Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,035 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile (10145 Views)

BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man / GT Bank Becomes First Nigerian Bank To Join Black Friday / Fund Your Paypal Using GT Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Faheedat: 2:36pm On May 17, 2012
GT BANK NOR ANY OTHER BANKS FOR THAT MATTER WILL NEVER ASK YOU TO UPDATE YOUR PROFILE ONLINE BY GIVING OUT YOUR BANKING DETAILS SUCH AS USERNAME, PASSWORDS AND ATM CARDS PIN.
The smart guys are at work and you need to be careful
Finally, i expect everybody to know his or her account officer and if you have issues Call him or her or walk straight to the nearest branch for all the necessary assistance and support through your Customer care manager
YOU ARE WARNED
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by naira4ever(m): 3:40pm On May 17, 2012
lilkech:

how dare you say such a thing? Dat 9jarians cant do Such cheap stuff?

never never ever ever under estimate the power of 9ja

by the way, are you sure you are a 9jarian?

I beg, tell am. Let Mr. moderator tell us what a determined and well prepared armed robber (Hacker) can or can not do. Is it not possible for one to be in oversea country and be throwing arrows to Nigerian email addresses. Just go ahead and make the silly mistake of clicking a fraudulently coded website link sent to your email thinking you want to see a website, then you will hear it say true true God na father of all nations.
I am talking from experience. It was God's wisdom that saved my laptop from being jammed.
You don't believe that? o.k.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by KokoBeware: 5:39pm On May 17, 2012
Bro Nigerian hackers are not capable of that yet.
Just like saying Nigerian Boko can bomb a 9/11 scale in the US.

Dude you dont know the network this people have...... Never underestimate anything Nigerian.. else you'll learn the hard way...
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 17, 2012
i get the mails everyday! GTB account suspension!
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by healthexpert: 8:47pm On May 17, 2012
Even if am Blind, I can detect it right away. Anything far from GTBank.com or https://ibank.gtbank.com/ibank3/login.aspx na fake.

But some people will still fall for this. Thx to poster for alerting us.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by meracool(m): 11:42pm On May 17, 2012
wonderz: This shouldn't be on the front page. BTW why is it that only GTB website is being scammed all the time?
Excatly my thought why GTB...
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by mbulela: 10:02am On May 18, 2012
efosanice: it's amazing how GTB does nothing about this websites, and GTB is really not doing anything about it and this makes me wanna close down my GTB account. i dont have these issues with other banks that i use.

No one has explained to us why this problem is unique to GTB amongst Nigerian banks.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Nobody: 11:16am On May 18, 2012
mbulela:
No one has explained to us why this problem is unique to GTB amongst Nigerian banks.
Most young entrepreneurs use GTB from back in the day when other banks were slobs unlike now when most of them have caught up except for a miserable few. The people behind this are aiming at that audience and its possible GTB email database leaked.

For those of you who think this is special, well its not. This is nothing more than an online form, you fill it and automatically your details are sent to the linked box. Nothing special at all. Their tactic could be different but there is nothing special here. Maybe I see it like this because I am a website designer part time.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Lakesite22(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2012
Bleep
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 18, 2012
i did click d link more than once bcs i operaje gtbank.gmail just notified me that a u.s ipaddress logd into my acct yesterday i had to change my password immdtly!
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by thehomer: 2:46pm On May 18, 2012
olumyde5: I checked my email today and I saw an mail from GT bank asking me to update my details on their website, from the moment I saw the mail I knew it was a false mail, I checked it all the same to confirm it, I checked the mail and I clicked on the link that was provided on the mail and surprisingly I was redirected to http://www.mybestcomputergames.com/online.html below are the detail of Info I saw on the false website. The first image is the email I got, the second image is the details of the false website and the third is the actual GT Bank Website Details Spread the news. front Page Pls

What you did is quite risky. You're not supposed to click on such links from your e-mail because you could be directed to sites with spyware which can infect your system if you're not careful.
Also, you could help by reporting those sites at least if you're using Firefox or Google Chrome.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by akintayo1(m): 11:32pm On May 18, 2012
i also received this same e-mail.but the moment i saw it i knew it is fake,immediately i trash it away.
Re: Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile by uyobaby: 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
hmmmm this is a serious issue oh
u guys wont believe it happened to me just 2 minutes ago.
am a signatory to a company account that i and my biz partner just opened and i was the one that set up the internet banking just 3days ago, so when i got the mail, i quickly opened it cos av been receiving mails from the bank recently.
After i clicked the https link, it took me to a gtbank internet banking login but to my surprise the url was a very funny one that i couldnt even pronounce, thats when i knew it was a scam
God really saved me cos i was about to login when i noticed the url.
But its a pity that some people will fall for it cos it looks real.
LESSON: ALWAYS CHECK THE WEBSITE ADDRESS ON ANY LINK YOU FOLLOW TO CONFIRM U ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE.
I ADMIRE 9JA PEEPS SHA. WHATEVER WE DO, WE DO VERY WELL.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Step By Step Guide To Start Information Selling Business In Nigeria / Kinnevik’s Investment In Konga Further Deteriorated In Nine Months / Make Money From Sewing Boxers Underwear In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.