Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Joomla Issue -help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla Issue -help (1167 Views)

Who Can Do This Joomla Job? / How To Change Admin Password In Joomla From Locahost! / I Need A Reliable And Affordable Host For Joomla And Wordpress. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla Issue -help by schneid: 6:07am On May 13, 2012
hello joomla gurus, after transferring my joomla site from local to remote, am having this error when i click on articles to edit.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::onDisplay() in /home/webmecha/public_html/sampleschool/libraries/joomla/html/editor.php on line 295

pls help.
Re: Joomla Issue -help by Nobody: 6:47am On May 13, 2012
Sorry dear, first you have to be calm. It is only then that you can think well. Secondly dont hope for much via this post {most of the webmaster on here are so stingy with their ideas that's why they dont make progress} respect to the good webmasters pray people like Dual Core get here soon.
I dnt kn much on joomla... Refer to ur textbook, visit the faq on their site and get more help.

1 Like

Re: Joomla Issue -help by Nobody: 7:50am On May 13, 2012
Have you checked that your Joomla version is compatible with your host, also it could be a template using an old code,which i doubt, i use Joomla and StdClass Display is a core Joomla method for display a page or component,which shouldn't give an error, whats the link to your site.

2 Likes

Re: Joomla Issue -help by yawatide(f): 3:41pm On May 13, 2012
Aboki,

I hope this posts proves that I am not the stingy type and am willing to make progress, though as I have stated before, those who would love to post aren't doing so because of the new direction the board has taken.

OP:
How did you transfer your Joomla site from local to the host? Are you aware of Akeeba backup? If not, you need to:

1) Go to your server installation and delete all the tables in the database you created (spare the actual database itself)
2) Download akeeba backup, and run it on your local installation (the akeeba backup's documentation is actually very good)
3) transfer the "zipped" backup to your server
4) Part of the akeeba install comes with a kickstart.php file. Follow instructions on how to run it
5) If all goes well, your transfer will be a success.

Note:
Akeeba backup is actually very cool and easy to understand. Learning curve is low. Except for the first time that I ever ran it, I haven't encountered any problems since.

good luck!

1 Like

Re: Joomla Issue -help by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 13, 2012
Joomla API sucks or blows
Re: Joomla Issue -help by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 13, 2012
I blow my respect like kiss to you yawa-ti-de
Re: Joomla Issue -help by schneid: 8:20pm On May 13, 2012
thanks to u all. its just funny.i uploaded just the way ve bn doing all my sites.
intall joomla on remote using fantastico
drop the database on remote site, and import the one from the local
install all templates and extenions used on local
thats all.

THE ISSUE IS:
THE SITE IS UP AND RUNNING BUT WONT JUST ALLOW ME TO EDIT MY ARTICLES

OK,Thanks for the help. i will try akeeba
Re: Joomla Issue -help by danakuba(m): 10:57pm On May 13, 2012
schneid: thanks to u all. its just funny.i uploaded just the way ve bn doing all my sites.
intall joomla on remote using fantastico
drop the database on remote site, and import the one from the local
install all templates and extenions used on local
thats all.

THE ISSUE IS:
THE SITE IS UP AND RUNNING BUT WONT JUST ALLOW ME TO EDIT MY ARTICLES

OK,Thanks for the help. i will try akeeba

Check your file permission settings( 664) (777)
Re: Joomla Issue -help by guru01(m): 7:07am On May 14, 2012
The issue i found with joomla most case is when am uploading to remote server, if proper care is not taking you find a lot of errors.
i just uploaded http://www.e-telligencenews.com and work on some errors.
@poster, what i will advice is that you re-upload the file again, and make sure your internet connection is fast and always over write existing files in case an error occur or the file couldn't upload proper.
Better still, call a pro to handle it for you.
Re: Joomla Issue -help by yawatide(f): 10:17am On May 14, 2012
naija! una too dey like suffer on purpose. Una go c better way but like the proverbial goat, if u know hit d breast really hard, milk no go flow cool

People have already done the hard work for you. Download akeeba/kickstart and you will be good to go.
Re: Joomla Issue -help by chitex88(m): 3:16pm On May 14, 2012
Using Akeeba backup is the best way to transfer a joomla site. it is easy and very fast.that is what i use. give it a try.

(1) (Reply)

Web Designers/developers Stop Charging Below 50k For Any Project. / Hacked Again!!! / Online First Bank Acct User 761402324 Was Not Found And Cannot Be Used For Auth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.