Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,186 members, 7,864,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (628162 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
mrpresido3: huh! Me huh! Wahala dey ooooo. I jst dey vest since dat is I no even say anytin 4 dis resumption. I dnt wanna resume now till August
. I dey enjoy mysef 4 house. And now I begin to think hw to go and start cooking again. God dey sha!
kai haba mallam, uniabuja girls will be tempting you kwo?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
Dannyxy: kai haba mallam, uniabuja girls will be tempting you kwo?
4 where! I am used to dat environment and deir nonsense.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Wittywizard(m): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2014
LATEST ON ASUU UNIABUJA STRIKE

Students are humbly advised to disregard any news regarding the suspension of the ongoing industrial strike action by the UniAbuja chapter of ASUU and the immediate reopening of the school for academic activities as such information is yet rumour.

Members of the union at the congress held today 14th July 2014 actually made submissions to suspend its ongoing industrial action and has directed its leaders to revert their resolutions to the National Executive Council of the union for further response as this has always been the tradition.

The union fervently awaits the positive response of its NEC before it can finally direct its members to return to classes.

We however, hope our lecturers will resume any moment from now just as we expect the school management to announce the reopening of our great citadel of learning.

Thanks
witty cares.....
2go: francis6781
phone: 07037169000
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by brygitte(f): 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
mrpresido3: huh! Me huh! Wahala dey ooooo. I jst dey vest since dat is I no even say anytin 4 dis resumption. I dnt wanna resume now till August
. I dey enjoy mysef 4 house. And now I begin to think hw to go and start cooking again. God dey sha!
August presido haba nw.I dey jump wif excitemnt here o cuz of d news.nor worry if na fud.no problem. mk I resume I go cum dey cook 4 u.jst giv mi ur adress.don deal.lol
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Wittywizard(m): 9:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
Ok.....its comfirmed ASUU done call off strike but VC has to decide when skl go open. The following lecturers confirmed it. (Mr. George, Mr. Nasiru, Dr. Akano, Mrs. Olarewaju, Dr. Solomon) make I continue? I no wan hear any latest again. Na the final latest be this and its the only true latest for now.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by awizzy1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
Wittywizard: Ok.....its comfirmed ASUU done call off strike but VC has to decide when skl go open. The following lecturers confirmed it. (Mr. George, Mr. Nasiru, Dr. Akano, Mrs. Olarewaju, Dr. Solomon) make I continue? I no wan hear any latest again. Na the final latest be this and its the only true latest for now.

are you serious? so Mr Akano is now a DR? tell me more.......anyways Any news about ASUU from him is most likely to be true.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 10:46pm On Jul 14, 2014
brygitte: August presido haba nw.I dey jump wif excitemnt here o cuz of d news.nor worry if na fud.no problem. mk I resume I go cum dey cook 4 u.jst giv mi ur adress.don deal.lol
Hmmmm u are funny.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by daramolamercy2: 11:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
U ar all Weldone! Most especialy witty n presi. Stil remain ur guy dari!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 5:03am On Jul 15, 2014
daramolamercy2: U ar all Weldone! Most especialy witty n presi. Stil remain ur guy dari!
wow! This old member! U remember us today.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bsquare18(f): 5:48am On Jul 15, 2014
Tank God 4our life nd dat of unibuja...cnt wait 2resume jare. @witty, presido nd u al dats kipin dis site movin THUMBS UP 4u al..gud mawni
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Bashimi: 11:55am On Jul 15, 2014
D strike has been called off source from Punchnews
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
UPDATES! UPDATES!! UPDATES!!!
The Chairman, Academic Staff Union of Universities, University of Abuja branch, Mr Ben Ugheoke, on Tuesday in Abuja said the body has suspended the strike by its members.

Ugheoke told the News Agency of Nigeria in a telephone interview that the decision was taken on Monday during a congress held at the institution’s mini-campus.

He said, “We resolved at the congress to suspend the strike after signing an agreement with the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Micheal Adikwu.

“The announcement on this will be done Tuesday morning.”

The ASUU branch embarked on the strike on June 2, following what it called “Federal Government’s refusal to release the White Paper containing issues affecting the institution”.

The Federal Government had on July 16, 2012 constituted a Visitation Panel to resolve issues affecting the institution but the White Paper of the report was yet to be released.

Ugheoke said the signed agreement involved the release of the White Paper, and that the Vice-Chancellor has assured the union that he would work towards ensuring its release.

He, however, said the recall of students to the campus was a decision to be made by the University Senate.
Link : http://www.punchng.com/news/uniabuja-lecturers-suspend-strike
Source : The Punch.
THANKS AND REMAIN BLESSED.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by daramolamercy2: 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
Smilng; @presido; vry funy!!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Help4rmme2u(m): 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
UNIABUJA SET TO RESUME
The leadership of ASUU University of Abuja has called of the strike after the union decided to accept Professor Michael Umale Adikwu as the institution's vice -chancellor.
The institution's ASUU chairman called off the nearly two-months old strike following a decision of the three university lecturers who took the new v.c to court due to his un-merited appointment as the v.c of the institution to accept him as the vice-chancellor of the school. The management of the school will throw open the school gates for students as from Tuesday, 15th July, 2014.
SLY
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Jideyuny(m): 10:39am On Jul 16, 2014
Gud day all...itz nice to b here once again...i still remain my humble self JIDE YUNY...a political jigolor....am hie to predict...exam wil sureli commence first or second week of AUGUST....skul wil b open fully next week...dey wunt wanna commence exam dis month bcuz of d upcoming SALLAH....bt am sure d@ sku wil sureli resume next week...wanna use dis medium also to campaign for my upcoming humble president in department of political science nd int'l relation UNIBUJA chapter...KABIRU ALA OLAMILEKAN 'AKA' KB 4 PRESIDENT...ur vote is ur power...tnx all...presido,scaywater nd host of all...i hail yu all
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Swaycater(m): 12:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
Point of order Jide! my name is not scaywater! Swaycater is the name! we will tok about ur ambition when we see, oluwa is always involved Bro!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by poffistands: 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
Veni,vidi,vici....I came I saw I conquered
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
The university of Abuja governing council may hold meeting tomorrow concerning the resumption date.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
Uni-Abuja Students
The meeting between ASUU, Uniabuja chapter&the school senate to fix a date for resumption is said to hold on Thursday.

For those of you who asked!!!

But rumour has it that hostels would be thrown open on Sunday, while school activities resume Monday.
Normally, uniabuja often set Sundays as resumption.

When it is made official via circular, y'all be the first to know.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by adefemijohn(m): 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
Richiez: Hello
Uniabuja aspirants, this thread has been created to help you answer
those questions about uniabuja that is still bothering you, and also as a
resource place to seek for any kind of assistance relating to
admissions in the school...everyone is free to ask any question and/or
make contributions....thanks! yours Richiez
N.B
Apart from JAMB utme, other means to get admission into the school are; remedial programme, diploma and IJMB
ajosegabriel: No.
...MOSHOOD ABIOLA POLYTECHNIC Post UTME and
HND screening FORM IS OUT. 2014/2015 SESSION.....contact me on
07038464149 for more details.....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by adefemijohn(m): 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
Dannyxy: kai haba mallam, uniabuja girls will be tempting you kwo?
ajosegabriel: No.
...MOSHOOD ABIOLA POLYTECHNIC Post UTME and
HND screening FORM IS OUT. 2014/2015 SESSION.....contact me on
07038464149 for more details.....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 8:52am On Jul 17, 2014
UniAbuja: The VC’s Appointment And Matters Arising
ABAH ADAH— July 17, 2014
The crisis that has trailed the emergence of the new Vice-Chancellor recently at the University of Abuja is far from over as three lecturers from the ivory tower have dragged the university authorities before the National Industrial Court sitting in Abuja.
Among questions being asked for determination include; whether or not the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman, Governing Council of the University of Abuja, Dr. Samuel Ogbemudia, can legally or validly appoint Prof. Adikwu as the Vice-Chancellor of the university which is said to be in contravention of the provisions of the University (Miscellaneous Provision) Act 2003 as well as whether or not the provision of Section 8 of the Federal Character Commission (Establishment) Act is not mandatory in the appointment of a Vice-Chancellor in the University. Stakeholders are also claiming that the Governing Council of the University of Abuja failed to observe merit in the appointment process, as they alleged that “the most qualified candidate on merit, performance as well as under the Federal Character principle is Professor Umaru Garba Danbatta who scored the highest mark in the interview referred to above.”
However, from the report of the Joint Council and Senate Selection Board on the appointment of a new Vice-Chancellor for the University of Abuja, submitted to the Governing Council at its 34th Extra-Ordinary meeting of Tuesday, 24th June, 2014, and which was attached as exhibit before the court, the three candidates were shortlisted based on their academic achievements which were outlined as criteria or precondition for appointment as Vice Chancellor.
According to the report, Prof. Danbatta, who hails from Kano State, has one academic publication to his credit in the last two years and attended two international academic conferences and presented two papers. He supervised and graduated two doctoral students as well as 16 Masters’ degree students in the last ten years.
Prof. Lawal, whom the claimants alleged came second, has four academic publications to his credit in the last two years, attended one international academic conference and presented one paper. He supervised and graduated eleven Doctoral students in the last ten years.
The new Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Adikwu, was alleged to have thirteen academic publications to his credit in the last two years, attended one international academic conference and presented one paper. He supervised and graduated seven Doctoral students as well as forty Post Graduate Students in the last ten years. Apart from these, the Vice Chancellor has, among other academic laurels, the prestigious Nigeria Academy of Science Award which he won in 2006, as the Nigerian best scientist of the year, a Fellow of the Nigerian Academy of Science and Fellow of Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria.
In terms of catchment area and geopolitical zones, Prof. Danbatta, a professor of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, is from Kano State (North West), Prof. Lawal, a professor of Language Education, is from Kwara State (North Central), and Prof. Adikwu, a professor of Pharmacy and is from Benue State (North Central).
While the claimants alleged that on the basis of the above assessment, the three top candidates were graded with Prof. Danbatta scoring the highest grade of 86 per cent in the screening and interview exercise, Prof. Lawal came second by scoring 73 per cent and Prof Adikwu came third with 65 per cent, they however failed to provide the basis of the score as the alleged second and third candidates seemed to be better in terms of academic output., which was said to have been a critical factor in the choice of the new vice chancellor.
The claimants are praying the court for a declaration that the purported appointment of Prof. Adikwu as Vice Chancellor by the Governing Council of University of Abuja “is null and void and of no effect whatsoever.” They are equally seeking an order compelling the Governing Council to observe merit and the provisions of the university miscellaneous Act and the Federal Character Commission’s Act and the 1st defendant’s Senate Rules in proceedings of the appointment of the post of the Vice-Chancellor. As a result the asked the court to make an order compelling the Governing Council to appoint the candidate with the highest score on his merit and performance in the screening and interview.
Meanwhile, President of the National Industrial Court, Justice Babatunde Adejumo affirmed that the matter will be assigned to a judge of the court and hearing notices will be served on parties.
However, what stakeholders are worried about is not the crisis in itself; it is the future of the university which over the years has suffered a whole gamut of set-backs ranging from poor infrastructural development to academic and administrative crises. And based on the facts above, it is clear that the authorities not only considered the result of the screening and interview but also looked into the catchment area and past performances of the three selected applicants and saw that the newly appointed VC has a richer credential and what it takes to steer the long embattled university to enviable greatness.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Bashimi: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
I heard d school has been close down again wat is wrong wit dis student why re dey protesting again
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
[TODAY] UniAbuja shut indefinitely as #BringBackOurExams protest heat up http:///sCv0G9mXgV""
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
Uniabuja resumes monday 20th july
Exams 4 300l Siwes (IT student) 4th of august
Exam 4 other students 11th of august
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
Pietee: Uniabuja resumes monday 20th july
Exams 4 300l Siwes (IT student) 4th of august
Exam 4 other students 11th of august
Thanks
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
N for clarity students didn't protest o..... We r jez few students remaining in gwagz..... All r rumours
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
Circular

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2014
Pietee: N for clarity students didn't protest o..... We r jez few students remaining in gwagz..... All r rumours
Piety are u in school? how is the situation of things, let me know if its something I can come by monday
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Help4rmme2u(m): 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
Go see uniabuja circular and other info @ www.facebook.com/worldacademics
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
Dats rumour bro @bashimi dast was old news.....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA

OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR

PROPOSED REVISED ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR THE CONCLUSION OF 2012/2013 SESSION

Sunday 20/07/2014- Reopening of Students Hostels

Monday 21/07/2014- Conclusion of 2nd Semester lectures (2weeks) for SIWES faculties and departments and 3weeks for all other faculties and departments.

Monday 04/08/2014- 2nd semester examination for the SIWES levels (1week)

Monday 11/08/2014- SIWES commences

Monday 11/08/2014- 2nd semester examination commence for all faculties and departments

Saturday 06/09/2014- End of 2nd semester examination and session.

Signed:
Prof. M.U Adikwu
Vice-Chancellor

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.