Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them (20320 Views)

Sold...Sold...Mercedes Benz / Do You Have Any Accidented Cars? We Can Buy Them! / Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before Paying For Them-episode 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Lekky2: 10:04pm On May 15, 2012
Beware Of Buying Fraudulent Nigerian Used Vehicles

Hello Nlders, this is to advice interested members who may be interested in buying registered vehicle on NL to be wary of some fraudulent advert.

I want members to learn from my mistake so as not to fall prey to fraudsters.Though i hardly talk on NL, but i had a very bitter experience recently as a result of my foolishness arising as a result of trust i had on a Nlder.

I happen to be the buyer of the wine coloured 2008 RAV4 advertised by Damola1. When I saw the pics he posted, I was interested and negotiated the car to N2m from his asking price of N2.250m which he agreed. After then, I asked of the condition of the engine or any fixes to be done on the car after purchase since I am resident in Abuja. He told me the car is in a perfct condition and that there are no fixes to be made. He stated his reason for selling the car as wishing to acquire another car. Bur because of my tight schedule and eagerness to buy the car, I foolishly made a deposit of 500k to his gtb coporate acct without inspection on a Tuesday morning. Reason for my action was that I relied on the verbal assurance he gave me.

Later on, on the preceeding Friday morning i completed the balance payment of N1.5m into his account after which i sent someone to help me pick the car and bring to Abuja on a saturday morning. But alas!No sooner the guy picked the car and the first thing he noticed was an alignment problem on the tyres which was fixed by the seller in a filling station at Ikeja.Then he entered the Lagos-Ibadan expressway to start journey to Abuja and the car started doing high temperature. A bottle of Radiator coolant and a bag of purewater purchased on the highway would not help matter until the car finally broke down at sapade (A village near Ibadan) loosing it's top cylinder gasket.It was the intervention of passers-by that helped push the car to a local mechanic workshop who diagnosed that the top cylinder gasker is burnt together with one sensor cable. This was fixed, even though it cost me fortune. But the most annoying part was that when the top cylinder was removed, it was discovered that the car was accidented as it has weldings on it's chasis frame as seen in the attached pictures.

The engine has been finally coupled, but the car still refuses to start and as at the time of writing this report, it is still at sapade.The person whom i contracted to bring it got frustrated today when all effores gerared at getting the vehicle started proved abortive and had to leave back for Abuja tonight saying he can no longer continue to stay in the bush as this is posing a security threat to his life.

I know i had to pay a big price for my fooloishness for not inspecting the car, but then, does it mean one can no longer trust his fellow country men on cars adverised on NL?

When all these problems were relayed back to the seller, all he could told me was to return the car back to him in the same condition with which it was sold to me and that he will issue me a posdated cheque which i am going to cash one month after i had deliver the vehicle back to him.

Once bitten they say twice shy, i think i had learnt my lessons in a very hard way and would want fellow Nlders to take a cue from it.

This is not the first time i will be buying a vehicle un-ispected as i had bought a 2003 Highlander from US via a dealer in lagos before.
Your comments on this issue are welcome.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by raycomray: 10:33pm On May 15, 2012
The tale tale signs are there that the vehicle was resprayed and likely was "accidented."
I feel ur pains. At one time my staff was scammed on nairaland by one punk at Feastac who advertised a Nokia X7 and he sold a chinese version of the X7 to my staff. Till today, the guy is still posting new products on nairaland. If I decide to display my unusual "scorpion styled" wicked ways and frustrate the guys life by nook or crook, some people will start to preach.

All the same boss, I appreciate your decision to publicly report this transaction. At least some carefree fellows like myself could have fallen prey also.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by sultaan(m): 10:48pm On May 15, 2012
You fell for the oldest trick in the book, damage is done. Paid without inspection, and test drive shocked.

I wonder what that man is doing at the valve cover of a 2008 engine with a wrench, where is his diagnostic tool?

You will need a new engine by the time he is done with it, he may end up buying it from you with your money.

At the point when it died you should have towed it to a better environment in Abuja.

Now you will pay the farmer for srewing your engine and still tow the Rav

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by acidtalk: 10:55pm On May 15, 2012
Just 2days ago I started a thread were people should post their past experiences after the bought Nigerian used cars on Nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/937090/share-experience-nigerian-used-cars

Poster please can you repost this you experience in that thread?

I have been suspicious of the whole lot of people I have been willing to buy car from on this forum. They can't just provide genuine details on some enquiries.

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by doofanc: 11:02pm On May 15, 2012
@op, i truly sympathize with your unfortunate experience.

NONETHELESS, sir, i have to say, with due respect, you will have to take close to 60% of the blame. I'm finding it very hard to understand the level of trust you'll have for a person you met on a faceless forum that would compel you to part with a whooping N2m without physically inspecting the car?? moreso when the its not brand new or even direct toks?

no matter how busy you claim you were, you would have, at the very least, gotten a trusted mechanic to help inspect the car since you wouldn't be able to go there yourself.

Anyway the deed has been done, but it will be interesting to hear what the dealer in question has to say.

2 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by damola1: 11:46pm On May 15, 2012
Good Evening Sir,

I continue to remind you, your trust is absolutely not misplaced whenever you deal with myself. Absolutely not misplaced. I don't sell cars, this is my first sold car here.

Please have the car sent back, and a full refund will be arranged accordingly. You got my baby for a steal.

In response to your post:

Lekky 2 wrote:
Then he entered the Lagos-Ibadan expressway to start journey to Abuja and the car started doing high temperature. A bottle of Radiator coolant and a bag of purewater purchased on the highway would not help matter until the car finally broke down at sapade (A village near Ibadan) loosing it's top cylinder gasket....

Please be aware, your driver wrote in an email to me; 15 May 2012 06:47

' It started overheating right from Berger Lagos, even the radiator coolant and bags of sachet water I brought could not subside the overheating and by the time it got to Redemption camp the temperature had risen to the highest therefore burnt the top cylinder casket and the engine stopped working.'

I have used only 16k miles in this car since 2008, and it's never had over heating problems, but that aside, Please, why would anyone drive a car that started overheating from Berger to Redemption camp. Do you know the distance or time covered at all? was he blind all through? and am sure he's probably blowing the AC all through.. When you called me, you made it clear, the radiator was blocked, and that it'll have to be flushed. Don't you think if your driver had simply taken the basic precaution of checking why there's a temp rise at berger , the cylinder casket wouldn't have had any issues?

Lekky 2 wrote:
The engine has been finally coupled, but the car still refuses to start and as at the time of writing this report, it is still at sapade.The person whom i contracted to bring it got frustrated today when all effores gerared at getting the vehicle started proved abortive and had to leave back for Abuja tonight saying he can no longer continue to stay in the bush as this is posing a security threat to his life.

I am very sorry to hear this, I am supposed to travel by thursday, but will gladly cancel and arrange to pick up the vehicle tommorrow, but we must have to come to a mutual understanding.

I am respected among peers for customer satisfaction not here anyways, especially after sales support, and my motive for being in any dealing with anyone is to have a win win situation. I will try everything within my capacity to see that we both smile.

Thank you.

Damola

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by NnamdiChidi(m): 1:59am On May 16, 2012
sorry bro,i had d same experience wit u but i was fortunate to notice it on time.It was in naira land someone posted a reg toyota 2006 corolla for sale,after various calls,i decided to travel to lag to inspect d vehicle only to discover dat d toyota was highly accidented at d passehger side.He was aware so he had to snap d driver side dats clean n post on net.Pls next time create chance to inspect cars u want to buy

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by bisi16(m): 2:10am On May 16, 2012
Why on earth will you pay for a car you haven't inspected? Ehn?! Its oyibo pple dat behave dis way.. Sorry tho
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by txswat: 2:42am On May 16, 2012
While the seller has posted a "reasonable" response what I am curious about is did you (buyer) know the vehicle had been in an accident? Looking at those pictures that car was probably in a pretty significant accident and the repair job that was done to it is "very poor" at best.
As a dealer/seller people ought to show a little intergrity and let potential buyers know the history of the car; especially when you can easily check the information on carfax or autocheck. I always warn people if it seems too good to be true then IT PROBABLY IS!!! Always spend a little more to get something that'll put your mind at peace; in the end it's always worth it.

I hope both parties can work something out, but to all potential buyers please so your homework before you pay your hard earned cash for anything. Best wishes guys......
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Lekky2: 9:56am On May 16, 2012
@ Sultaan,
You mention the mechanic opening the valve cover. Yes he will. Reason being that it has been confirmed that the top cylinder gasket was burnt.
This is because oil was seen to have mixed with the radiator water. To change this gasket, the top cylinder (which is almost half part of the engine needs to be removed)I happen to be a Mechanical Engineer by profession.
@ damola 1,
Even though i had vowed not discusss with you on this matter again.But since you had contributed to this thread as a seller. Let me point to you the mistakes you made;
1. You already know the car was accidented and that's why you never showed the front part of the vehicle in the advertised pics until when i insisted.When i asked you why the bonnect and front bumper was sprayed,you told me that it was because of light scratches here and there on the fron t bumper since you drive the vehicle in Lagos.
2.You priced the car very cheap because of the salvage nature of the car.
3.When i asked you questions as per the soundness of the car, you answered in the affirmative.
4.When you were told that the car was giving problem on the road, all you could say was that you would call your mechanic and ask. Since you already know what you sold,you never bother to call back again to find out how far. I've been the one calling.
5.Like i said, once bitten, twice shy they say.I don't see myself fallen in this kind of fraud again since i can never buy any car on NL again be it registered or tokunbo.My belief is that virtually all sellers on NL are the same (Though i may be wrong and i stand to be corrected)Reason why i am saying this is that during the time when this car was advertised, inspired motors too commented on the advert saying he knows the history of the car very well with the previous owner, and this gave me a double assurance that the car will have no issue and i state this clearly in my original post for people to see. We in Abuja here know inspired motor for his intergrity in all the businesses he has done so far with people on NL.S

Finally, a word of advice to sellers on NL is that they should learn to say the truth, however bitter it is. Though i am a muslim (An Alhaji for that matter)But the Bible said "Ye shall say the truth and the truth shall set you free".
Last year i boughta Tokunbo 2005 Nissan Sentra for my wife in Wuse 2 Abuja here. The seller declared to us that the car had a minor accident in Canada, but had been fixed,i ran an auto check and confirm it is true.
For this truthfulness of his, i decided to buy the car and never had any issue with it after purchase.
Similarly, sellers on NL should take a cue from this and imbibe the spirit of open-mindedness.This will go alongway to increase people's confidence and remove doubt from peoples mind on all products advertised on NL.
Damola, you may not bother to have the car back since God has answered your prayer, at least one "Mumu"fas fallen into your net.I don't need to boast or make mouth here, The maximum that can happen is for me to replace the engine of that car as someone adviced and i am up to the task.I had told you before where i work in Abuja nad that you dont do one business to close shop.You do business for contniuty purpose. But remenber i equally told you that business is done based on "Trust"and since you have betrayed that trust, i wish you well in your future endeavoues.
But my belief is that whether home or abroad, our path will always cross to meet.

18 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by doctokwus: 10:23am On May 16, 2012
Alhaji,its unfortunate.Its not only in d car biz,but in many other bizs in nigeria,particularly internet posted,dat u c nigerians giving no qualms with lies,fake posts,all in bid to defraud their fellow man;its a disease dat has almost eaten into d fabric of d nigerian society.But,console urself dat u av not bn ruined wt dis bad transaction& dough taken for granted,Karma(what u reap shall u sow)does still happen.

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Lekky2: 11:57am On May 16, 2012
Dear All, Thanx very much for your advice, effort and concern. As i am writng this mail, the car is about to be towed to ibadan town at a cost of 25k after i had spent over 100k to get it fixed.
I have strongly been adviced to buy another engine and install it, if i want the vehicle back on the road.
Can anyone in the house give me an idea of how much the engine will cost?
Ur advices and inputs are welcome please.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Malabeni: 12:41pm On May 16, 2012
Dear Alhaji,I empathise with you.It's really pathetic,why must most people be this selfish and wicked in business. I run a private business, and I know that customers deserve respect and transparency so I get over the egde when I see people treat customers like trash in Nigeria.Your story has made me rescind an already taken decision to procure a car using this forum since it's in tandem with a friend's earlier warning concerning it. Please do seek redress if this auto seller has a traceable address.Regards
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by ayojango(m): 1:41pm On May 16, 2012
This is so fraudulent no matter what,d buyer too shuld have inspected the vehicle I think d money should b returned immediately,inform SEUN,SIENA and inspired on ds matter N2M wil buy u a brand new solid ride.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by coogar: 2:32pm On May 16, 2012
Lekky 2: Dear All, Thanx very much for your advice, effort and concern. As i am writng this mail, the car is about to be towed to ibadan town at a cost of 25k after i had spent over 100k to get it fixed.
I have strongly been adviced to buy another engine and install it, if i want the vehicle back on the road.
Can anyone in the house give me an idea of how much the engine will cost?
Ur advices and inputs are welcome please.

but damola has vowed to refund your money and other expenses made by you or
your driver. if i were you, i would take the refund and do a personal inspection
plus a test drive in the future. there's no need to install another engine if you
are not satisfied with the purchase. if you fix the engine, what if something else
goes wrong apart from the engine? you would come back again and complain?

2 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Lekky2: 3:11pm On May 16, 2012
Dear Coogar,
Thanks very much for your concern.
Damola is very smart guy.He sent me a mail to return the vehicle back in the same conditiion with which he sold it to me and afterwards, he will issue me a post-dated cheque which i can only CASH one good month after the vehicle was returned back to him.
I am fully aware that having purchased a nigerian used vehicle, you must spent some money to put in the shape you wanted.
Thats why when my driver who went to pick the vehicle first complained that there were about 5 indicator lights that were permenently "ON" on the dashboard, i told him not to worry and that we can fix that when he gets to Abuja not knowing that the car would not even reach ibadan.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by damola1: 3:56pm On May 16, 2012
Lekky 2:
@ damola 1,
Even though i had vowed not discusss with you on this matter again.But since you had contributed to this thread as a seller. Let me point to you the mistakes you made;
1. You already know the car was accidented and that's why you never showed the front part of the vehicle in the advertised pics until when i insisted.When i asked you why the bonnect and front bumper was sprayed,you told me that it was because of light scratches here and there on the fron t bumper since you drive the vehicle in Lagos.
2.You priced the car very cheap because of the salvage nature of the car.
3.When i asked you questions as per the soundness of the car, you answered in the affirmative.
4.When you were told that the car was giving problem on the road, all you could say was that you would call your mechanic and ask. Since you already know what you sold,you never bother to call back again to find out how far. I've been the one calling.
5.Like i said, once bitten, twice shy they say.I don't see myself fallen in this kind of fraud again since i can never buy any car on NL again be it registered or tokunbo.My belief is that virtually all sellers on NL are the same (Though i may be wrong and i stand to be corrected)Reason why i am saying this is that during the time when this car was advertised, inspired motors too commented on the advert saying he knows the history of the car very well with the previous owner, and this gave me a double assurance that the car will have no issue and i state this clearly in my original post for people to see. We in Abuja here know inspired motor for his intergrity in all the businesses he has done so far with people on NL.S

1. The bonnet was not sprayed, only the bumber was, and the reason still remains the same.

2. You purchased the car 80% of the current retail value. Please return the car, and you'll get your full refund back as proposed.

3. The car is in perfectly working condition, or how else did your man arrive at Berger with the car, don't you think he would have halted the transaction if the car wasn't what it's promised to be. He checked the car before we signed the deed of agreement. and called you all through.

4. Point of reminder, I was going to use this same vehicle to send down to Abuja, a dispatch bike that belonged to me , in fact, we spent close to 5mins. on the phone talking about this, but you declined out rightly. Do you think I would ever consider that option if you were been played. A public transport was used to send the same bike to Abuja last Sunday.

The point is very simple. I haven't used that vehicle for close to over 6 months, it sat in my garage all through. Maybe, that's why the radiator was blocked. But only a novice or a foolish man like your driver will see the temp. of a vehicle rise, especially for a just recently acquired vehicle and he wouldn't take appropriate precaution to find out why.

The engine was in perfect working condition, it's been serviced by elizade, and I can show you the the papers since I picked it up, only later did I use other mech.

This vehicle had an issue, not because it's a Nigerian used car, but because the driver did not take note of the signs, and forced it to coma.

Lekky 2: Dear Coogar,
Thanks very much for your concern.
Damola is very smart guy.He sent me a mail to return the vehicle back in the same conditiion with which he sold it to me and afterwards, he will issue me a post-dated cheque which i can only CASH one good month after the vehicle was returned back to him.
I am fully aware that having purchased a nigerian used vehicle, you must spent some money to put in the shape you wanted.
Thats why when my driver who went to pick the vehicle first complained that there were about 5 indicator lights that were permenently "ON" on the dashboard, i told him not to worry and that we can fix that when he gets to Abuja not knowing that the car would not even reach ibadan.

Do you expect me to pay the price for the foolishness of your driver? or in what condition do you want me to get it back?

Do you think I sold the car to keep the money in the bank?... It's my money and I can do as I well please.. or did your driver carry the car on his head or keep the car in a garage, he drove it!.. I asked you for a month, so that I can get the car sold to someone that appreciates it and whatever needs to be balanced will be paid. But when you declined, I asked you to make a counter offer, so that we can come to a mutual agreement, but you stopped communicating.

The money you paid is no more valuable than the car. I landed that vehicle for way above 3.5M, paid adexfem 550k and sold it for 2M. in fact, I sold it for less, cos I had to buy an extra tire just for you, even though I had told you I wouldn't do that.. So , please.

For me to own a 3.5M car, I am not an hungry man. Alhamdulilahi for that. Please return the vehicle in the condition you acquired it, and I will refund you the money in full.

I also just found another key in my drawer for the vehicle, I could have it sent to your address in Abuja. Please advise.

Lekky 2: But my belief is that whether home or abroad, our path will always cross to meet.

I am a very simple person. Our path will definite cross very soon as I intend to visit your office in Abuja inshallah in about 6 weeks and will call you. And if you do come to Lagos, my home is open to your visit. And I will remind you of the same statements I made here.

4 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by txswat: 4:26pm On May 16, 2012
@ Lekky 2 what is the VIN of the car so I can give you an idea of what the engine would cost?

On another note if the seller is willing to refund your money IMMEDIATELY then I think you should seriously consider going that route. Buying used engines in naija can be a tricky thing sometimes. Importing a good used engine from the US from a trusted source might be the better option of the two but shipping might be cost prohibitive. I think the conclusion here is some money has gone down the drain so how much more are you willing to spend one way or another.

@ damola 1 please offer to refund the money immediately you receive the car so your reputation can be restored.

Best wishes gentleman.....

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Lekky2: 4:47pm On May 16, 2012
Dear Damola,
Let us put the issue of high temperature on one side. You equally claimed the car was in good working condition and serviced by Elizade motor initially.
What about the poor weldings on the chasis and frame? Was this done by Elizade too? During our verbal discussion, you admitted that the radiator was changed when the car had an accident.By this statement, you admitted that the car was accidented.
This what gives rise to the differing 5 sensor signals appearing on the dash board.
logically again, you claimed you bought the car for about N3.5m and paid extra 550k for it's clearance.You hardly use it because it covers only 16,000 miles and you agree to sell it for N2m. Why? it's simply because of the salvage value which you never disclose to me during negotitation.
The point i am driving at is that, next time try and display open-mindedness in business transaction as it goes a long way to foster good business relationship.
I acted foolishly because i worked in an American based organisation in abuja here and that is the way we were trained to behave.
you also claimed you do transact business with our lagos office, anyway that is no prblem as our legal department are already working on the compliance of your past transactions with us because this was seen as an integrity issue.
Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by ayojango(m): 4:54pm On May 16, 2012
Damola ur just a crook,and a fraudster hoW d hell will u b callin his driver foolish,I bought somethin for 2M 2M I expect it to give me a smooth transmission,return d fuckin money jare.

2 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by damola1: 5:00pm On May 16, 2012
Lekky 2: Dear Damola,
Let us put the issue of high temperature on one side. You equally claimed the car was in good working condition and serviced by Elizade motor initially.
What about the poor weldings on the chasis and frame? Was this done by Elizade too? During our verbal discussion, you admitted that the radiator was changed when the car had an accident.By this statement, you admitted that the car was accidented.
This what gives rise to the differing 5 sensor signals appearing on the dash board.
logically again, you claimed you bought the car for about N3.5m and paid extra 550k for it's clearance.You hardly use it because it covers only 16,000 miles and you agree to sell it for N2m. Why? it's simply because of the salvage value which you never disclose to me during negotitation.
The point i am driving at is that, next time try and display open-mindedness in business transaction as it goes a long way to foster good business relationship.
I acted foolishly because i worked in an American based organisation in abuja here and that is the way we were trained to behave.
you also claimed you do transact business with our lagos office, anyway that is no prblem as our legal department are already working on the compliance of your past transactions with us because this was seen as an integrity issue.

You cannot put the issue of temperature on one side, cos, that's why the vehicle is dead.

Please return the car back in a good condition, and within 2 week your full payment will be refunded. You've got a car way above its market value. Nobody is playing anyone here. Return the vehicle back please.

I know what I gave you.

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by damola1: 5:19pm On May 16, 2012
ayo jango: Damola ur just a crook,and a fraudster hoW d hell will u b callin his driver foolish,I bought somethin for 2M 2M I expect it to give me a smooth transmission,return d fuckin money jare.

The driver is foolish because for any car to develop any fault, it will start showing signs long before. The radiator of the car was blocked, most likely due to dirts and nothing more since it's sitting down there for quite sometime. A simple flushing will put everything in order. I drove that car about 2 weeks after it's pulled out of my garage between home and office and it never developed any fault. The driver saw this signs, and due to his eagerness to arrive abuja on time, ignored it. He didn't call me and no one did until the gasket went gaput. And you expect me to tell him he's shrewd. Lets call a spade a spade, else we will become a spade.

I am ready to return the 'fuckin' money. I have even asked to go and check the car out with my mech. while cancelling my itinerary, yet the buyer declined. What more would you have me do?

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by bigx(m): 5:23pm On May 16, 2012
Reading from both sides since yesterday, I believe

1.) The driver is at fault for driving an over-heating car, that's what killed the engine. Any novice would be aware that over-heating would blow a car's top gasket but he was probably in a hurry / not aware

2.) The OP was not clear about the previous accident on the car.

@Lekky 2, I think to avoid bad blood, you should accept the full refund you're being offered, there's no point spending on buying a new engine and any further repairs yet bearing a grudge against the seller who's offered a full refund here, if he doesn't have the cash immediately, get a reputable person or lawyer and sign an agreement on the exact time the cash would be paid.

Its a small world and we are all adults, 2m shouldn't cause all this wahala,

6 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Malabeni: 6:20pm On May 16, 2012
I'm begining to see sincerity on the part of Damola. He has done what any honourable business man does,offering refund in a veried case of dissatisfaction. @poster,heed to the advice of bigx,return the car and take back your money. I can see responsibility from both parties. @poster,please if you choose not to take the refund,do lay down your grudge and bicker no more. Good business reputation costs a fortune to build. Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Gafaar: 6:50pm On May 16, 2012
Alhaji am happy u are a muslim, accept it and leave everything to Almighty Allah to judge. Also d way i access u, you are more than two millions, just pray to Allah to continuing showering his blessing on u i pray to Almighty 2 make u afford more dan this

2 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Lekky2: 7:47pm On May 16, 2012
@ Gafaar. I quite agree with your response.I don't think i have all the time to be arguing on the internet because like you said i am more than N2m.That is why i hardly talk on NL
But for those that were clamouring that i return the car and have my money refunded, they should not forget the fact that i still need to fix the car in order for it to be driven back to point of purchase or am i going to tow it from ibadan back to Lagos and even if i do, is Damola ready to take it back from me in that condition.
Meanwhile the seller who initially was hell bent on making refund one month after delivery has again changed it to 2 weeks.You all can see the inconsistency in his statement.
Lawyer or no lawyer, what makes one believe that this kind of person who sold an accidented car as non-accidented can not do worst things greater than that.At least, "first impression they say last longer"

3 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by tomialph(m): 8:37pm On May 16, 2012
Lekky 2, Any sane Nigerian Man would have been threatening Damola with soldiers or police by now, but given that you are peace-loving,gentle and Godly you have decided to deal with the issue maturedly. I commend you seriously for this. May God continue to bless you.
Please if you would not take the refund terms of damola, I'd strongly advice you don't interfere in his business with your company. Let God judge if He has done wrong or not.
I pray you resolve the issue as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by ayojango(m): 8:54pm On May 16, 2012
@ damola just return his money you deceived him right from the outset,lekky 2 am with d directorate of public proSecutions I'll help you deal with him.I'll handle d case free of charge its pple like these that giv d country a bad name

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by fm7070: 10:22pm On May 16, 2012
Let's be fair when judging.
1. If the buyer made the mistake of not testing the car properly before final deal, well, you trusted the seller at your own expense. What was the basis of your trust?However, note that you're buying a used car. Not new.

2. The person you asked to pick the car is not a good driver, or I can say bad car handler. If not, he was supposed to test-drive the car properly on your behalf and take note of every little fault it develops. Top gasket cannot just burn if the driver is careful and observant enough. Moreover, he was driving this car for the first time.

3. When he noticed that the car was overheating, he should have waited there for the car to cool down and then drive it back to the seller. Then, you would have a better case of refund.

4. On the path of the seller, he should have stated the true status of the car, although he may claim his car is OK. However, that's what you hear from every seller unless proven otherwise. That is why it is very important to go with reliable and trust-worthy mechanics

TO THE BUYER: My candid advice for you is to come down and check the car properly, if the top gasket/cylinder is the only major problem, I will advice you to change the top gasket and the cylinder as well. Change the cylinder and let life goes on. If not, you can file for refund. But don't expect 100% refund

3 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by tomialph(m): 10:22pm On May 16, 2012
ayo jango: @ damola just return his money you deceived him right from the outset,lekky 2 am with d directorate of public proSecutions I'll help you deal with him.I'll handle d case free of charge its pple like these that giv d country a bad name
please stop fanning the embers of discord.

2 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 16, 2012
tomialph: Lekky 2, Any sane Nigerian Man would have been threatening Damola with soldiers or police by now, but given that you are peace-loving,gentle and Godly you have decided to deal with the issue maturedly. I commend you seriously for this. May God continue to bless you.
Please if you would not take the refund terms of damola, I'd strongly advice you don't interfere in his business with your company. Let God judge if He has done wrong or not.
I pray you resolve the issue as soon as possible.
op should go to court. spend 200k on a legal fees, spend another 200k on returning the car back to how it was when purchased. take back ur N1.5m and go get a good car.

Now all parties are/were guilty.

Op was too zealous by not going with a mechanic and he himself having little knowledge about cars.
Seller was dishonest becos of money
Driver was so foolish to have driven a car for over 10kms with very hot temp. The driver is a destroyer

3 Likes

Re: Make Sure You Inspect Vehicles Before You Buy Them by purefella(m): 10:43pm On May 16, 2012
out!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2017 Model Toyota Corolla Sportz Toks Full Option / 2014 Model Benz E350 4matic Toks Full Option Selling Cheap / Just In Black 2016 Merecedes Benz GLC300 4matic Selling @32.5m ABJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.