Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,959 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases (50236 Views)

Some Yoruba Words I Wish To Know In English / Some Yoruba Parents Are WICKED!! / Simple Yoruba Words / Phrases And Sentences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by aznshorty(f): 3:26pm On Nov 16, 2007
Am an Asian girl and I've got a Negerian bf, i wanna learn some to make my bf surprised, can u guys teach me some?
for exaple :good morning,good afternoon, good evening, how are u/am fine, goodbye, i love you, i miss you, honey, tongue
Thanks so much!!! grin
Re: I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by yemmydavid(m): 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2007
good morning - ekaro
good afternoon - ekasan
good evening - eku irole
goodbye - odabo
i love u - mo ni ife re.

hope that helps
Re: I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by aznshorty(f): 8:55am On Nov 19, 2007
ok, thanks so much YEMMYDAVID wink thanks for helping me, grin
Re: I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by wham(m): 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2007
Not much progress learning the letters without learning the proper pronunciations.

EXcept if u plan to compose a love letter in yoruba for the guy with what You've learnt so far grin

e.g Ore mi toto(r),

Ekaro. Ekasan. Eku irole. undecided

Mo ni ife re toto(r).

Odabo Ore mi.

azn_shorty

grin

*Find someone who could record these the pronunciations as a WAV file and email to u.
HINT: Yoruba is in a way like French. Its got a lot of "tone". You can't just pronounce the words anyhow

All the best Amigo
Re: I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by acidrop(f): 2:59am On May 15, 2008
OK WHAT DOES THIS MEAN IN YORUBA

Ko le ye won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by bigfather(m): 8:23pm On May 15, 2008
you no go fit grab ! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by topsy25(m): 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2009
big father:

you no go fit grab ! grin

dem no fit understand/grab
Re: I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by blackspade(m): 2:12am On Sep 22, 2009
Can someone tell me some more, I'm chatting w/ this girl I met through myspace and I lied and said I knew Yoruba. tongue

I'm depending on this website that has a lot of common phrases, but now she's started to say some complicated stuff!! grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by blackspade(m): 2:27am On Sep 22, 2009
I need some help asap.
Re: I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 15, 2009
Olori buruku means It is well with you.

No try am

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by foyeks2001(f): 5:58pm On Dec 15, 2009
e joke= sit
e dide= stand
e jo = please
gba=take
mu wa = bring
song = orin
ma binu= dont be offended
Re: I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by robosky02(m): 10:47am On Aug 11, 2014
aznshorty: Am an Asian girl and I've got a Negerian bf, i wanna learn some to make my bf surprised, can u guys teach me some?
for exaple :good morning,good afternoon, good evening, how are u/am fine, goodbye, i love you, i miss you, honey, tongue
Thanks so much!!! grin

egbon mi bawoni
abeg send more meaning we don enter the school..................
Re: I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases by Greekoyinbo: 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hiya I want learn more is there any site or YouTube where learn from scratch like from beginning learning how letters sounds then vowels etc then words and sentences

(1) (Reply)

Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State / Olori Memunat, Alaafi Of Oyo's Wife Celebrates Her Birthday With Stunning Photos / Ooni Ogunwusi Weds Wuraola Otiti In Benin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.