Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

How Do I Create Autorun For The Cd On My Work Samples - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Do I Create Autorun For The Cd On My Work Samples (1351 Views)

Pls Access My Work / Graphic Works From My Work Collections... (see More, Learn More) / 3ds Max Samples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Create Autorun For The Cd On My Work Samples by Demsy(m): 3:09am On Nov 14, 2007
Hey friends
I need your professional advice.

I am into web designs. I like to have my web designs sample packaged on a CD. What I intend to do is to have the CD autorun when inserted into the computer. There is going to be a master home page where you can link all the sites in it.
I like to have the master home page to open as autorun when the CD is inserted into the system. How do I go about this?
Re: How Do I Create Autorun For The Cd On My Work Samples by Neptune(m): 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2007
When you insert a CD into the computer, Windows looks if AUTORUN.INF file is located in the root folder of a CD. If AUTORUN.INF is found, then Windows follows the instructions in this file to run a program. If you want your program, document, presentation or web page to be open, once a CD is inserted, then you need to create AUTORUN.INF file or download a software that does it here>> http://www.autoruntools.com/express/

if u want to know more about the autorun.inf file let me know. but the wizard does it too.
Re: How Do I Create Autorun For The Cd On My Work Samples by tomX1(m): 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2007
Create a text file with note pad (or any text editor you prefer). Save the file as "AUTORUN.INF" then type in the following code.

assuming your home page is "index.html" and it is found in the root of your cd i.e. it is not in a folder. And assuming also that you have an icon you will like to be displayed as the cd icon and lets call this icon "myIcon.ico" then your code will look like this:-

[AUTORUN]
open=index.html
icon=myIcon.ico

(1) (Reply)

Hello Nairaland Artist / HOT SALES FROM INTERALIA LTD!!!!!!!!!!! / Wedding Photography Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.