Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,756 members, 7,840,947 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Where Would U Rather Reside?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Would U Rather Reside?? (11576 Views)

World's Oldest Living Person May Reside In Okemesi / Residency Over Ethnicity - Where Will You Reside? / In Event Of World War 3, Would Nigeria Be A Safe Country To Reside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Coldfaya(m): 3:39pm On May 14, 2012
I grew up in the middle belt, served in d west, and currently reside in in the south-south but in Abuja for somthing.

First, i admit dat nowhere in d country is totally safe, everywhere seems to be boiling. But amongst evils, der is always a lesser evil. Hence dis thoght of mine.

Growing up was peacefull in d middle belt. With minimal cases of violence. Back den in d north, everyone was scared of d south east (cos of robbery n rituals) and south-south (millitancy, kidnapping and killings). But presently, with d emergence of Boko Haram (BH) in d core north, coupled with incessant killings by Fullani herdsmen, which unfortunately has spread to d middle belt, ppl in d middle belt n d North now feel as insecure as d south.

Just about 10 mins ago, i was around d games village in Abuja wen i heard a big bang 'boom'. I bet it was nothing, but u need see d reaction of d ppl around me. They thought a bomb had gone off, and pannic was around me. Then d big question arose in my mind; INSECURIE FELLINGS.
which would u rather prefer; d north with Bombs or south-south with Kidnappings and broad day robberies??
I think i prefer my creazy Warri with d insecure felling of being robbed or kidnaped (of course dem nor go kidnap me wey neva Hammer near Ayerin) dan Abuja with d insecure feeling of being bombed. Shuooooo!!......dis wan bad pass abeg!!!!
Waffi i dey miss u.....

Wat 'bout u??

1 Like

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 14, 2012
Was born in South West, but now living in Jos. O boy, Jos na the place o! cool, calm and cosmopolitan. Removing the fear of breakup, I think I will choose Jos anyday, I just feel very cool anytime Im n Or n my way to Jos.

2 Likes

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by emmke(m): 4:53pm On May 14, 2012
cogitoErgo: Was born in South West, but now living in Jos. O boy, Jos na the place o! cool, calm and cosmopolitan. Removing the fear of breakup, I think I will choose Jos anyday, I just feel very cool anytime Im n Or n my way to Jos.
presently in lag but you're seriously making me miss jos more. Jos is my first love cool

1 Like

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Yeske2(m): 5:02pm On May 14, 2012
Never been to Enugu, you would have changed your mind if you had.

4 Likes

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by emmke(m): 5:13pm On May 14, 2012
Yeske!:
Never been to Enugu, you would have changed your mind if you had.
no sir i've been. Very nice place, enugu. Along with owerri, the coolest places in the east. But jos it is for me. The cold, the rocks, the easy life, the cosmopolitant nature. Perhaps u should visit and see for yourself cool
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by bashr8: 5:30pm On May 14, 2012
Cold faya: I grew up in the middle belt, served in d west, and currently reside in in the south-south but in Abuja for somthing.

First, i admit dat nowhere in d country is totally safe, everywhere seems to be boiling. But amongst evils, der is always a lesser evil. Hence dis thoght of mine.

Growing up was peacefull in d middle belt. With minimal cases of violence. Back den in d north, everyone was scared of d south east (cos of robbery n rituals) and south-south (millitancy, kidnapping and killings). But presently, with d emergence of Boko Haram (BH) in d core north, coupled with incessant killings by Fullani herdsmen, which unfortunately has spread to d middle belt, ppl in d middle belt n d North now feel as insecure as d south.

Just about 10 mins ago, i was around d games village in Abuja wen i heard a big bang 'boom'. I bet it was nothing, but u need see d reaction of d ppl around me. They thought a bomb had gone off, and pannic was around me. Then d big question arose in my mind; INSECURIE FELLINGS.
which would u rather prefer; d north with Bombs or south-south with Kidnappings and broad day robberies??
I think i prefer my creazy Warri with d insecure felling of being robbed or kidnaped (of course dem nor go kidnap me wey neva Hammer near Ayerin) dan Abuja with d insecure feeling of being bombed. Shuooooo!!......dis wan bad pass abeg!!!!
Waffi i dey miss u.....

Wat 'bout u??
closet tribalist , this is why this country must divide, tell me at what point in the history of nigeria where armed robbery in south east were greater than that in the north and west and show me prof of so called rituals , are u not related to the same abokis that keep flooding the south east coming everyday on trailers or is there another nigeria. coming from a slowpoke that claim to live in the north where christians and southerners are constantly being attacked even before independence.

2 Likes

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 14, 2012
@bashr8, hmmm here we go again!
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by bashr8: 5:36pm On May 14, 2012
cogitoErgo: @bashr8, hmmm here we go again!
should i have overlooked his ignorance
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 14, 2012
bashr8: should i have overlooked his ignorance
To me, the Poster meant no harm, he even prefer to be in Warri rather than his place of upbringing! from his post I realy can not say where he comes from, he could have been a southerner born in the middle belt!

2 Likes

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by MrFire: 5:44pm On May 14, 2012
cogitoErgo:
To me, the Poster meant no harm, he even prefer to be in Warri rather than his place of upbringing! from his post I realy can not say where he comes from, he could have been a southerner born in the middle belt!

Shut up and stop the silly connivance. When was the East ever more ritualistic and fraught with armed robbery than the West?
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 14, 2012
Mr Fire:

Shut up and stop the silly connivance. When was the East ever more ritualistic and fraught with armed robbery than the West?
Hum, Proverb 26:4!

2 Likes

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by bashr8: 6:00pm On May 14, 2012
cogitoErgo:
he can prefer anywhere he likes without trying to lie against other peoples home. ignorance is no longer an excuse in this age
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by CyberG: 2:08am On May 15, 2012
LOL @ simple thread asking about people's choices but yet, some people see EVERYTHING to be about tribe and their paranoia. grin grin wink wink

6 Likes

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by dasparrow: 3:16am On May 15, 2012
CyberG: LOL @ simple thread asking about people's choices but yet, some people see EVERYTHING to be about tribe and their paranoia. grin grin wink wink

I tire undecided
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Nobody: 3:25am On May 15, 2012
Hmmm... I think I still prefer my cosmopolitan Lagos. Still the most detribalised part of the country, despite its traffic wahala.

4 Likes

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Beaf: 3:37am On May 15, 2012
Cold faya: I grew up in the middle belt, served in d west, and currently reside in in the south-south but in Abuja for somthing.

Waffi i dey miss u.....

Wat 'bout u??

Wafi is it, bro! cool
Always welcoming to guests, always bubbling, always straightforward, always real. cool

Na only beta pikin we de born. See one of our solid wafi guy wen oda pipo tink se dem fit claim angry):

[img]http://bunmiodunowo.files./2011/02/ay-comedian.jpg[/img]

Well, as local Warri boy wey just dey see front. I like to go to Paris ,I have not been there, because it’s a city of style which revolves round fashion and entertainment.

-AY

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/mr/4541-i-have-over-100-pairs-of-shoes-ay

OP, your choice is correct. cool

1 Like

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Coldfaya(m): 4:49am On May 15, 2012
bashr8: closet tribalist , this is why this country must divide, tell me at what point in the history of nigeria where armed robbery in south east were greater than that in the north and west and show me prof of so called rituals , are u not related to the same abokis that keep flooding the south east coming everyday on trailers or is there another nigeria. coming from a slowpoke that claim to live in the north where christians and southerners are constantly being attacked even before independence.

embarassedshuoooo mr mahn, u dey vex ooo!?
Neva thought i was tribalistic. I owe u no appollogy BUT m SORRY If i did appeared triballistic. Neva meant it. Was jst pointing out dat almost all tru d country, there is a feeling of insecurity, be it bombing which is predomminant in d north or robbery n kidnapping which is predomminant in d south. And wit d fact dat we must live in one of these places. 'Simple'. Dnt blame u tho cos triballism has actually eaten deep into us so we see most tins from dat angle, bt i wasnt here.
Thank U

1 Like

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by dayokanu(m): 5:42am On May 15, 2012
Paranoia go wounjure some pipo
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by usbnaf1: 12:48pm On May 15, 2012
akwa ibom state..........
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by MrGlobe(m): 12:52pm On May 15, 2012
cogitoErgo:
the OP meant every harm! Why was the rituals, NURTW frequent unrest and also robbery in the west conspiciously missing? Or they dont care about what is happening in the south west in the north? And he served in the west. The op is yeruba and they are all tribalists!

1 Like

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by MrGlobe(m): 12:56pm On May 15, 2012
Beaf:

Wafi is it, bro! cool
Always welcoming to guests, always bubbling, always straightforward, always real. cool

Na only beta pikin we born. See one of our solid wafi guy wen oda pipo tink se dem fit claim angry):

[img]http://bunmiodunowo.files./2011/02/ay-comedian.jpg[/img]

OP, your choice is correct. cool
I tot this guy is yeroba oh.. Doesnt AY mean Ayo? I need to be clarified
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by moderattor: 12:59pm On May 15, 2012
i'll rather live in maiduguri.
Nice peaceful atmosphere smiley
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by ZUBY77(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2012
There was a time i asked the same question. At the end of the day, i settled for Enugu. Enugu is like a heaven in Nigeria. Quiet, serene, good road network with solar powered street lights, well planned, no open gutters, biggest shopping malls in this country, airport, railway, three major double-laned highways linking it with PH, Awka and Abakiliki. Five star hotels and many more. Many Universities. I can go on. Enugu made me not to miss Europe.

3 Likes

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Beaf: 1:02pm On May 15, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I tot this guy is yeroba oh.. Doesnt AY mean Ayo? I need to be clarified

shocked shocked shocked
Blood of Jesus!!!

Pipo say na Yoruba boy, but we don kolobi di guy! He is now Urhobo!
His name is now Oromena Ejakovo - oshare ri pawa ekpevu ronye tweke! grin grin grin

Once you grow for Wafi, you be Wafarian! AY na awa guy! cool

Well, as local Warri boy wey just dey see front. I like to go to Paris ,I have not been there, because it’s a city of style which revolves round fashion and entertainment.

-AY

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Ignatio(m): 1:06pm On May 15, 2012
Enugu is the bomb.
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Tunjman(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2012
I would have preferred Taraba precisely, Mambilla Plateau for the europe-like weather but for the underdevelopment, no way!

I am ok with Lasgidi!

1 Like

Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by bluejeff(m): 1:16pm On May 15, 2012
Born and breed in lag, schooled in the east and currently serving in the north. But i wld still prefer the capital of my state....calabar.
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by AbdulAdam56(m): 1:20pm On May 15, 2012
I think ,hmm suleja,su town ws the best ever
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Omexonomy: 1:34pm On May 15, 2012
AJEGUNLE APAPA in lasgidi. Guy no dulling it is a place filled with different character in short it is a nation on its own. A place that have over fifty secondary school and two hundred primary school with all kind of factory with the a small airport and a maximum prison a kirikiri and a seaport in tincan island apapa quay
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 15, 2012
No place is perfectly safe, even your bedroom. But I strongly suggest the Cosmopolitan Lagos, particularly, Ikoyi,VI and Lekki Schemes axis. Stay away from the locals.
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Jarus(m): 1:37pm On May 15, 2012
My village jeje, Offa.
Re: Where Would U Rather Reside?? by Guapo(m): 1:39pm On May 15, 2012
I was born and bred in Lagos, schooled in Jos and served in the East. If not for crisis, Jos is home. Lagos remains most preferred.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Explosion Rocks EFAB Estate, Abuja / It’s Late To Override President’s Veto On Electoral Bill –lawmakers / Articulated Lies Don’t Win Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.