Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Help Needed. Joomla Or Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Needed. Joomla Or Wordpress (1264 Views)

Please Who Knows Any Joomla Or Wordpress Theme Similar To Jumia Or Konga.com / Is There A Free Bulk Sms Extension For Joomla Or Any Cms ? / Joomla,drupal Or Wordpress Which Do I Use!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed. Joomla Or Wordpress by ace1(m): 1:18pm On May 18, 2012
Please I need your help on which direction to go. I have been asked to design a kiddies website. The features are to include video streaming, audio streaming, interactivity (Registration, Feed back forms etc), games (integrated) and many more. Please which CMS is best for this? Between Joomla and Wordpress, which will do a better job. And, can you pls point me to a site where kiddies online games can be sourced from or bought to be integrated.

Thanks
Re: Help Needed. Joomla Or Wordpress by Timileyin(m): 1:30pm On May 18, 2012
Well, joomla will be better for that projects,all most all the component need for this are avaliable and free, email me for more details shaa crystallinehills@yahoo.com
Re: Help Needed. Joomla Or Wordpress by yawatide(f): 4:39pm On May 18, 2012
First off, will this website be updated frequently and they prefer to do the updating? If not, then a CMS is too much, in terms of installation, etc.

If yes, then I would opt for Joomla - easier to follow and work with. and for the clients, it has a very low learning curve (for updating)

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Help Needed. Joomla Or Wordpress by ace1(m): 5:07pm On May 18, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
First off, will this website be updated frequently and they prefer to do the updating? If not, then a CMS is too much, in terms of installation, etc.

If yes, then I would opt for Joomla - easier to follow and work with. and for the clients, it has a very low learning curve (for updating)

Good luck!

Yes, contents will be updated regularly and they want it in a way where registered users can upload content.

Timileyin: Well, joomla will be better for that projects,all most all the component need for this are avaliable and free, email me for more details shaa crystallinehills@yahoo.com
Thanks, can you pls tell which components I can use and where I can get Games to integrate?
Re: Help Needed. Joomla Or Wordpress by ace1(m): 5:14pm On May 18, 2012
@Timileyin just sent you a mail
Re: Help Needed. Joomla Or Wordpress by Jayjuice(m): 10:29am On Aug 30, 2012
hello all...i see myself as an "intermediate" web designer.i wld love to design an online catalog/dictionary,with words and their meaning..which cms wld be preferable??
Re: Help Needed. Joomla Or Wordpress by guru01(m): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
@ace1,
Am a joomla expert, we can work together and share the money accordingly.

Re: Help Needed. Joomla Or Wordpress by Segunagagu(m): 6:46pm On Sep 01, 2012
Plssssssssss I also want to learn and be an expert in joomla and wordpress..plsssss any ebook or any site where I can teach my sef...thanks ..
Re: Help Needed. Joomla Or Wordpress by hostingnaija: 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2012
ace1:

Thanks, can you pls tell which components I can use and where I can get Games to integrate?

You can source the flash games for the Mochimedia Publisher Center: http://www.mochimedia.com/publishers/index.html It is free, has a lot of games to choose from and you earn a percentage from the ad revenue the games generate (we have no affiliation to it, just to mention).
If you want exclusive games, i would suggest for you to look into flash games sponsoring, http://fgl.com is a marketplace for flash games.
Re: Help Needed. Joomla Or Wordpress by emekaD3(m): 3:50am On Sep 03, 2012
Nigerians and joomla... Wordpress is the easiest joor and more flexible.
No matter what my client wants there is always a wordpress plugin for it, Always

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Make Money Offering Email Marketing Services On Fiverr / I Need Someone To Run My Social Network With Me (FREE) / If You Have 6k Right Now, Come & Carry This Blog I Want To Sell It ASAP!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.