Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program (2399 Views)

My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa / Fellowship At The Bulb Aptitude Test / Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program by AdaJollof: 4:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
Please who has heard about the software engineering training at The Bulb Africa. I want to enroll, how legit is the company?
Re: Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program by Bros1: 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
It is a fantastic program for those who want to start or accelerate their software engineering careers. The offer specializations in Product Design, Frontend development,(React with Node.js) backend development(C# and asp.net core) and Devops(AWS,Docker,Linux, Containers, CI/CD etc).

I personally know some of alumni who works at commercial banks, United Nations, fintechs and the Central bank of Nigeria.

It is a highly recommeded program and those guys do Deferred Payment(Payment after you get a job)

I think their website is www.thebulb.africa

1 Like

Re: Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program by Bros1: 2:29pm On Jan 22, 2022
It is a fantastic program for those who want to start or accelerate their software engineering careers. The offer specializations in Product Design, Frontend development,(React with Node.js) backend development(C# and asp.net core) and Devops(AWS,Docker,Linux, Containers, CI/CD etc).

I personally know some of their alumni software engineers who works at commercial banks, United Nations, fintechs and the Central bank of Nigeria.

It is a highly recommeded program and those guys do Deferred Payment(Payment after you get a job)

I think their website is www.thebulb.africa

1 Like

Re: Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program by Inspireink: 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
Fellowship at The Bulb is a six-month training program for young graduates looking to start a software engineering career. The training program equips the next generation of software engineers with transferable and transportable skillsets for the fast-changing global workspace.

Fellowship at The Bulb is specially built to tackle shortages in software engineering solutions that hinder technology advancement in Africa.

Fellowship at The Bulb: Courses, Duration, Requirements, Benefits and Application Process

Duration and Benefits

Fellowship at the Bulb trains you to become a software engineer by teaching you in-demand programming languages within six months.

The entire program runs for twenty-four weeks, during which trainees work together as a cohort to build and launch authentic software products. The curriculum offers direct practical experience, making it easy for you to gain real work experience while learning.

Trainees of Fellowship at The Bulb, referred to as fellows, do not pay any tuition until the completion of the program. Alternatively, fellows of the program are paid monthly stipends throughout the program.

The courses and curriculum

These are courses that teach specific programming languages that help you build software applications from scratch or improve existing software products.

The available courses at the Fellowship at The Bulb Program are

- .Net,

- JavaScript,

- DevOps, and

- Product Design.

Application Process

Applying to the Fellowship at The Bulb Program is seamless.

Information to be submitted for your application include your personal information, educational qualification, the course you are interested in, and your software engineering experience.

You would also submit your CV and the link to your LinkedIn profile.

After submitting your application, an automatic technical assessment test, alongside a psychometric test, would be sent to you. Successful applicants would then be invited for a physical interview which is most likely the last step of the application process.

Once you pass your tests and ace the interview, nothing can stop you from joining the program's next cohort!

Requirements to Join the Fellowship Program

You must be between the ages of 18 and 30.

You must have a minimum of a university degree certificate.

You must have at least two guarantors, one relative and one non-relative.

You must have an NYSC discharge certificate.

You must be a dedicated tech enthusiast.

You can visit the website to learn more https://fellowship.thebulb.africa/

1 Share

Re: Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program by joshmoy(m): 12:54pm On Jan 29, 2022
Don’t fall for this. 6 months training after which you’d be required to pay back 2m naira for when you start working.

The laptop you’d be provided with will be returned also.

Just company swags, basic training and vibes
Re: Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program by patthebulb: 5:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
All the necessary information about the financial aid/payment plan is on the website FAQ page.
Re: Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program by AdaJollof: 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2022
I have enrolled in the Fellowship program and it is legit.

The program clearly states its payment plan. You either pay upfront, or you enroll through their financial aid/career bond option.

After your 4 or 6 months of training (depending on your course), you will be offered an internship opportunity or given a job. From there, you have a 2 - 3 year plan to pay back your career bond. See the website for more information on the payment plan - https://fellowship.thebulb.africa/courses

The laptop is given to all Fellows for the duration of their training which they may either buy-back after the training or return it.
All these are clearly stated on the website's FAQ page @joshmoy
Re: Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program by sherifage(m): 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2022
Thanks for the info. I was sent an invite for aptitude test that will take place on Saturday. Please how is their test like and what do I need to prepare for it? Thanks
AdaJollof:

The program clearly states its payment plan. You either pay upfront, or you enroll through their financial aid/career bond option.

After your 4 or 6 months of training (depending on your course), you will be offered an internship opportunity or given a job. From there, you have a 2 - 3 year plan to pay back your career bond. See the website for more information on the payment plan - https://fellowship.thebulb.africa/courses

The laptop is given to all Fellows for the duration of their training which they may either buy-back after the training or return it.
Re: Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program by maryannah(f): 7:39am On Apr 02, 2022
sherifage:
Thanks for the info. I was sent an invite for aptitude test that will take place on Saturday. Please how is their test like and what do I need to prepare for it? Thanks

Same here
Re: Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program by ebijimi7(m): 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2022
I'd like to apply for the data science course too but I just have only nd and I didn't go for nysc can I still be admitted?
Re: Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program by Iykevirgo: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
Basic training and vibes as in? Could you explain better
joshmoy:
Don’t fall for this. 6 months training after which you’d be required to pay back 2m naira for when you start working.

The laptop you’d be provided with will be returned also.

Just company swags, basic training and vibes
Re: Fellowship At The Bulb: What Is It About & join the Software Engineering Program by Techstar: 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
AdaJollof:

will the company link you up to a job? Or, will you hustle for the job independently?

(1) (Reply)

BI(Business Intelligence) In Nigeria / Social Earn - Is Social Earn Legit? Find Out If You Can Make $200 From Them. / FIFA 2018 Data Analysis (AI) Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.