Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Best PHP Framework For Application Development? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best PHP Framework For Application Development? (8280 Views)

10 Best PHP Frameworks All PHP Developers Should Check Out / Which Php Framework Will You Recomend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by craziest: 2:01pm On May 16, 2013
webguru: CodeIgniter... Rocks. You will never walk alone. awesome support

funny..One of the main developers and protagonist of codeigniter, PHIL, has moved over to laravel.

For me, any of these should suffice:
1. Laravel 4
2. Zend 2
3. FuelPHP.....

1 Like

Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by bigdot1759(m): 3:20pm On May 16, 2013
Timileyin: What PHP Framework do you think is best for application development?
please where can i download this app.?
Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by madelinekim(m): 11:32am On May 21, 2013
PHP is one of the best open source CMS to develop dynamic website application. There are lots of PHP frameworks are available on the web, but the best is CakePHP. I also used this framework for developing valuable websites.
Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by xcelmind(m): 4:41pm On May 21, 2013
madelinekim: PHP is one of the best open source CMS to develop dynamic website application. There are lots of PHP frameworks are available on the web, but the best is CakePHP. I also used this framework for developing valuable websites.

PHP is not a CMS.

1 Like

Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 21, 2013
craziest:

funny..One of the main developers and protagonist of codeigniter, PHIL, has moved over to laravel.

1. Laravel 4
2. Zend 2
3. FuelPHP.....

Over-Engineering and too complicated,only recommend that for Large scale applications
Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 22, 2013
--
Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by madelinekim(m): 6:07am On May 24, 2013
Obviously it is CakePHP. It is the best PHP framework which you can use to develop dynamic website applications. PHP is a popular scripting language you can easily learn about its framework and tools.
Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by Nobody: 10:48am On May 24, 2013
madelinekim: Obviously it is CakePHP. It is the best PHP framework which you can use to develop dynamic website applications. PHP is a popular scripting language you can easily learn about its framework and tools.
fire too many Conventions am being forced to learn,it is Yii for me anyday Zend is too complex, wtahc out for Yii2 it's looking crazy

1 Like

Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by Nobody: 11:31am On May 24, 2013
--
Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by xcelmind(m): 3:30pm On May 25, 2013
With love from Nigeria, let me introduce a framework and cms called LinkoPlatform
LinkoPlatform is a PHP5.3 based HMVC application framework & CMS that enables quick development of any web application using a modular structure. The system has been built in such a way that each modules are highly decoupled but can interact with each other using a hook API.

Download it and test here http://linkodev.com/download

You can reply to thread If you are interested in collaborating.
Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by xcelmind(m): 6:28pm On May 29, 2013
What is up with us in this section. I posted a link to download free a PHP5.3 HMVC Framework + CMS on this page, and it was deleted by admin or moderator. I thought places like this is for us to support local innovation, rather i see a lot of competitive spirit around here. We are here celebrating other frameworks. Here is one developed by one of us, and it was hidden or deleted by moderator.

Guys com'on. Let's move beyond this and together build a great future.
Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by guru01(m): 7:51am On May 30, 2013
I will try out Codeigniter and Symfony.
Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by ebukaezeh(m): 4:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
madelinekim: PHP is one of the best open source CMS to develop dynamic website application. There are lots of PHP frameworks are available on the web, but the best is CakePHP. I also used this framework for developing valuable websites.
PHP is nt a cms(content management software/system e.g wordpress,drupal e.t.c), its a structured web framework (or a web programming language).
Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by bb6xt(m): 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2013
CODE-EATER:
The moment i saw yii and d fact dat sum1 said "its tied to jquery" i grin ,cuz am a jquery socerer,self trained,and although i find wrkin wit framwrks borin,am willin to tryout dis "yii" dude,hpe its wrth it...
If you ever want to start playing in the big league building enterprise apps that are maintenable you better ditch that spaghetti mentality and pick a framework or even build yours! You think it is "badass" to not use frameworks but it only shows how limited your knowledge is. Frameworks impose structure and best practice in software development. No beef intended, just some hard truths.
Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by Therages: 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: Best PHP Framework For Application Development? by solidstunna101(m): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2013
craziest:

1. Laravel 4
2. Zend 2
3. FuelPHP.....

Heres my take on the this topic if youre new to the concept MVC Application development, i wont lie to you the easiest PHP framework to grasp is CODEIGNITER, it has very good documentation compared to the other frameworks, it has an active forum, it has an active irc chatroom(#codeigniter) with like-minded programmers who can help you solve ur problems out there. once you've learnt the ins & outs of codeigniter, then you can move on to other slightly more advanced frameworks like LARAVEL4(which in my opinion is very best PHP framework of 2013)

Zend has too much is big learning curve(although zend is the recommended framework for enterprise-level applications) watever functionality you implement in zend, you can also achieve in laravel as well.

other good frameworks would be Fuelphp, Symfony, Cakephp.

but if you want my opinion, if youre learn PHP MVC Frameworks for the first time learn Codeigniter
if you need help i can give you links to tutorials that will get you up & running grin grin.

i've done all sorts of example scripts on codeigniter which you can see on my github profile https://github.com/tsola2002/ci_demo/tree/cms_app

(1) (2) (Reply)

NCC Uncovers Cyber Threats To Windows Platforms, Routers / I Want To Develop Mobile Applications / I Want To Learn Programming, Where Do I Start From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.