Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Msc Advanced Digital Systems Or Radio & Mobile Communication Systems Engineering - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Msc Advanced Digital Systems Or Radio & Mobile Communication Systems Engineering (1308 Views)

Industrial Electronics , Embeded Systems Or Telecommuinication?? / Unpaid Daar Communication Workers Halt Operations(photo) / What Are The Chances Of Getting A Good Job With A Degree In Systems Engineering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Msc Advanced Digital Systems Or Radio & Mobile Communication Systems Engineering by Otuabaroku: 11:29am On May 13, 2012
Hi Professionals, please could you guys help recommend one the courses listed below for Msc. The yardstick should be based on which one is more relevant in Telecommunication Industries and guarantees employment after graduation.

1. Advanced Digital Systems
2. Radio & Mobile Communication Systems
3. Embedded Intelligent Systems

Your recommendations with reason would be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Msc Advanced Digital Systems Or Radio & Mobile Communication Systems Engineering by tanimola22: 12:17pm On May 13, 2012
Otuabaroku: Hi Professionals, please could you guys help recommend one the courses listed below for Msc. The yardstick should be based on which one is more relevant in Telecommunication Industries and guarantees employment after graduation.

Your recommendations with reason would be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

Thank you for this question, OP.

I am also waiting to hear about a course that guarantees employment in Telecoms. I have friends who will find this information extremely beneficial.

Guaranteed employment, sounds appealingly great indeed.

T22

1 Like

Re: Msc Advanced Digital Systems Or Radio & Mobile Communication Systems Engineering by AjanleKoko: 6:04pm On May 13, 2012
Otuabaroku: Hi Professionals, please could you guys help recommend one the courses listed below for Msc. The yardstick should be based on which one is more relevant in Telecommunication Industries and guarantees employment after graduation.

Well, I work in telecom.
First question would be, where are you planning to work, after the Msc? If it's in Nigeria, Number 2 is adequate. 1 is neither here nor there, and 3 is definitely out of it, unless you're chasing up a complex and demanding career designing, testing, and commissioning chipsets for Intel, Qualcomm, or AMD. That definitely is not relevant in Nigeria.

Oh, lest I forget. There is no such thing as an Msc that guarantees employment in today's world.

1 Like

Re: Msc Advanced Digital Systems Or Radio & Mobile Communication Systems Engineering by Otuabaroku: 9:56pm On May 13, 2012
^^ Where to work is of course Nigeria.Thank you so much;my mind was tilting towards number 2 as well. Yes, i know there is no Msc that guarantees employment in today's world but I'm asking the question base on where there is shortage of skill set which would boast one's employ-ability in the sector after graduation.More views please...!
Re: Msc Advanced Digital Systems Or Radio & Mobile Communication Systems Engineering by usel0707: 9:56am On May 14, 2012
Thank you for this question, OP.
[img]http://www.dubaa.info/hmp.gif[/img]
Re: Msc Advanced Digital Systems Or Radio & Mobile Communication Systems Engineering by Otuabaroku: 9:41am On May 15, 2012
Hi Ajanlekoko, thank you once again for your response, it was very helpful. Could you list or highlight the skill set you would look out for a potential employee ,who has undertaken this course(Msc Radio & Mobile Communication Systems Engineering) to demonstrate or possess to make him or her your number one choice(employer's choice)to employ in this sector.Thank you in anticipation.
Re: Msc Advanced Digital Systems Or Radio & Mobile Communication Systems Engineering by AjanleKoko: 10:06am On May 15, 2012
Otuabaroku: Hi Ajanlekoko, thank you once again for your response, it was very helpful. Could you list or highlight the skill set you would look out for a potential employee ,who has undertaken this course(Msc Radio & Mobile Communication Systems Engineering) to demonstrate or possess to make him or her your number one choice(employer's choice)to employ in this sector.Thank you in anticipation.

Well, the thing about telecom is, we are not investment bankers grin. Rather than 'skill set', we are more interested in your experience with the subject matter.
Wireless communications is now about 90% of world telecom in terms of footprint and subscribers, so the program I suggested is more relevant, I think. At least in name.

The key to getting a good telecom job is, unfortunately, relevant experience. I hope your program has good connections to major service providers, and has embedded internships with the likes of Siemens, Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia, etc. Those are the blue-chips in telecom. Experience interning with them will look good on your cv, and hopefully stand you in good stead for a job with them, or similar companies, after graduation.
Re: Msc Advanced Digital Systems Or Radio & Mobile Communication Systems Engineering by Otuabaroku: 10:53am On May 15, 2012
Thank you very much. You too much. Have a nice day!

(1) (Reply)

Help! Help!! Help!!! / How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) / The Real Reason Most Nigerian Graduates Are jobless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.