Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime (1218 Views)

I Told Jonathan His Regime Had Come To An End – TB Joshua / Proof: BUHARI Bought Weapons During His Regime. / Buhari Could Not Solve The Economic Problems His Regime Faced - Britannica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by Ilekokonit: 2:48am On May 19, 2012
Nigeria’s problem didn’t start from my regime – Jonathan
On May 19, 2012

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, declared that the numerous problems confronting the nation did not start from his regime which commenced only two years ago.

He asked Nigerians to reassess their journey from independence till date with a view to ascertaining the areas where the nation had gone wrong in order to make amends.

President Jonathan Commiserating with Gov. Sullivan during the Funeral Service for Late Mrs. Theresa Chime Mother of Gov. Sullivan Chime of Enugu State Friday at St. Mary's Pro-cathedral Catholic Churc, Udi, Enugu State. Photos–state House.

The President spoke at Udi in Enugu State during the funeral service in honour of Governor Sullivan Chime’s Mother, Chief Mrs. Theresa Chime, whose remains were laid to rest yesterday.

According to the President, something must have gone wrong along the line from 1914 when the Southern and Northern Protectorate amalgamated till date, stressing that the problem of Nigeria did not start today.

He said: “Sometimes when critics are lambasting the government, my self as President and the governors sometimes begin to think that yes it is starting today. But what we promise Nigerians is that this country must change.

“When the Priest was speaking, I started asking myself – what must have gone wrong from 1914 that the Northern and Southern parts of the country were amalgamated? They were under colonial rule since 1960 when we started governing ourselves. From 1960 to date it is about 50 years.

“I don’t think it is the two years that President Jonathan assumed the office that these problems came up. So something must have gone wrong and all of us citizens of this country must reassess ourselves, our journey from independence till date, the areas that we have not done too well in order to effect a change.

“Let us not play politics with the development of the country. Let us work hard to change our country for the better. We have no other country to go to. There was a time we had a television play where Andrew wanted to check out of the country; we are not checking out of this country, we will all stay, we will all work together, do our best to change the country for our children.”

While commiserating with Governor Sullivan Chime and members of his family over the demise of their mother, the President noted that the woman contributed enormously to the successes recorded by her children.
Emphasizing the role of parents in the upbringing of their children, Jonathan recalled that when he was growing up, his mother warned him “that if I smoke, I will die” stressing that it was that advice that kept him away from smoking till date.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/nigerias-problem-didnt-start-from-my-regime-jonathan/
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by Mynd44: 2:57am On May 19, 2012
Yeah not created by him but what they hell happened to the external reserves? What is he doing to correct these problems? He should find another excuse
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by 1025: 5:27am On May 19, 2012
abeg some body help me tell him that it is worse under his regime. nigerians will soon be on the street.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by escobar07(m): 6:11am On May 19, 2012
it sure doesnt look like its going to end during your regime either.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by ASOROCKb(m): 7:58am On May 19, 2012
escobar07: it sure doesnt look like its going to end during your regime either.
Flesh Air
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by monkeyleg: 8:11am On May 19, 2012
Lazy cop out by a clueless phuck. Stupid excuses
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by Abuleoshi: 8:35am On May 19, 2012
Jonathan cries out "Nigeria’s problem didn’t start from my regime". ooooh you are just finding out after 2 years? Was he not aware of the problems when he went round Nigeria claiming fresh air? GEJ has added 100 times to the problem in 2 years, i wonder what the future holds for Nigeria in the next 3 years of GEJ's government?
For starters, GEJ's government is going to borrow $7.9 billion dollars which is 1.2 Trillon Naira to execute "critical projects". what are these "critical projects"? was it not the same Ngozi as OBJ's finance minister that helped Nigeria get debt relief? Is it not the same Ngozi holding the "bambi-allah" plate begging for loan to borrow? what has changed since the debt relief time? Why is electricity tariff going to increase while Nigerians remain in darkness? where is the saving from partial removal of fuel subsidy? where are the palliative that Oga Jona said we should expect? My conclusion,GEJ's administration is one of the worst governments Nigerians have ever had. Nigerians didn't elect you to complain, we can complain for ourselves. We want to see genuine change and development, not development in the context of Abati,Maku,Ngozi,PDP!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by cynthiafred67(f): 8:38am On May 19, 2012
I don't think the dumbass knows that it is even worst under his regime.. Smh
Fresh Air indeed...
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by Ogbonaikenna(m): 8:41am On May 19, 2012
Jona is God sent. He understands the politic of nigeria. He knows his power base and does not joke with anything igbo. He feels more relaxed anytime he's in the east. Sir Jona, you can always count on us cos we are your brothers. No matter what the north and south west do to bring down your regime, you can be rest assured that the south east will never betray you. If it is war, be rest assured that we will fight along with the south south to defeat your enemies. *Humming biafra anthem*
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by bisi16(m): 10:22am On May 19, 2012
This man is military minded, that's why he keeps using "regime" instead of administration..
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by Mynd44: 10:44am On May 19, 2012
Clueless president
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by beafroast: 1:16pm On May 19, 2012
Phd in MUMULOGY...
Him no know 9ja issues b4 him contest 4 presidency or him no fit solve some of the issues wey him meet dia.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Says Nigeria’s Problem Didn’t Start From His Regime by Mynd44: 2:40pm On May 19, 2012
Dumb leader

(1) (Reply)

National Newspaper Headlines( Friday, 21 September 2012) / Ondo State Governorship Election Debate 2012 / Is Oyedepo Ayoruba,army To Jail Governor 300 Years,if 6zone Is Acceptedby Musiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.