Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Need A Beginner's Zend Framework Tutorial - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need A Beginner's Zend Framework Tutorial (2888 Views)

Who Has Tried Out Zend Framework 2 ? / Zend And Dojo / Is Zend Php Certification Obtainable From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Beginner's Zend Framework Tutorial by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 14, 2012
can anyone help?
Re: Need A Beginner's Zend Framework Tutorial by delomos(m): 1:44pm On May 14, 2012
If you're open to other options on frameworks, you should take a look at FuelPHP, Yii or Kohana, they each have a lower learning curve and significantly snippier than Zend (Kohana being my #1 choice for reasons I stated here: https://www.nairaland.com/935775/best-php-framework-application-development). That said, there is a great start on Zend here: http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/tutorials/zend-framework-first-steps/
Re: Need A Beginner's Zend Framework Tutorial by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 16, 2012
ok, bt is there any gimmickry on earth to convert a current PHP app. framework to another.@preferably Zend->Yii
Re: Need A Beginner's Zend Framework Tutorial by Nobody: 7:49am On May 17, 2012
no way, the only way i know is re-writing it to Yii, besides the most changes will be your Classes since they almost have similar convention anyway.
Re: Need A Beginner's Zend Framework Tutorial by Lee644: 9:34am On May 17, 2012
framework to another.@preferably Zend->Yii
[img]http://www.keyforex.info/cpu.gif[/img]
Re: Need A Beginner's Zend Framework Tutorial by delomos(m): 1:19pm On May 17, 2012
pc guru: no way, the only way i know is re-writing it to Yii, besides the most changes will be your Classes since they almost have similar convention anyway.
^^ In addition to this, you might also want to reverse engineer your Zend DB; if you're DB is well-designed, use that as the basis to generate Models through "Gii", write a fat model based on your Zend app's logic, then proceed as @pc_guru described.
Re: Need A Beginner's Zend Framework Tutorial by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 17, 2012
now i make Yii my personal Framework Zend is not a RAD tool, instead you spend days figuring simple things out, but because of Job and i need to know it
Re: Need A Beginner's Zend Framework Tutorial by Nobody: 10:09am On May 18, 2012
but to be frank, which one do you prefer for very big projects; if it's Zend, have you found a possible way to tweak its scalability---that's the main issue for me:big website that needs to scale
Re: Need A Beginner's Zend Framework Tutorial by Nobody: 10:17am On May 18, 2012
To be quite frank I prefer 7end to Yii, but to get performance, you have to cache and cache SqL Result, Enable APC, explicitly render your view files, meaning disable ViewRenderer,disable Helpers am not sure if you can do that, might involve hacking the codes,Cache your TableMetaData(I read this from somewhere), make use of Cache.manifest to save re-downloading images, minify your Js code, and you also have to profile your App, turn on Zend_Profiler_Firebug it helps, you see all the stress which why I code in Yii, Zend 2 seems a bit saner, you explicity only load what you need via the Dependency Injector, Zend 1 is complicated, send me a mail so we can discuss more.

(1) (Reply)

What Programming Language Can I Use To Achieve This? / Data Science Or Web Development: Which Is A Better Option For A Nigerian? / Programming Career In Either JAVA Or .NET

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.