Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,108 members, 7,818,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar (8133 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by Afam4eva(m): 4:23pm On May 15, 2012
slimderek: I wish someonre cud point me to a download link..
Such books are so hard to get over here
Try Amazon.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by inene: 4:56pm On May 15, 2012
I am sure its going to be a bomb of a film. Hope the scren writer will bring out the spirit of the book, I will look out for the film.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by shizzle11(m): 5:37pm On May 15, 2012
tpia@:
is boyega supposed to be gboyega?

people cant pronounce the original name?

Was that all your bone_head brain could pick from the post Ode!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by pcicero(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2012
afam4eva:
How exactly have they been supportive?

He gave written permission to allow the production team have free access to Obudu Cattle Ranch (accomodation et al) and other places where it will be filmed at no cost.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 15, 2012
vizion:

In my experience, no film has ever measured up to half of the book.

Some of Crichton's movie adaptation have surpassed the original books , Jurassic Park , Congo and Disclosure readily comes to mind
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by Eleazarrh(m): 11:21pm On May 15, 2012
the movie is gonna be on point. cant wait to see it....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by Afam4eva(m): 8:06pm On May 16, 2012
pcicero:

He gave written permission to allow the production team have free access to Obudu Cattle Ranch (accomodation et al) and other places where it will be filmed at no cost.
That's good. But i don't think the Cross-river should have. The movie people are not running a charitable organization, so they should pay for whatever they're going to use.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by MrIfe: 11:45pm On May 16, 2012
I was in calabar 2 weeks ago and saw the work going on concerning the film in Tinapa. I even narrowly missed out working as an accounts assistant with the production team simply because I wasn't referred by someone known by anyone in the production team. It was quite disappointing though but I still wish the production team a huge success in the project. The project is a massive one and I believe it will be a success.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by semid4lyfe(m): 6:52am On May 30, 2012
Just finished reading the book and I gats say it's overrated. I was expecting it to be a masterpiece with all the awards it's garnered and comments I've read on various threads on Nairaland but alas it left me with a feeling of "is this it?" at the end.

I'm beginning to think Chimamanda is overrated and a product of press hype.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by Afam4eva(m): 7:02am On May 30, 2012
semid4lyfe: Just finished reading the book and I gats say it's overrated. I was expecting it to be a masterpiece with all the awards it's garnered and comments I've read on various threads on Nairaland but alas it left me with a feeling of "is this it?" at the end.

I'm beginning to think Chimamanda is overrated and a product of press hype.
You don't go into a book with an over-expectation. It won't be fair to the book.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by semid4lyfe(m): 10:54am On May 30, 2012
afam4eva:
You don't go into a book with an over-expectation. It won't be fair to the book.

Is this a tacit admission that the novel is not as good as it was made out to be? tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by Afam4eva(m): 12:03pm On May 30, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Is this a tacit admission that the novel is not as good as it was made out to be? tongue
"Good" is a relative term and it depends on whose mouth it is coming out from. But according toi popular knowledge, it is a very good book. You were probably just had a very high expectation of the book and it fell short of that. It's psychological.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by semid4lyfe(m): 12:26pm On May 30, 2012
afam4eva:
"Good" is a relative term and it depends on whose mouth it is coming out from. But according toi popular knowledge, it is a very good book. You were probably just had a very high expectation of the book and it fell short of that. It's psychological.

Answer this question before we discuss further. . . .HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by Afam4eva(m): 1:41pm On May 30, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Answer this question before we discuss further. . . .HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK?
I've not read the book and if I read I may have the same impression like you but that doesn't change the popular impression about the book.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by semid4lyfe(m): 3:18pm On May 30, 2012
afam4eva:
I've not read the book and if I read I may have the same impression like you but that doesn't change the popular impression about the book.

Touché!

Just like how your impression of The Figurine doesn't change the popular opinion (mine included) that it's a ''very'' good movie tongue

By the way, do let me know your opinion of the book when you read it. Off to clean up my section. . . . . .
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by Afam4eva(m): 5:11pm On May 30, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Touché!

Just like how your impression of The Figurine doesn't change the popular opinion (mine included) that it's a ''very'' good movie tongue

By the way, do let me know your opinion of the book when you read it. Off to clean up my section. . . . . .

I didn't like Figurine just like i'm usually no fond of Tunde Kelani's movies because just like figurine, his movies are usually educative but not really entertaining. I don't like slow(in-active) movies. But that does not change he popular opinion of those kovies.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by semid4lyfe(m): 8:53pm On May 30, 2012
afam4eva:
I didn't like Figurine just like i'm usually no fond of Tunde Kelani's movies because just like figurine, his movies are usually educative but not really entertaining. I don't like slow (in-active) movies. But that does not change he popular opinion of those kovies.

The Figurine in-active and un-entertaining? shocked

Hmmmm. . .there's this Igbo adage that wisdom is like a goatskin bag and everyone carries his own so lets just agree to disagree

^^Enjoy your night. . . .
Re: Chimamanda Adichie’s "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Movie Shooting Underway In Calabar by tobyakhi(m): 5:45am On Jun 01, 2012
Yaay!!! Thandie Newton is playing the role of a Nigerian.. I absolutely love her acting. Does anyone know if she's been cast as an Africa in any previous role.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tough Love - The Naija Movie Critique Thread (Only Naija Movies) / Parental Control -- The Mtv Show / List Of Top 5 Sites To Download And Stream Korean Movies (k-drama)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.