Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Jesus's Miracles Vs Modern Day Professed Miracle Workers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus's Miracles Vs Modern Day Professed Miracle Workers (3534 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / To All Professed Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus's Miracles Vs Modern Day Professed Miracle Workers by ijawkid(m): 8:25am On May 15, 2012
Reasons y I shuld doubt todays acclaimed miracle workers..

Let's compare how Jesus n his apostles in d 1st century performed miracles vs how our pastors today perform there's..
Then let's see if they are commensurate or if todays pastors are actually doing greater works as they claim..

1..Jesus's miracles:: were always impromptu..they were never done on stages or crusades..

Pastors today:: there miracles are always done on pullpits or on stage and never impromptu...

2..Jesus ::moved from house to house,city to city,door to door on foot and solved whatever problems he met,performing miracles ,even ressurecting dead persons...

Pastors today:: they stay @ there comfort zones,send there gullible members to run around with bills inviting people to a crusade of which many sick persons dnt even have d means to get to d location...(Are they bigger than Jesus I wonder)
Never has any of the daddy G.O's or pastors trekked on d road looking for sick persons to heal infact they have become so rich and wealthy to do that..

3...Jesus:: was always moved with pity to help d poor and needy and so he performed many miracles..that is why he could feed 5000 persons with food,and also did heal lepers and many others because he was sympathetic..
And also Jesus never sold his miracles,nor collected money from any1 after performing a miracle.

Todays pastors::: I barely think our pastors are moved with pity to even help d needy..
Many show of there actions on TV and then make money out of there followers..
Many sell handkerchiefs ,telling there followers it will heal them even when it wouldn't..
Many drive jets and own enterprises @ d expense of there poor members who pay tithes..
Can we call that pity my dear nairalanders??

4..Jesus despite all d works he did lived a simple life, a life devoid of materialism and so did his apostles...
They were never peddlers of Gods word,they were simple men who were approachable by any1 lacking both spiritually and otherwise...

Todays pastors:::
They are now like politicians who are un reachable..
That is why they can't strole down motor parks and market places without bodyguards to heal d sick and down trodden..
To see some of the General overseers personally for miracles or whatever deliverance 1 has to pay money for that...am I lying?

5..Jesus did tell us that having d faith like that of a mustard seed can move mountains..and so virtually every person who came for a cure or who Jesus met that was sick got healed even when they had little or no faith and they were healed instanteneously..

Pastors today::: when they can't play there tricks on there followers no more they tell them they don't have faith..and then u see them preaching faith here and there, all just to cure 1 small illness...

ARE our todays PASTORS like there master they claim to follow??
ARE they actually doing greater works or less works??
Re: Jesus's Miracles Vs Modern Day Professed Miracle Workers by MyJoe: 12:25pm On May 15, 2012
ijawkid: Reasons y I shuld doubt todays acclaimed miracle workers..
2..Jesus ::moved from house to house,city to city,door to door on foot and solved whatever problems he met,performing miracles ,even ressurecting dead persons...

Pastors today:: they stay @ there comfort zones,send there gullible members to run around with bills inviting people to a crusade of which many sick persons dnt even have d means to get to d location...(Are they bigger than Jesus I wonder)
Never has any of the daddy G.O's or pastors trekked on d road looking for sick persons to heal infact they have become so rich and wealthy to do that..
Please highlight one verse in the Bible where Jesus did the bolded. Thank you in anticipation of your cooperation.
Re: Jesus's Miracles Vs Modern Day Professed Miracle Workers by Godmouth(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2012
@ My Joe I know there are genuine men and women that God is using to do miracles today, however there as also a huge number of so-called ministers of God who are preaching their own type of gospel as ijawKid rightly pointed out. Your answer to the question you asked IjawKid is found in Matthew 4 vs 23-25 where Jesus travelled round Galilee preaching the gospel, healing the sick and casting out devils. A genuine man of God may not necessarily go from door-to-door to achieve this now: however He must be open to God's direction and must be will to be actively mobile: doing the work of God. He/She must be ready to do whatever it takes to ensure that the gospel is preached. That's exactly what Jesus did. Paul did the same as well, so did the rest of the Apostles.
Re: Jesus's Miracles Vs Modern Day Professed Miracle Workers by MyJoe: 6:04pm On May 15, 2012
Godmouth: @ My Joe I know there are genuine men and women that God is using to do miracles today, however there as also a huge number of so-called ministers of God who are preaching their own type of gospel as ijawKid rightly pointed out. Your answer to the question you asked IjawKid is found in Matthew 4 vs 23-25 where Jesus travelled round Galilee preaching the gospel, healing the sick and casting out devils. A genuine man of God may not necessarily go from door-to-door to achieve this now: however He must be open to God's direction and must be will to be actively mobile: doing the work of God. He/She must be ready to do whatever it takes to ensure that the gospel is preached. That's exactly what Jesus did. Paul did the same as well, so did the rest of the Apostles.

I'm not on about any "men and women of God" (whatever that means) doing or not doing miracles today. I only asked him to substantiate a specific claim I believe he made in error. Something I doubt the Bible actually says.

As for your claim, here is Matthew 4:23-25(KJV)
23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

Matthew 4:23-25 (GNT):
23 Jesus went all over Galilee, teaching in the synagogues, preaching the Good News about the Kingdom, and healing people who had all kinds of disease and sickness.24 The news about him spread through the whole country of Syria, so that people brought to him all those who were sick, suffering from all kinds of diseases and disorders: people with demons, and epileptics, and paralytics—and Jesus healed them all.25 Large crowds followed him from Galilee and the Ten Towns, from Jerusalem, Judea, and the land on the other side of the Jordan

Please highlight the portions of the verse that support the claim made by ijawkid as highlighted by me in my original post on this thread. Thank you.
Re: Jesus's Miracles Vs Modern Day Professed Miracle Workers by ijawkid(m): 12:41am On May 16, 2012
MyJoe:
Please highlight one verse in the Bible where Jesus did the bolded. Thank you in anticipation of your cooperation.

U want scriptures??
Scriptures are on d way....

Meanwhile have u checked out d other points or ur pastors have given u some handkerchiefs to block ya eyes...

Jesus cured 10 lepers,I wonder whether he was on a chariot or on a pullpit when he did that....

D woman with d blood flow,wasn't Jesus actually walking by with his disciples on d road?was he on a chariot or on a crusade ground

Jesus moved from place to place where he could meet d down trodden..

Somethin ur pastors will never try becasue of there pride and ego....

Instead they stay in there jets cruising round d world impoverishing many...

Now u want scriptures when u know d truth...

Pick up ur bible and read d gospels and come back to analyze modern day miracle workers...

If Jesus was fond of staying @ a comfort zone while his disciples were d 1's doing d slave work how will Jesus have performed all d miracles recorded in d gospel??

How would he have given a fine witness to the sameritan woman??

Who would he have encountered d crowd he fed

Now ur asking for scriptures.....

Soon u'll say Jesus was as rich as d modern day charlatans who call themselves follwers of Jesus...
Re: Jesus's Miracles Vs Modern Day Professed Miracle Workers by alexleo(m): 6:34am On May 16, 2012
@poster,
dont mind these modern day church goers. Most pastors this day are engaged in self exhibition. Thats why you see them mount a large bill board of themselves and their wives on the street in the name of preaching Jesus Christ. Even the miracle claim they do in the name of Jesus, when they are advertising it on tv you ll still see that they are just advertising their personality. What about the acrobatic display they do in the course of their so called healing, did Jesus engage in acrobatic display to heal people? You can see that such pastors are just engaging on self exhibition. Sadly though, their members are so blind folded and brainwashed to the extent of not seeing anything wrong with all these show of shame.
Re: Jesus's Miracles Vs Modern Day Professed Miracle Workers by MyJoe: 10:30am On May 16, 2012
I ask you to provide a verse to support your claims that Jesus (1) "went house to house", (2) "went door to door on foot", (3) "went looking for people to heal", and you fly off the handle, throwing handkerchief insults and telling me Jesus walked on the road!

ijawkid:
U want scriptures??
Scriptures are on d way....
Ok. Waiting for them.

ijawkid:
Meanwhile have u checked out d other points or ur pastors have given u some handkerchiefs to block ya eyes...
It's a two inch thick handkerchief.

ijawkid:
Jesus cured 10 lepers,I wonder whether he was on a chariot or on a pullpit when he did that....
Luke 17:15 (NIV)
11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”

Please show where he healed them "door to door" or went "looking for them".

ijawkid:
D woman with d blood flow,wasn't Jesus actually walking by with his disciples on d road?was he on a chariot or on a crusade ground
Please show where I have said Jesus did not walk on the road.

ijawkid:
Jesus moved from place to place where he could meet d down trodden..
Please show where I said he did din't move "from place to place". While you are at it, find out the difference between generalisations, such as "place to place" and specifics, such as "door to door". You may also want to explain where his most famous sermon was given, whether it was a crusade or door to door. When you are through, don't forget to provide that single verse where he went... You are yet to provide it.

ijawkid:
Pick up ur bible and read d gospels and come back to analyze modern day miracle workers...
I don't care about "miracle workers". I'm only interested in your specious claims, but you are in a belligerent mode, so you can't see that.

ijawkid:
Soon u'll say Jesus was as rich as d modern day charlatans who call themselves follwers of Jesus...
*sigh*
Jesus was actually richer than Croesus and Oyedepo put together. Now, ask me for the verse and I will provide it.

(1) (Reply)

Quran 2:191- ‘and Kill Them Wherever You Find Them…’ Explained / ATHEISTS: Why Do Demons Tremble When They Hear This Name?. / What The Great Prophet Said About Hell!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.