Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets (8426 Views)

Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections / Nigerian Police And Assault Rifles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by ceejayluv(m): 7:48pm On May 15, 2012
For anti-riot purposes, rubber bullets are the norm.
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by Faheedat: 8:26pm On May 15, 2012
GOOD and Nice one, no more accidental discharge but THE BIG BOYS ARE CARRY THE LATEST
PLEASE IG ,THINK OF IT BECAUSE OFFICER LIFE NOR BE DOUBLE AT GUNPOINT
WE ARE NOT MATURE FOR THIS AT ALL............................
OFFICER TOO GET FAMILY(WIFE AND CHILDREN INCLUDING DEPENDANTS
PLEASE IG ,DID YOU PUT ANY MEASURE IN PLACE FOR THIS TO WORK
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by moderattor: 9:05pm On May 15, 2012
ceejayluv: For anti-riot purposes, rubber bullets are the norm.
Guy we don't do norm here in Nigeria.
If the rioting crowed realises that the police are rubber-bulleted.
The police are finished!
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by jpphilips(m): 9:57pm On May 15, 2012
i think this should be the breaking point for most officers to resign while human beings take over
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by sureboykris(m): 10:57pm On May 15, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]talk is cheap. Wen do dey hope to effect d plan. How about d change of uniform. All dey know how to do is talk. D NPF needs A̶̲̥̅ total make over. Rubber or paper bullets is not d problem
Y not tap into d NYSC n recruit fresh graduates who will help bring sanity into d force
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by andrewza: 11:15pm On May 15, 2012
moderattor:
Guy we don't do norm here in Nigeria.
If the rioting crowed realises that the police are rubber-bulleted.
The police are finished!

Take it you never been shot with a rubber bullet.
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by sizzlers(m): 12:47am On May 16, 2012
hmm! I de watch
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by gulfer: 6:53am On May 16, 2012
I will say this again!
gulfer: They should remember that Robbers, Kidnappers, Boko Harammers have not dropped their assault weapons. This change in firearms should only apply to Policemen within City patrols; it should actually be Batons and not bullets for them while the anti crime should retain their weapons-they should actually be upgraded.
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by andrewza: 8:40am On May 16, 2012
That how I saw it. I doubt the regular cop on patrol will cary a shot gun with rubber bullets. Normally it pulled out for when there is riot and is used along side shield and baton cops, tear gas and if there is one a Water Cannon. And the cops will still have side arms and access to heavier lethal force.
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by cindyrella(f): 10:32am On May 16, 2012
KINGwax: Nice move, but let's see it these ways,
1. Since i knw d police dnt have a real bullet, i can be ready for trouble anytime including resisting arrest.
2. If police dnt have, mayb the armed robbers will be more happy
3. As i police, knwin i dnt have a real bullet, i can fire at will to any part of a body. An effect which will be dizziness or being hospitalized.
4. Without real bullets, nigeria is doomed, and with real bullets too, we're dead! Either-way, we're finished

grin grin grin grin grin grin funny but true #smh#

@topic

Well Its a welcome development sha, anything to upgrade nigerian police force is welcome....
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by monkvirus(m): 11:21am On May 16, 2012
Well i think the rubber bullets should only be used in instance of riots and not combating crimes. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecidedThats all i have to say concerning this topic. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by vanminister: 2:15pm On May 16, 2012
ALLELUIAH

OLUWA ESE O!

DONT FORGET THAT THERE ARE SOME OTHER GOOD THINGS THAT YOU NEED TO COPY FROM THE WESTERN WORLD. WHAT WE REJOICE ABOUT TODAY IS A BASIC PRACTICE IN THE WW. AFTER

COUNTLESS THOUSANDS HAVE DIED FROM THE HANDS OF HEARTLESS, EMOTIONLESS, 'AFFECTIONLESS' NIGERIA ARMED FORCES?

NIGERIA IS STILL LIVING IN THE 19TH CENTURY BY THE WAY WE TREAT OUR CITIZENS. EVERYONE IN POWER IS AN OPPRESSOR IN THE MAKING AND IN REALITY!

THE COUNTRY STILL HAS A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by imparable7(m): 3:03pm On May 16, 2012
hmmm
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by teecuzy(m): 12:10am On Aug 14, 2012
Arosa:

The implication of this new development is that: by default armed robbers will also use rubber bullets.

Hehehe I didn't say it oooo! Does that mean there is a direct relationship? lwkmd
Re: Nigeria Police To Withdraw Assault Rifles & Introduce Use Of Rubber Bullets by teecuzy(m): 12:14am On Aug 14, 2012
akereconfi: Imagine if d Police wf Rubber Bullet accidentally run into a group like dz @ Pix n d group knws dt these Police are armed wf Rubber Bullet. Chaos, Disaster, Calamity, Hazard.
Poor Policemen.
As if d ones guarding d IG will carry rubber bullet....mtchewwwww

Just imagine an angry police man spraying your life with rubber bullets....you are better off dead....noooo you are a dead man already!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Minister To TCN: Perform Or Bow Out / Look At This Fine Girl Arrested By DSS For Being An IPOB - PHOTOS / Subsidy: "FG Borrowing To Import Fuel" - Zainab Ahmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.