Crew / Are You Interested In Acting,modelling,advertising And Dancing? / Anyone Knows Advertising Costs On Nigerian Tv Stations And Radio Jingles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by idupaul: 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2007
who knows any one really into the naija advertising and PR industry,
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by Greycells(m): 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2007
Me, I and me  grin , check my profile, my email address is there, send me an email as per ur enquiries or needs
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by finekid(m): 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2007
. . . sorry ain't got the faintest idea grin
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by viceb: 9:54am On Nov 14, 2007
I am into PR man. U can contact me on yahoo messenger so i give u my number. My office is at CMS.
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by Jummy4real(f): 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2007
@idupaul
What exactly do u want so that i will know what to do?  I work in one of the leading ad agencies
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by ndubest(m): 1:23pm On Nov 14, 2007
I HOPE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING INTO?
PR sounds so sweet but surely there is more to it that meets the eye
do you have the mind for it
dont thinks its just smiling with an open teeth
i wish you well but look before you leap
AMERICANS PREFER TO GIVE IT A BETTER NAME "LOBBYING" so that you know what you are going into
but here its something else with the BEAUTIFUL NAME "PR"
good luck man
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by biggerboy(m): 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2007
ndubest:

I HOPE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING INTO?
PR sounds so sweet but surely there is more to it that meets the eye
do you have the mind for it
don't thinks its just smiling with an open teeth
i wish you well but look before you leap
AMERICANS PREFER TO GIVE IT A BETTER NAME "LOBBYING" so that you know what you are going into
but here its something else with the BEAUTIFUL NAME "PR"
good luck man

Thats a misrepresentation?How can you equate PR with lobbying?Am sure you are not a practitioner
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by junegirl(f): 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2007
@jummy4real
could u pls tell me of any good training courses/programmes in copywriting that u know of?
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by Greycells(m): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2007
@biggerboy

u are right, he is not one
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by Idagu(m): 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2007
@ndubest
I think you need enlightenment on what PR is all about. Its not only smiling and opening of teeth as you think of it. It is all about Image making and reputation management [i][/i]of a company.

There is no professional that can do without it.
Is it a Doctor
Lawyer
Business Man
Market women
or even you

I advise you go for a course in it, and you will Know what it is all about.
Cheers
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by iyeyemi: 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2007
jummy, hello.

was wondering how you can help me out. i am interested in going into copywriting and i just need access to like write a test or something.

would really appreciate any help you can render in this regard
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by diyobdw(f): 11:09am On Nov 15, 2007
but an sure int involve in APCON'S curriculum/lectures( see their site- http://www.apcon.gov.ng/forms.html#student)

though i would like to know if there is any other proper training on copy writing too!

undecidedany help?
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by Ryann(f): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2007
hi, I know of Rosabel Leo Bunnett in Lagos, Insight as well, u can contact me with this mail add - femidboi@fastermail.com, will give you detailed info.
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by ndubest(m): 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2007
@idagu
I wouldnt mind if you enlighten me on what you do in PR apart from meeting people and convincing them or selling your ideas to them in order to improve the cooperate and over all financial image of your institution or your brand

what else is PR?

sure am not a practioner

but may be you need to read about what happens in capitol hill to understand what am talking about

you know here people see lobbying as a negative thing as they equate it to bribery (which is not the case)

think broader than the nigerian context if you are in PR and you hope to someday make it BIG TIME

when bills are passed in US congress or senate, what do you think happen over there?

except if you are seeing PR in a small persepective of only cooperate "image washing" and forget about what follows after the washing

Good luck practioners but better explain to your apprentice the whole details start to finish even if it is the responsibilty of another person to play the other part of the game.
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by topdogg(m): 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2007
hey pals.how y,all doin?pls i was hoping anyone knew where to go to get photography training.i mean in nigeria.pls i need it fast.its really slowing me down.thanks reply
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by Jummy4real(f): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2007
@junegirl, @iyeyemi

You can attend Advertising Practitioners’ Council of Nigeria (APCON) for copy writing training.  Download their form here http://www.apcon.gov.ng/forms.html

You can also talk to Paul Ugoagwu.  He’s a copywriting guru in one of the leading agencies, he’s the head of Creative Department.  Not only that he’s their copy writing lecturer in APCON.  He’s also one of the columnists in the sun newspaper he writes on advertising every Thursdays. Check today’s Sun Newspaper or open this site http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/columnists/commercialbreak/home.htm. His email address is ugoagwupaul@yahoo.com.

Good luck.
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by junegirl(f): 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2007
@jummy
Thanks a million!!!!
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by iyeyemi: 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2007
Jummy thank you so much really appreciate the info. God bless you real good.

Composing my mail to paul right now and am checking the apcon site. Thanks again.
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by junegirl(f): 10:24am On Nov 16, 2007
Jummy, I've checked the the APCON site, I didn't see a breakdown of the courses they have in order to know which one suits my need most. I forgot to tell you that I work outside Lagos, how's that gonna sync?
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by onyx79(m): 11:17am On Nov 16, 2007
In nigeria,what does the career pathway of an intending PR practitioner look like? How relevant is NIPR? Someone please shed some more light please,
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by yicob(m): 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2007
thanks for always being there jummy.

am presently taking a course in copywriting and i will soon be through with it.

please can you tell me my prospects in the Nigerian market and also how to get connected for a good work.
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by junegirl(f): 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2007
yicob, pls where r u taking ur copywriting course?
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by lawyerchap(m): 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2007
Hi all,
I am a copywriter and i work with one of Nigeria's biggest advertising agencies. Those interested in Copywriting, you can get a wonderful experience on creative writing for the advertising industry at a school called The Orange Academy. They have produced many great young copywriters who are always snapped up by ad agencies immediately they graduate. My agency currently has five graduates of Orange Academy in its employment, and i tell you, they are hot. You can visit their site for more information. www.orangeacademy.net
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by junegirl(f): 8:44pm On Nov 16, 2007
@lawyerchap
for you to know I've really been searching, I've already gotten in touch with Orange, spoke to a chap named Stanley. Their next course is not till February and I understand it's a six week course. Perfect, çept that it's in Lagos and I don't live in Lagos. other ideas Lawyer, pleassse?
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by yicob(m): 1:54pm On Nov 19, 2007
please whatsup with orange,

how much is their school fees?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by diyobdw(f): 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2007
hey jummy well said ! i am sure u know me wink
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by lawyerchap(m): 9:11am On Nov 20, 2007
topdogg:

hey pals.how y,all doin?please i was hoping anyone knew where to go to get photography training.i mean in nigeria.please i need it fast.its really slowing me down.thanks reply

@Topdogg
You can get photography training at EPSON 50/51 Bode Thomas Road, before Downtown Salon, Surulere.

yicob:

please whatsup with orange,
how much is their school fees?

@Yicob
Orange Academy's school fees are thirty thousand Naira. Money very well spent, i might add.

junegirl:

@lawyerchap
for you to know I've really been searching, I've already gotten in touch with Orange, spoke to a chap named Stanley. Their next course is not till February and I understand it's a six week course. Perfect, çept that it's in Lagos and I don't live in Lagos. other ideas Lawyer, pleassse?

@Junegirl
I don't know what you do but if you can take out 6 weeks and come to lagos for the course, you will definitely not regret it. I guarantee that if you have even the slightest bit of creativity in your body, you will be snapped up by an ad agency once you graduate. Think about it. Outside that, i'm all out of ideas on how you can get tht training in Abuja.
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by diyobdw(f): 9:26am On Nov 20, 2007
am kind of interested in orange academy but any alumni or fact about the experience would help pls
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by yicob(m): 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2007
are there HRs from agencies available to pick one up upon graduation? And will a certificate be issued?
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by junegirl(f): 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2007
thanks lawyerchap. Seems Orange Academy's willing to come to Abuja, so everyone living in Abuja and environs be on the look out
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by lawyerchap(m): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2007
yicob:

are there HRs from agencies available to pick one up upon graduation? And will a certificate be issued?

@Yicob
At the graduation ceremony there is an exhibition of the advertising created by the students and there is always a crowd of agency people looking for bright new talent to recruit. And yes, a certificate will be issued.

junegirl:

thanks lawyerchap. Seems Orange Academy's willing to come to Abuja, so everyone living in Abuja and environs be on the look out

@Junegirl
Bravo, that's great news.
Re: Nigerian Advertising And PR Industry Contacts? by Gbemyte(f): 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2007
am a stundent member of Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria(APCON) wat exactly do u want?

(1) (2) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD: Pansaga - Latest 2018 Yoruba Movie | Cossy Orjiakor / Annie Macaulay’s Uncensored Bed Room Scene In ‘irresistible Urge’ / Good, Bad, And Ugly Nigerian Adverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.