Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad (3488 Views)

Drop Ur Bb Pin You Might Just Be Lucky To Meet Your Life Partner / Would Love To Meet Some Realy Nice Person Here As A New Member / Warri Dis Na We Corner Get 2 Meet Some One From Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad by mruknaijaboy(m): 2:43am On May 12, 2012
yo whats gd everyone, im a uk nigerian male who lived in london all my life, I would like to get to know some of my fellow naijas living in naija currently or lived in naija so I can get in touch more with my culture as I dont know anyone from nigeria and I only know english born nigerians,

im half igala and urhobo so if anyone who speak any those languages hollar at me aswell coz im tryna learn dem but I havent got anyon e to flow it with, im tryna learn how to speak pidgin better but like with the langugages aint got no1 to flow with coz english born nigerians are useless with it lol, ull be suprised that the majority of english born nigerians in the uk can speak or understand jamaican patois but can not speak pidgin or even understand it well, i think that is due to jamaicans being immigrants in this country first and their heavy influence in the uk which alot of the patois words and slang are part of the London slang so it easier for carribean people born in the uk to be more in touch with their roots than africans because their culture is around them daily,

but yeh naija girls and women hollar at me on skype so we can chat, and naija guys hollar at me on skype too but im not gay though so gay guys stay away, no disrespect but i just had to make that clear just incase some guys are thinking i mean to hollar at me on skype in that kinda way lol jus wana know some of ma fellow people, my skype address is veenosey1 and im not on bb i got an iphone incase anyone asks me for my bb
Re: UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad by payjoey(m): 7:03pm On May 12, 2012
drop you bb,i have a friend in naija i can hook up....no games brah cos she's my friend and i stay in the uk too
cheers
Re: UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad by mruknaijaboy(m): 11:46pm On May 12, 2012
i aint on bb bro, I have instagram for my iphone but i dont even use it, I mainly use skype and i have whatsapp but dont think its wise to give my number on here, tell ur friend to hollar at me on skype, my skype id is on the message above this one bro
Re: UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad by payjoey(m): 9:49am On May 13, 2012
U can inbox me your number so she can chat with you on wassup
payjoey2001@yahoo.com
Re: UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad by emofine2(f): 7:22am On May 15, 2012
im half igala and urhobo so if anyone who speak any those languages hollar at me aswell coz im tryna learn dem but I havent got anyon e to flow it with

Ok honestly this is one of the reasons why I asked if you’re from warri...whenever I hear urhobo I think of warri...(bad conditioning on my part lol)
Anyway if you migrate to the culture section you’ll eventually find an Urhobo and Igala speaking thread although it seems that people only frequent there annually lol

Oshare mavo?
Re: UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad by mruknaijaboy(m): 12:51am On May 16, 2012
emöfine2:

Ok honestly this is one of the reasons why I asked if you’re from warri...whenever I hear urhobo I think of warri...(bad conditioning on my part lol)
Anyway if you migrate to the culture section you’ll eventually find an Urhobo and Igala speaking thread although it seems that people only frequent there annually lol

Oshare mavo?

lol yeh i get u, i tried looking through them but just aint bothered to post anything on them yet lol,i know mavo means like how are you or hello but im not sure about oshare mavo i havent heard that one, what does oshare mean? i forgot you are a deltan also, do your family speak urhobo as well or one of the other delta languages?
Re: UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad by emofine2(f): 1:16am On May 16, 2012
do your family speak urhobo as well or one of the other delta languages?

No, but we are linguistically similar...but a couple of my aunts somehow communicate in a twisted Urhobo.

Oshare = Bobo
Re: UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad by mruknaijaboy(m): 2:02am On May 16, 2012
emöfine2:

No, but we are linguistically similar...but a couple of my aunts somehow communicate in a twisted Urhobo.

Oshare = Bobo

lol oh i see,my mum told me that der different dialects of urhobo and how they pronounce words slightly different or using different letters at the beginning so maybe they might be speaking another dialect, what language is it that you speak then?
Re: UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad by emofine2(f): 8:13am On May 16, 2012
I think there’s possibly different dialects in all languages - depending on the dialect it would be quite possible for an Urhobo and Isoko to understand each other...
but I meant my aunts sometimes blend Urhobo with their native language – the native language being Isoko. Reminds me of when my father used to entertain his Urhobo buddy....he'll converse with him in Isoko only for the man to respond in Urhobo...kinda interesting.

if anyone who speak any those languages hollar at me aswell coz im tryna learn dem but I havent got anyon e to flow it with

You know there’s quite a few Urhobo people in London, even Igala sef.
Re: UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad by mruknaijaboy(m): 2:29am On May 17, 2012
emöfine2: I think there’s possibly different dialects in all languages - depending on the dialect it would be quite possible for an Urhobo and Isoko to understand each other...
but I meant my aunts sometimes blend Urhobo with their native language – the native language being Isoko. Reminds me of when my father used to entertain his Urhobo buddy....he'll converse with him in Isoko only for the man to respond in Urhobo...kinda interesting.

You know there’s quite a few Urhobo people in London, even Igala sef.

lol haha thats funny what ur father and his friend used to do

and i dont even know any of either here in london to be honest, ive met some urhobo people at my university but other than that just my family members i know that are urhobo, and for igala ive never met any other igala people other than my family members as well
Re: UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad by stephen147(m): 10:48am On May 20, 2012
my name is justice and am 4rom delta state,,i sow ur post so i wilk to help u ok,,here number u can call me +2348063319674
Re: UK Nigerian Looking To Meet Some Nigerians Abroad by mruknaijaboy(m): 5:17pm On May 20, 2012
stephen147: my name is justice and am 4rom delta state,,i sow ur post so i wilk to help u ok,,here number u can call me +2348063319674

lol everyone see this ekpa trying his scamming fraudulent ways, abeg comot for road jor nobody is calling you, i hope nobody else falls for this idiot and calls him

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Mature Lady To Settle With...see My Pictures / Gamine: A Beautiful Soul. / Chinesedoll Can I Meet You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.