Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Do People Still Click Adverts? Share You Experience - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do People Still Click Adverts? Share You Experience (756 Views)

Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? / Do People Still Click Ads? / Do You Experience Low CPC On Adsense Earnings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Still Click Adverts? Share You Experience by Timileyin(m): 7:59pm On May 16, 2012
Does it really make sense hoping on making some money from absence or web Adverts in general. considering the fact that Google places the same adverts over and over on all our sites. How much was the highest you made and what is your traffic like? i get traffic of over 700 sometimes with no clicks somethings.
Re: Do People Still Click Adverts? Share You Experience by Mcleo007(m): 8:49pm On May 16, 2012
Timileyin: Does it really make sense hoping on making some money from absence or web Adverts in general. considering the fact that Google places the same adverts over and over on all our sites. How much was the highest you made and what is your traffic like? i get traffic of over 700 sometimes with no clicks somethings.

Lol. IMO, a very high percentage of people don't click on ads when they visit a website. I think Google pays website owners on the platform of page impression, when the clicks don't rake up. Hence, with a regular traffic hit of 700, u should be making a decent income off Google.
Re: Do People Still Click Adverts? Share You Experience by Timileyin(m): 10:02pm On May 16, 2012
Well i use adrite, and don't charge per impression.
Re: Do People Still Click Adverts? Share You Experience by chrishenzo: 6:09am On May 17, 2012
You make a very nice observation. You get clicks depending on the country that visit your website most. If countries like USA,England, Canada, Germany, etc visit your website most, I don't think you will get more clicks compare to when countries like Nigeria, Ghana, China, Cameroun, etc visit your country.

The main reason is this; most of the people in USA,Canada, etc have their personal computers. Most can differentiate between site content and the ads on your site. Moreover, since they are using their personal computer, they can simply install adblock to their computer and no ads will appear again in any website they visit.

Compare this to someone visiting your site from Nigeria, it is likely that the person will be visiting from a cybercafe. Beside the person might not know what is an ad and is likely to click on it.

If you doubt my analysis, ask Seun to tell you what percentage of clicks he get from Nigeria visitors compare to clicks he get from countries like UK, USA.

Again, the last time I check out the current users of Adblock(for firefox alone), it is 14,235,991 users. Wow!! that is more than 7million dollar lost.

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Click Adverts? Share You Experience by moderattor: 1:34pm On May 17, 2012
Since this year, i dont think i've seen any advert on any website smiley
My eyes are just so trained that i cant see them anymore.
I know it now happens to a lot of people. Like In Nairaland, been years i clicked on any ad last on this site.
I just instinctively ignore them. its now part of me. (Sorry to Seun on this smiley )
Re: Do People Still Click Adverts? Share You Experience by Timileyin(m): 2:49pm On May 17, 2012
Yeah, that's the thing.its coupled with the fact that its the same adverts we see most types on all the sites. So I guess we should not blame sites that A̶̲̥̅®ε̲̣̣̣̥ deciding to charge cash rather than waiting to make moni from clicks
Re: Do People Still Click Adverts? Share You Experience by zangiff(m): 2:32pm On May 18, 2012
Foriegn clicks makes a lot of sense oohh especially from uk and us.its only in naija you see tradestable everytime and everywhere,change ur ip and check your blog to see what i mean
Re: Do People Still Click Adverts? Share You Experience by mavintick: 4:50pm On May 18, 2012
there are ways you could decrease the display of same ads on your site.

(1) (Reply)

How to Get Fully Approved Adsense Account / Freelance Sites / Phpadmin Shwing Error Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.