Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,547 members, 7,823,397 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Praising God Changes Lives And Situations. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praising God Changes Lives And Situations. (512 Views)

My Favourite Phrase And How It Changes Lives Globally / Hama Terrorists Complains That The Jewish God Changes The Flight Of Their Rocket / The Benefits Of Praising The Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Praising God Changes Lives And Situations. by naslinks(m): 11:35am On May 15, 2012
MEDITATION OF THE DAY(Acts 16:22-34)
THEME: Praising God changes lives and situations.

In today’s passage from Acts we are told of how the chains fell from the prisoners, including Paul and Silas, after an earthquake shook the foundations of the prison. This can be seen as a picture of God’s intervention to release our souls from the imprisonment of original sin. God loosens the chains. Our baptism has set us free and has left an indelible mark on our character. But like the apostles, we do not run away in our freedom, but are called to stay among those whom God also loves and desires to receive this immense gift. How easy it would have been for Paul and the others to run the minute the chains broke! And yet his concern is tangible as he first saves the prison guard’s physical life, and then aims to save him spiritually by explaining the gospel to him.
Flogged and thrown into prison just for preaching the Gospel — these are what Paul and so many others after him suffered. Yet it didn’t stop them. What does this tell us about the nature of the Gospel and the character of those who truly give their lives in its service? It tells us that there is an urgency and imperative to proclaim the Gospel, which is difficult to resist when one has committed one’s life to its purpose.

PRAYER:Dear Lord, Help me to take a quiet moment and place myself in your presence, particularly during those times when life has made me weary and I lose sight of the forest through the trees.  This is the time I most need your helping hand and wise words.  For more than anything my joy lies in glorifying you.  Amen.
Re: Praising God Changes Lives And Situations. by Snowwy: 11:55am On May 15, 2012
Great!
Re: Praising God Changes Lives And Situations. by ichuka(m): 2:01pm On May 15, 2012
As they began to SING and PRAISE,the LORD set ambushes against the men of Amomon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah,and they were defeated.the men of Amomon and the Moab rose up against the men of from Mount Seir to destroy and annihilate them.after they finished slaughtering the men from Seir,they helped to destroy one another......2Chroncls20:22-23.
Thats one of the effect of Praise.we do nothing,HE does Everything.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Journal Against Nigeria / Are There More Dead People Than Living? / "Where There's No PROJECTION There Will Be No PROGRESSION."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.