Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. (2808 Views)

Cross River State Has Not Banned Devotion In Schools –SSG / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by Mynd44: 2:35am On May 14, 2012
And we continue to call our politicians greedy. Just imagine what will happen if these doctors form the political class
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by doofanc: 7:15am On May 14, 2012
Prof JYK:

I really can't understand how someone who served with a 2005 entrant (likely in 2010) will call himself EXPERIENCED AND TRUSTED. I really don't gerrit.

welcome to the pompous, nauseatingly arrogant world of the average Nigerian medical doctor.
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by feelamong(m): 10:23am On May 14, 2012
~Bluetooth:

what you guys forgot to understand is that the masses are against your actions.how much does a human life cost to you and your fellow sacked doctors ?
Which mass are you talking about The doctors are left to work with little or noting while the political elites enjoy all the trappings of their office added to the looted funds they acquire and you are here saying that the doctors do not deserve of their wages you are a disgrace!!!
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by feelamong(m): 10:25am On May 14, 2012
doofanc:

welcome to the pompous, nauseatingly arrogant world of the average Nigerian medical doctor.

Guy, even if you fail to acknowledge this... its a fact...By the time most doctors are serving in NYSC they have already done their HOUSE JOBS and gauined some experience for at least a year...while many of you just go from ur campus hostels into the NYSC camps..
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by khufu: 10:56am On May 14, 2012
Official assassins calling themselves doctors. EEdiots.
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by FrankC3: 12:07pm On May 14, 2012
Whats this desperate attempt to pitch the people against the doctors. If you think that sacking the doctors is a sound decision in this age and time for a 'mega city', go ahead and do that and play all politics you can about it but STOP this attempt to demonize the doctors. I dont know how a society where people hate the people that attend to them in their weakest moments fit into your dream of a sane society. If you must beat a child, then you must let him cry. Stop blanketting the airwaves, print and internet media with this madness. It is not healthy for the society.
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by luvinhubby(m): 12:15pm On May 14, 2012
I learnt all that Lagos state govt. need to meet with the doctors demand is N21m monthly, which i see as minimal. How much does Tinubu earn daily from Lekki toll gates, moreover experienced octors are in high demandd in other states of the country and beyond and can someone help me tell Fashola that YOU CAN'T BUY EXPERIENCE ANYWWeHE, so why sack them.
For me, it's Fashola's govt that is toying with the lives of Lagosians not yhe doctors.
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by TonySpike: 12:38pm On May 14, 2012
^^^ Oga, are you sure about your info? By the way, mathematically dividing #21 million by about 700 Doctors is roughly about #30,000 per Doctor monthly. Is this info of yours correct, Sir? I doubt it if LASG will deliberately sack 700 Doctors because of #30,000 shortfall per head. Maybe I don't get the drift of your point....
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by Omexonomy: 1:09pm On May 14, 2012
~Bluetooth:

what you guys forgot to understand is that the masses are against your actions.how much does a human life cost to you and your fellow sacked doctors ?
you ar right human life is worthles 2 them
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 14, 2012
and some people wonder why we always pray never to fall sick.
yes the doctors may have been inconsiderate but i think the LASG made a mistake of sacking them. this drama is definately not going to turn out well in the long run.
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by stillme(m): 3:09pm On May 14, 2012
ziga: Doctors and good health are a necessity in every society. And despite their importance (whether we like to admit it or not) nobody is indispensible.

Bottom line is we as a people give relevance to what we think should be relevant. And if our politicians are more important than our value for human life, then I rest my case.

It is very easy to blame the Docs for going on strike, but we forget that this decay did not start with them.

If the Nigerian government thinks the health of the country is important, we wouldn't have appalling maternal/infant mortality figures. Life expectancy wouldn't be so low.

And in a society where we are already deprived of doctors, and so many have already left to work for other countries (despite receiving their education and training in Nigeria)we should value what we have.

For the up-coming generations, I hope you learn from these incidents before you fill your JAMB form. Personally, I believe that the effects of this action will go a very long way.

I think Doctors in Nigeria deserve a lot more than BRF and a lot of Nairalanders are giving right now.

man mi,u maybe right. But when u overdo things u face the consequences.
Doctors are living fine. Most of their children are in private universities. What else do they need? Private jet?
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by Ngwakwe: 3:58pm On May 14, 2012
Frank-C:
Whats this desperate attempt to pitch the people against the doctors. If you think that sacking the doctors is a sound decision in this age and time for a 'mega city', go ahead and do that and play all politics you can about it but STOP this attempt to demonize the doctors. I dont know how a society where people hate the people that attend to them in their weakest moments fit into your dream of a sane society. If you must beat a child, then you must let him cry. Stop blanketting the airwaves, print and internet media with this madness. It is not healthy for the society.

From the majority of insane contributions made here on this thread, it is no longer news that Nairaland is a media arm of ACN in that their politicians are saints.

See how the South Westerners are projecting incompetent Fashola as Nigerian expected Messiah come 2015 and his warriors are all out fully armed. All I can say is a governor having much money to spend is not a criteria for judging performance as he can afford to misappropriate half and invest the other half while the poorer states are managing to see what they can achieve after paying salaries.

Nairaland used to be full of people with articulated brains and more than average IQ before 2010 but now things have change. The new members and some mischievous old politically oriented "inert tribalist" have send dangerous politically charged viruses into every discussion.

Even OAM4J and my well respected Gbawe have caught this dangerous virus.

I look forward to a time when a charged political and even sectional or tribal discussions can be done without attacking personality or the contributor but using facts to put such a one to shame without name calling or character assassination or intellectual terrorism

1 Like

Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by Ngwakwe: 4:04pm On May 14, 2012
We need more facts and articulated inputs in every discussion and less of personal opinion filled with "inert bias"
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by mykejones(m): 5:52pm On May 14, 2012
Ngwakwe: We need more facts and articulated inputs in every discussion and less of personal opinion filled with "inert bias"
For God's sakes,what else do u people want? Aren't u guys the highest paid civil servants in Nigeria?
Do u even have compassion for ur fellow civil servants of your equals?
Agreed,u peole say lives,wer ur knowledges inpacted frm mars? If am right,u lot earn more than people who taught u.
U call people who have objected ur silly values and reasons "low IQ". We can all see how "high IQ" u all have with ur shallow minds and greedy mouths.
My advice2people of ur kind: No one is indespensable,even in this country!!!
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by queensmith: 7:22pm On May 14, 2012
Humanitarian? but you get paid 100s of 1000s of naira? It's charity work when it's free. Don't confuse what you do. You are sacrificing nothing and building a very good career for yourself. You are paid handsomly for your services you are getting 20 times the minimum wage and 1000 times what the average Nigerian is said to live on. Gross misconduct and disregard for services you are being paid for should never be rewarded.
Rant all you want, you have been hired doctors and not accountants, what do you know about what is deserved. Your employer should tell you how much you are worth not the other way round.

IMO countries need to start spending more on training doctors, possibly letting them school for free and sending them abroad for further training and experience. When you have 1 doctor to 3 people I will see who is going start striking over 9000 teaching allowance for students practical still in school.
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by otokx(m): 8:19pm On May 14, 2012
The arrogance and pomposity of some of these doctors knows no bound; they forgot that a civil servant will and always be a civil servant but ask em how much they get in private practice owned by fellow doctors and you will be shocked.
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by TheDefender: 2:21am On May 15, 2012
l SUPPORT THE DOCTORS.
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by nitrogen(m): 9:16am On May 15, 2012
The docs, Zap them all.

Greedy and inconsiderate fellas.
Re: Governor Of Lagos State Has Shown How Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing. by ziga: 10:52pm On May 15, 2012
queensmith: Humanitarian? but you get paid 100s of 1000s of naira? It's charity work when it's free. Don't confuse what you do. You are sacrificing nothing and building a very good career for yourself. You are paid handsomly for your services you are getting 20 times the minimum wage and 1000 times what the average Nigerian is said to live on. Gross misconduct and disregard for services you are being paid for should never be rewarded.
Rant all you want, you have been hired doctors and not accountants, what do you know about what is deserved. Your employer should tell you how much you are worth not the other way round.

IMO countries need to start spending more on training doctors, possibly letting them school for free and sending them abroad for further training and experience. When you have 1 doctor to 3 people I will see who is going start striking over 9000 teaching allowance for students practical still in school.

I think ignorance of the economics of the issue is what makes room for statements like these.

The amount of money needed to train the doctors and the time will definitely cost so much more than fulfilling the current request.

It takes a lot of money to train a doctor, and there can never be enough doctors. Take a cue from the US. Despite the number of med schools they have and the number of medical doctors that they graduate yearly, they still import doctors from developing countries where we need them. And they still do not have enough doctors to cater for their needs.

How can we speak like this and expect the standards of healthcare in our country to improve.

The situation is unfortunate. I can't pass judgement on the way the medical docs responded i.e strike. But i know that in Nigeria, the only weapin the masses have is a strike action.

But I can say that the sack action and the degradation of the medical profession by a lot of Nairalanders right now is not economical. If u catch my drift.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adamawa: Jonathan Withdraws Support From Ribadu / Please God Touch Gov. Amaechi To Pay Excorpers / Breaking: President Orders The Arrest Of Gov. Fayose And Sen. Musiliu Obanikoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.