Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,378 members, 7,861,046 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:02 PM

Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian (39757 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / What If Obama Is The Anti-Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:10am On May 27, 2012
Martian:

The guy probably has mental problems. grin

Really?

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 10:04am On May 27, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Really?

Lol, I'm a creationist too. THE FORCE of TEEGACK said," let there be light" and the moon appeared, then the stars and then the earth started spinning.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On May 27, 2012
Martian:

Lol, I'm a creationist too. THE FORCE of TEEGACK said," let there be light" and the moon appeared, then the stars and then the earth started spinning.

If you are to jump ship you better jump into the life boat of Jesus who can ferry you to safety.

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 27, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
If you are to jump ship you better jump into the life boat of Jesus who can ferry you to safety.

first of all, that little white boat is too small and the passenger make up is wrong.
The ship should be bigger and only the white people should be on top, the black guy should be in the cargo. That's how it happened in real life. Then it would be f#cking hilarious.

In 1564, Queen Elizabeth I partnered with him by renting him the huge old 700-ton ship Jesus of Lubeck on which he set forth on a more extensive voyage, along with three small ships. Hawkins sailed to Borburata, privateering along the way. By the time he reached Borburata, he had captured around 400 Africans. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:45pm On May 27, 2012
Martian:

first of all, that little white boat is too small and the passenger make up is wrong.
The ship should be bigger and only the white people should be on top, the black guy should be in the cargo. That's how it happened in real life. Then it would be f#cking hilarious.

In 1564, Queen Elizabeth I partnered with him by renting him the huge old 700-ton ship Jesus of Lubeck on which he set forth on a more extensive voyage, along with three small ships. Hawkins sailed to Borburata, privateering along the way. By the time he reached Borburata, he had captured around 400 Africans. [color=#990000][/color]

Don't be a kluzdt. Are you saying that if you fall into the deep blue sea and a rope is thrown at you so as to pull you to safety since you can't swim, will you begin to question what colour the rope is?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 27, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Don't be a kluzdt. Are you saying that if you fall into the deep blue sea and a rope is thrown at you so as to pull you to safety since you can't swim, will you begin to question what colour the rope is?

At least try to make sense.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:20pm On May 27, 2012
Martian:

At least try to make sense.

Let me try again. Why question the colour of the rope that is meant to pull you to safety? Does that now make common sense? Would you rather sink than grab a black/brown rope?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 27, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Let me try again. Why question the colour of the rope that is meant to pull you to safety? Does that now make common sense? Would you rather sink than grab a black/brown rope?

lol, I don't recall questioning the color of any rope or acknowledge being in "the deep blue sea", so I don't know why you're blabbering about black/brown rope.

I said, the little boat in your ret@rded cartoon should be a ship named "Jesus of Lubeck" and the black guy should be in the Cargo of the ship with people like you. You know, like the Trans Atlantic slave trade when jesus came to africa in the form of a slaveship.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:18pm On May 27, 2012
Martian:

lol, I don't recall questioning the color of any rope or acknowledge being in "the deep blue sea", so I don't know why you're blabbering about black/brown rope.

I said, the little boat in your ret@rded cartoon should be a ship named "Jesus of Lubeck" and the black guy should be in the Cargo of the ship with people like you. You know, like the Trans Atlantic slave trade when jesus came to africa in the form of a slaveship.

You mean the white cargo that shipped you to Ame?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 27, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
You mean the white cargo that shipped you to Ame?

lol, really? Only if a white cargo ship shipped you to England.
But you still can't deny that when jesus came to africa, he came in the form of a slave ship.........instead of coming out of a v@gina.
He had miraculously turned into a ship called, Jesus of Lubeck from a magic godman called Jesus of nazareth.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On May 27, 2012
Martian:

lol, really? Only if a white cargo ship shipped you to England.
But you still can't deny that when jesus came to africa, he came in the form of a slave ship.........instead of coming out of a v@gina.
He had miraculously turned into a ship called, Jesus of Lubeck from a magic godman called Jesus of nazareth.

No. It's a black submarine. You better make up ya mind so as not to miss the ride like that drowning man down below.

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 27, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
No. It's a brown submarine. You better make up ya mind so as not to miss the ride like that sinking man down below.

yeah, brown submarine. why don't you post some more Obama videos so we can get this thing rolling in the right direction. We've done National Day of Prayer, separation of church and state and Planned Parenthood. What's next genius?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:58pm On May 27, 2012
Martian:

yeah, brown submarine. why don't you post some more Obama videos so we can get this thing rolling in the right direction. We've done National Day of Prayer, separation of church and state and Planned Parenthood. What's next genius?

You are a little bit slow in quoting me 'cos I've already edited my post before you posted.

As you were. See how this Jewish man undid what damage the Darwinists, evolutionists, eugenics and the Nazis did to your people within 30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y2KsU_dhwI
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by NigerianPatriot(m): 5:45pm On May 27, 2012
As far as I am concerned, Barack Obama is an exemplary Christian. He is not perfect but who is ?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:28pm On May 27, 2012
NigerianPatriot:

As far as I am concerned, Barack Obama is an exemplary Christian. He is not perfect but who is ?

Here is a shorter version of how a Pro-Choice made a 180 degree turn to become a Pro-Life believer in record time. If she can change you can do better than that. Obama has still got a long way to go on this so called "Christian journey", don't you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7L75krgvEw
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Enigma(m): 7:10am On May 28, 2012
Something I had wanted to put up for the benefit of my student here but couldn't be bothered previously. smiley

Scenario A

Teacher: It is a legal requirement to swear an oath if appearing as a witness in court.
Student: No, it is not.
Teacher: Why do you say that?
Student: Because some people can choose to make an affirmation instead.
Teacher: Sigh!

Scenario B

Teacher: It is a legal requirement that graduates in Nigeria undergo the NYSC.
Student: Because some people are exempt from NYSC
Teacher: facepalm!!!

Of course a better student would also have heard of the saying concerning the exception proving the rule! smiley

cool
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 2:54pm On May 28, 2012
Enigma: Something I had wanted to put up for the benefit of my student here but couldn't be bothered previously. smiley

I wonder who will be teaching who because what you've said below doesn't help you. Instead, it shows a failure of understanding several things that I'll explain to you since I'm a generous teacher.

Enigma:
Scenario A

Teacher: It is a legal requirement to swear an oath if appearing as a witness in court.
Student: Because some people can choose to make an affirmation instead.
Teacher: Sigh!

This has no bearing on anything that we were talking about. Recall that the discussion was on the use of the phrase "so help me God" for some reason, you seem to have forgotten this.
Also, an affirmation is synonymous with an oath. They have an equal validity so the legal requirement is for an oath or an affirmation. (Please follow the links for further education).

Enigma:
Scenario B

Teacher: It is a legal requirement that graduates in Nigeria undergo the NYSC.
Student: Because some people are exempt from NYSC
Teacher: facepalm!!!

Of course a better student would also have heard of the saying concerning the exception proving the rule! smiley

cool

What does the above have to do with our previous discussion? Or are you now content with presenting straw-man arguments? You really need to put some effort into understanding what has already been said and based on this, I think one can say that you're not qualified to teach anyone on this issue.
In the words of a wise man "teacher don't teach me nonsense".
I now hope you're humble enough to make the necessary corrections when you errors have been clearly pointed out.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by DeepSight(m): 3:56pm On May 28, 2012
^^^ Its very simple. The existence of exemptions do not obviate the existence of rules - from which such exemptions derive.

If there were no rules, there would be no exemptions.

As such, the exemptions themselves are evidence that there was in the first place a rule to be exempted from.

I make this statement based on the posts above. It is a rational reaction based on the premises above and not representative of my view on the church/ state issue.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On May 28, 2012
Obama and his supporters believe that babies are a punishment to the mothers who don't want them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTB1-TtwWdQ

"Barack Obama doesn't want people who "make a mistake" to be "punished with a baby." And that is what over 90% of all abortions are all about. Do you think this is right?"

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 7:25pm On May 28, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Obama and his supporters believe that babies are a punishment to the mothers who don't want them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTB1-TtwWdQ

"Barack Obama doesn't want people who "make a mistake" to be "punished with a baby." And that is what over 90% of all abortions are all about. Do you think this is right?"

I know hundreds of Christians who have had abortions.
And I know several who have daughters with a priest or pastor.
That does not prove anything.
Obama declared himself a Christian and it is.
A Christian who supports abortion, the systematic torture of Islamists in Guantanamo, the rape of men, women and children in Iraq, bombing to civilians, inequality of blacks in the U.S. and the death of hungry African children.
Obama is Christian!
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 7:29pm On May 28, 2012
Deep Sight:
^^^ Its very simple. The existence of exemptions do not obviate the existence of rules - from which such exemptions derive.

If there were no rules, there would be no exemptions.

As such, the exemptions themselves are evidence that there was in the first place a rule to be exempted from.

I make this statement based on the posts above. It is a rational reaction based on the premises above and not representative of my view on the church/ state issue.

Which is why I said that post on exemptions and rules is simply a straw man.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On May 29, 2012
Ptolomeus:

I know hundreds of Christians who have had abortions.
And I know several who have daughters with a priest or pastor.
That does not prove anything.
Obama declared himself a Christian and it is.
A Christian who supports abortion, the systematic torture of Islamists in Guantanamo, the rape of men, women and children in Iraq, bombing to civilians, inequality of blacks in the U.S. and the death of hungry African children.
Obama is Christian!

You still haven't learnt what it takes to be a Christian. Obama say that he goes to church and that, he believes, makes him a Christian. The fact that a person was born in a bakery doesn't make him a loaf of bread and Obama wasn't even born in a bakery, he only goes there for window shopping.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16am On May 29, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ0bJxP2jdI

See what the investigation carried out on Planned Parenthood found out in this News broadcast.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38am On May 29, 2012
Planned Parenthood investigated for its racist motives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UHeCOeoC_s

This is what they don't want you to know about. The investigation on Planned Parenthood accepting donations for racist purposes,
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:54pm On May 29, 2012
lThis is the person that Obama and Hillary Clinton are hailing as their heroine, that she was progressive as they were. Watch this broadcast to find out what exactly this Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood was up to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYbUcpV36Ag
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 6:31pm On May 29, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You still haven't learnt what it takes to be a Christian. Obama say that he goes to church and that, he believes, makes him a Christian. The fact that a person was born in a bakery doesn't make him a loaf of bread and Obama wasn't even born in a bakery, he only goes there for window shopping.
Whoever is born in a bakery, is not a baker. All right!
But I do not think that is the right example.
We forget that Obama, the priests of the church expelled him, on the contrary ... to receive him as a bulwark! I insist, Obama says he is Christian pastors love it!
Understand what I'm telling you dear friend!
I do not defend Obama, by contrast, I've talked about Guantanamo, Iraq, Cuba ... I did not appreciate him as a person, but how deny his Christian character? He says so, and Christian pastors embrace and kiss him!
What we need then? A sworn declaration of Jesus Christ?
We are NOT discussing whether Obama is a Christian ...
We discuss whether Obama is a Christian, and nobody can doubt.

Let's see. A bad player in a football team, that player is considered never to play, his place is on the bench forever. It's a bad player. But integrating the campus! No one can deny that he is a footballer. Although he is lousy.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 29, 2012
Everyone is a Christian nowadays, very soon the devil will be called a Christian simply because he goes to church and carries a bible grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09pm On May 29, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Whoever is born in a bakery, is not a baker. All right!

Yes, and even if you are born in a garage does not automatically turn you into a car. The fact that your name is John, Matthew, Mark, Luke or Paul does not mean that you are a Christian.

Ptolomeus:

But I do not think that is the right example.
We forget that Obama, the priests of the church expelled him, on the contrary ... to receive him as a bulwark! I insist, Obama says he is Christian pastors love it!
Understand what I'm telling you dear friend!
I do not defend Obama, by contrast, I've talked about Guantanamo, Iraq, Cuba ... I did not appreciate him as a person, but how deny his Christian character? He says so, and Christian pastors embrace and kiss him!

The fact that Obama claimed to be a Christian doesn't even mean you are one especially if your works, policies and speeches are not congruent or consistent with your profession.

Ptolomeus:

What we need then? A sworn declaration of Jesus Christ?
We are NOT discussing whether Obama is a Christian ...
We discuss whether Obama is a Christian, and nobody can doubt.

Let's see. A bad player in a football team, that player is considered never to play, his place is on the bench forever. It's a bad player. But integrating the campus! No one can deny that he is a footballer. Although he is lousy.

What you need is a new life in Christ and not just a label. You need to live the life, light and love of Christ as is revealed in the New Testament.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a new creature, old things are passed away; behold all things are become new" (2 Cor. 5:17).
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:01pm On May 30, 2012
Hereby Know
May 30, 2012

"Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit" (1 John 4:13)

It is surprising to note that this phrase "hereby know" occurs eight times in the little epistle of 1 John. Each of these listed below is given as a means of both testing the genuineness of our professed faith in Christ and then of giving assurance and comfort to the true believer.

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments" (1 John 2:3).

"But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him" (1 John 2:5).

"Hereby perceive |same Greek word as 'know'| we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren" (1 John 3:16).

"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him" (1 John 3:18-19).

"And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us" (1 John 3:24).

"Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God" (1 John 4:2).

"We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error" (1 John 4:6).

The eighth and last such reference is our text for the day. Note that the common thread running through all is the importance of the indwelling Spirit of truth, leading those who know the Lord into lives of doctrinal purity, obedience to God's Word, and love toward the brethren. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 12:21pm On May 30, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

We asked you earlier what the criteria for being a christian is. You said something about biblical faith. We then pointed out that the bible is a product of christianity and not the other way around. Christianity had been bubbling along heartily before the bible came along. I don't think that you've addressed that properly yet.

OLAADEGBU:

The fact that Obama claimed to be a Christian doesn't even mean you are one especially if your works, policies and speeches are not congruent or consistent with your profession.

What you need is a new life in Christ and not just a label. You need to live the life, light and love of Christ as is revealed in the New Testament.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a new creature, old things are passed away; behold all things are become new" (2 Cor. 5:17).

If the above is true then who is a real christian? Has there ever been a real christian? I totally agree that works must follow faith, but how many of us have works to match our profession of faith.
Perhaps if you cannot draw us a criteria for what a true christian is then you can point out an example of a true christian for us to consider.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:30pm On May 30, 2012
Pastor AIO:

We asked you earlier what the criteria for being a christian is. You said something about biblical faith. We then pointed out that the bible is a product of christianity and not the other way around. Christianity had been bubbling along heartily before the bible came along. I don't think that you've addressed that properly yet.

I cited a new life in Christ makes you a Christian, and I remember asking you what was the thread of continuity in the Bible, you are yet to get back to me.

Pastor AIO:

If the above is true then who is a real christian? Has there ever been a real christian? I totally agree that works must follow faith, but how many of us have works to match our profession of faith.

A real Christian is a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. You can read up on the lives of the disciples of Christ to see what they believed and practised. You will see that it is by grace that we have been saved through faith and that is not of ourselves, it is the gift of God, not of our works lest any of us should have anything to boast about. For their is nothing we can do to that will make us earn eternal life. It is not even faith by itself that saves us, faith is just the medium by which God extends His grace to us.

Pastor AIO:

Perhaps if you cannot draw us a criteria for what a true christian is then you can point out an example of a true christian for us to consider.

Our Lord Jesus Christ is the perfect model for who a true Christian should be. Simples wink
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 2:43pm On May 30, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

A real Christian is a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. You can read up on the lives of the disciples of Christ to see what they believed and practised. You will see that it is by grace that we have been saved through faith and that is not of ourselves, it is the gift of God, not of our works lest any of us should have anything to boast about. For their is nothing we can do to that will make us earn eternal life. It is not even faith by itself that saves us, faith is just the medium by which God extends His grace to us.

Yet you would deny Obama this grace demanding that his status must be determined 'of himself'.

OLAADEGBU:

I cited a new life in Christ makes you a Christian, and I remember asking you what was the thread of continuity in the Bible, you are yet to get back to me.

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you, as you well know I got distracted with matters concerning the first amendment of the US constitution cheesy I don't quite understand what you mean by 'the thread of continuity in the Bible'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers / Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses / Businesswoman Loses N97million, House, Searching For Rev Father Mbaka.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.