Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Mancini: City Continue 'silly' Spending - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mancini: City Continue 'silly' Spending (760 Views)

PHOTO - Balotelli And Mancini Involved In Training Ground Bust / Balotelli And Mancini In Training Ground Fight / Inter Milan coach Mancini: I'd love to sign Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mancini: City Continue 'silly' Spending by yakoyo1: 6:02am On May 16, 2012
Manchester City Manager Roberto Mancini maintains his squad needs to be reinforced this summer for the club to retain their Premier League title and also challenge for the Champions League trophy. The Italian wants to build on this season Premier League’s success and win the Champions League next season.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-eSaDRLgmp98/T7FpgpbP9MI/AAAAAAAAIvQ/YVyWO6l3vqY/s400/ManciniTrophy_s.jpg[/img]

The Club Chairman, Khaldoon al-Mubarak feels the squad is already strong and there’s no need to spend lavishly like the previous summers. However, Mancini said: "Barcelona and Real Madrid every year buy two or three players and spend a lot of money. I think for Manchester City it must be the same. We must spend to compete with them.

Manchester United Manager, Sir Alex Fergusson has earlier described his ‘noisy’ neighbour’s spending as stupid. Speaking at the club’s Player of the Year awards dinner, he said: “"We invest in young players. That is what we are good at – we're not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that City are going to spend fortunes, pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that.

Mancini has plans to sign Arsenal Striker Robin van Persie and Lille’s Eden Hazard, but the club must sell first in order to comply with the UEFA’s financial fair play regulations. Manchester City last year recorded a loss of £197 and could balance their books by offloading the likes of Adam Johnson, Eden Dzeko, Emmanuel Adebayor and Carlos Tevez.

http://ifootballtrends..co.uk/2012/05/mancini-city-continue-stupid-spending.html
Re: Mancini: City Continue 'silly' Spending by apoti(m): 7:37am On May 16, 2012
Please don't even go near my Robin Van Persie. You can buy all the players in the world but RVP is no go area cool

(1) (Reply)

The Autobiography Of Gary Neville / "I Hate To Admit It,Messi's the Best!"Guti Haz / Manchester United Should Avoid Rude Ibrahimovic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.