Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone (66056 Views)

Get Your Airtel SIM Eligible For 4gb, 2 Months BIS Plan Of N1500 / Use Troidvpn 1gb Daily Bundle For Browsing With Mtn Bis Subscription .. / Best Internet BIS Plan For An Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Leopantro: 10:41pm On May 19, 2012
MATERIALS

1. A rooted android phone.
2. An MTN BIS plan
3. Dolphin mini browser
4. Orbot app

INSTRUCTIONS
make sure you install the browser and the Orbot apps before you start and you have MTN APN settings already set up in the phone. finally, make sure your phone is rooted.

1. create a new APN with these settings
APN = blackberry.net
proxy = blank
port = blank or 8580
Username = web
Password = web

2. save it and make it your default settings.

3. install Orbot and dolphin browser mini.

4. in Orbit settings, tick Tor everything, transparent proxy, Tor tethering

5. activate your internet access, then start Orbot. wait until the ON button turns green. then click the test button,select dolphin browser and wait for the check tor webpage to show up.

Congratulations,your BIS browsing is now active.

NOTE.
1. For some strange reason, the test webpage doesn't show on Opera mini but you can still browse with it if you ticked "tor everything"

2. this works even when you have zero naira.however, if you send 2 to 131,it would say you have no credit.

3. i have tired this on only two android phones and it works. you may or may not have issues with your phone

5 Likes

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by hancock(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2012
working on my sg2 cool
nice one
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by indigold2010(m): 10:05am On May 20, 2012
Hmmm, why don't u just activate zain social month plan , it comes with a 1gb package, u can use it without having to root or any special settings, I used it on my mt3g, Htc wildfire and Htc incredible S. I now use an iPhone 4 and it works on it
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by aieromon(m): 2:39pm On May 20, 2012
indigold2010: Hmmm, why don't u just activate zain social month plan , it comes with a 1gb package, u can use it without having to root or any special settings, I used it on my mt3g, Htc wildfire and Htc incredible S. I now use an iPhone 4 and it works on it

Well,the answer to your question is unlimited downloads.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Kadata(m): 4:46pm On May 20, 2012
aieromon:

Well,the answer to your question is unlimited downloads.

I don't understand the bolded
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 20, 2012
would any of these work for an ipad?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by indigold2010(m): 10:07pm On May 20, 2012
It works on my iPhone 4 flawlessly . So should work on d iPad, unlimited? That's true. But one question, seems like only browsing works from ur explanation , will my other social apps work? E.g Facebook, twitter, tagged, badoo etc
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by aieromon(m): 10:17pm On May 20, 2012
Kadata:

I don't understand the bolded

Unlimited data plan,ok
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Brisingr(m): 12:03am On May 21, 2012
quick question u can use any bis plan for this and do u activate the plan on a blackberry before using the sim on your phone ?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Gerardcole(m): 5:10am On May 21, 2012
Thanks poster I will try yours. I previously tried changing my DNS using "set dns". Cos changing DNS makes it work on symbian. But it never worked.

Will try yours when I get home.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Leopantro: 7:41am On May 21, 2012
you don't need a bb to active a BIS plan. simply send the code from a normal phone.good to know it works on IOS. most apps work with it.making a list of those that don't and how to overcome that.got another hack that doesn't require a BIS plan but doesn't allow tethering. further work will continue over the weekend
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Brisingr(m): 9:55am On May 21, 2012
the orbot app turns yellow it shows connecting to directory server stuck at 5%
i have droid wall on my fone does dis affect orbot ?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by AndroBlaze: 1:06pm On May 21, 2012
Brisingr: the orbot app turns yellow it shows connecting to directory server stuck at 5%
i have droid wall on my fone does dis affect orbot ?
Probably. Go to your droidwall menu and make sure Orbot is excepted (I tick mine, but it depends on the way you setup your Droidwall).
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Brisingr(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2012
@androblaze i did dat too
i just realised there is no tor tethering on my tor setting.does this affect the tweak i use a sg2
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Brisingr(m): 1:48pm On May 21, 2012
is the mtn Apn required d normal
MTN GPRS setting on your Apns list?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by nastydamus(m): 2:16pm On May 21, 2012
Please, for those of you that have tried it, if it actually works, I think it's not too much to acknowledge the contribution of the OP.
#Just saying!

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 21, 2012
[size=18pt]working now on my HTC G2 ........ cheesy[/size]
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 21, 2012
Please I'M USING AN IPHONE 4 WITH ETISALAT SIM, HOW CAN I DO IT?.

SOMEONE KINDLY PUT ME THROUGH.
[/size][size=8pt]
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Kpimp: 2:26pm On May 21, 2012
Can it work on nokia phones.prefer zain bis.need urgent reply.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Leopantro: 2:26pm On May 21, 2012
@nastydamus,God bless you. i has gotten to the front page and over 500 views and only two thanks. I'm wondering why did i make it public? i was even insulted on an earlier post.oh well,people will never fail to disappoint me
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Ymodulus: 2:32pm On May 21, 2012
hÊlp mÊ plÊâ$Ê hÖω dÖ Î ®ÖÖt mý fÖNE. âm ñÖt çÖmpÛtÊ® ÎllÎtÊ®âtÊ. Î Û$Ê lg ç660 ÖptÎmÛs pro
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Yeahreen(m): 2:32pm On May 21, 2012
pls does it work on samsung galaxy.thankz
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Andrew3(m): 2:36pm On May 21, 2012
Leopantro: @nastydamus,God bless you. i has gotten to the front page and over 500 views and only two thanks. I'm wondering why did i make it public? i was even insulted on an earlier post.oh well,people will never fail to disappoint me

The error of unthankfulness even caused Abraham his entry into the promise land.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by codemaster2much: 2:41pm On May 21, 2012
THOSE IT WORK WITH GLO
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 21, 2012
bandiejay: [size=18pt]working now on my HTC G2 ........ cheesy[/size]
which is, the mtn settings or the airtel complete
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Ganys: 2:48pm On May 21, 2012
Please, Im using Htc Touch 2 Window 6.5 phone, Is there any way i can use the MTN BIS to browse, Im tired of paying 2k for 500 which just last me only 2 wks....Pls, HELP ME PLZ

1 Like

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by ZUBY77(m): 2:50pm On May 21, 2012
I use an android epad with sim card on it. Can that work on it ?

2 Likes

Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 21, 2012
Leopantro: MATERIALS

1. A rooted android phone.
2. An MTN BIS plan
3. Dolphin mini browser
4. Orbot app

INSTRUCTIONS
make sure you install the browser and the Orbot apps before you start and you have MTN APN settings already set up in the phone. finally, make sure your phone is rooted.

1. create a new APN with these settings
APN = blackberry.net
proxy = blank
port = blank or 8580
Username = web
Password = web

2. save it and make it your default settings.

3. install Orbot and dolphin browser mini.

4. in Orbit settings, tick Tor everything, transparent proxy, Tor tethering

5. activate your internet access, then start Orbot. wait until the ON button turns green. then click the test button,select dolphin browser and wait for the check tor webpage to show up.

Congratulations,your BIS browsing is now active.

NOTE.
1. For some strange reason, the test webpage doesn't show on Opera mini but you can still browse with it if you ticked "tor everything"

2. this works even when you have zero naira.however, if you send 2 to 131,it would say you have no credit.

3. i have tired this on only two android phones and it works. you may or may not have issues with your phone
nice one man, im tired of paying 8k for only 5gig on MTN. Might get an android again and try it out. Keep blazing!
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by nairamobile: 3:01pm On May 21, 2012
will try this asap
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by CY09: 3:02pm On May 21, 2012
Leopantro: @nastydamus,God bless you. i has gotten to the front page and over 500 views and only two thanks. I'm wondering why did i make it public? i was even insulted on an earlier post.oh well,people will never fail to disappoint me
u shouldn't get dissapointed at what pple say. Anyway, tnx 4 d post. Though would av lovd to try it but am making use of a BB so needless.
But am sure it will come in handy 4 any of my pals.
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 21, 2012
Poster, dont mind them.. they are slaves of the BB they carry about. I have an android phone running stale 2.1 sad and a 10.1 inch tab running 4.1 grin

So, Must you subscribe for internet? Do you have a crack that can bypass the payment thing and use it as u wish?
Re: How To Use A BIS Plan On An Android Phone by ZUBY77(m): 3:10pm On May 21, 2012
First of all, how do i root my irobot android epad ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Newly Constructed Highway In China. / We sell perfectly working fairly used Laptop 's screen, hard drive, ram etc here / I Need Advice On Buying A Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.