Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures (158344 Views)

The Plateau Multimedia Recess Speaker Installations...MORE PICTURES ADDED / Abuja’s Abandoned Mansions / Mansions In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by jason123: 12:42pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by jason123: 12:45pm On May 21, 2012

ADENUGA'S NEW VILLA UNDER CONSTRUCTION IN ABUJA

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by jason123: 12:46pm On May 21, 2012

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by jason123: 12:47pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by laCapri: 12:47pm On May 21, 2012
more pix pls
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by jason123: 12:48pm On May 21, 2012

1 Like

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by jason123: 12:49pm On May 21, 2012
Under construction

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by BlackBaron: 12:50pm On May 21, 2012
You might need to credit the pic owners on skyscrapercity...

@ topic - Nice houses nonetheless but most interior decor have always been underwhelming or tackily extravagant.
I got my own radical ideas for interior decor; open plan living, stone cut(not marble) kitchen top and more. However the security situation means houses like this means potentially installing burglary proof which makes a house ugly in my opinion.

Architects too should push the boundary, some of their designs are a bit boring.

1 Like

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by jason123: 12:55pm On May 21, 2012
BlackBaron: You might need to credit the pic owners on skyscrapercity...

@ topic - Nice houses nonetheless but most interior decor have always been underwhelming or tackily extravagant.
I got my own radical ideas for interior decor; open plan living, stone cut(not marble) kitchen top and more. However the security situation means houses like this means potentially installing burglary proof which makes a house ugly in my opinion.

Architects too should push the boundary, some of their designs are a bit boring.
jason123: Courtesy of SSC, of course!
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by jason123: 12:56pm On May 21, 2012
Completed home, Asokoro Abuja

VI Lagos

1 Like

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by jason123: 12:57pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 21, 2012
OP, where did you see that third picture?? That's my father's house!!!!!!!!!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by jason123: 12:57pm On May 21, 2012
Pictures by Håkønljzberg of Skyscrapper city!!!!
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by jason123: 12:58pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by tjskii(f): 1:05pm On May 21, 2012
fellis: OP, where did you see that third picture?? That's my father's house!!!!!!!!!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Wat r Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ talkin about that's my uncle's house jor,and he doesn't av any kids,so who Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ be tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by jason123: 1:05pm On May 21, 2012

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by achi4u(m): 1:11pm On May 21, 2012
did eroplane crash on top of that bulding.i like it
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by tboy1(m): 1:13pm On May 21, 2012
ismhab: PLEASE U SHOULD HELP US POST THE GHETTO HOUSES THAT ARE IN NIGERIA.
Read the OP "Nigeria is a country where opulence, and poverty live side by side. And since the media has become so addicted to showing only the worst parts of the country - I decided to dig deep, and share pictures of some of the opulent side of Nigeria."
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by tboy1(m): 1:15pm On May 21, 2012
achi4u: did eroplane crash on top of that bulding.i like it
grin grin Weird but nice design

1 Like

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 21, 2012
tjskii:

Wat r Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ talkin about that's my uncle's house jor,and he doesn't av any kids,so who Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ be tongue tongue
na you sabi. I don talk my own finish. Na my father's house be that.
That one and the fifth one. grin
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by PhysicsQED(m): 1:30pm On May 21, 2012
Tinax: l love the last one, will get thr soonest. wink

With me on your arm. wink

But seriously, nice profile picture. You look good.
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by PhysicsQED(m): 1:33pm On May 21, 2012
Some of the houses jason posted are large houses, but not really mansions. Nevertheless, a lot of these are nice.
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by buJu234: 1:33pm On May 21, 2012
i tot u guys said that this country is broke; so where are these guys getting the money 4 these mansions from?

or are they politicians & pastors mansions? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by since1914(m): 1:42pm On May 21, 2012
I totally agree with the observations about interiors. It is sad when people beat their chest to say they built their house for N100-N200million. Yet when you enter these buildings, there is nothing to wow you about them. Government buildings are even the worst culprits. Visit some of our so called muti-stars hotels and you will be disappointed. The interiors lack character, you don't know if it is Contemporary style, Classical, Art Deco or Minimalist. They just lump everything together, creating a horrible collage of mis-matched elements.

Secondly, most people here still don't know what the whole concept of Interiors is all about. They wait until the entire building has being completed and plastered then, they call the Interior Architect to come and do the painting and POP. Not knowing that it goes way beyond that. Interior Design should include Spatial planning, circulation, space layout, Natural and artificial Lighting, furniture distribution etc. the Designer should be involved as soon as the floor plans are ready. He should be given a copy of the building plans to edit and input his own design right from the onset before construction commences.

It is important that the Designer is responsible for even the tinniest of details down to the location of light switches and dimmers. It is all of these tiny details that come together to give that wow factor to every interior. I know some clients are difficult to convince, but after a good project it shouldn't be a problem. I just finished a Restaurant in Asokoro, Abuja. And it was only after we completed the project that the client truly understood and appreciated what I had being saying all along.

4 Likes

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by Nonybb: 2:03pm On May 21, 2012
since_1914: I totally agree with the observations about interiors. It is sad when people beat their chest to say they built their house for N100-N200million. Yet when you enter these buildings, there is nothing to wow you about them. Government buildings are even the worst culprits. Visit some of our so called muti-stars hotels and you will be disappointed. The interiors lack character, you don't know if it is Contemporary style, Classical, Art Deco or Minimalist. They just lump everything together, creating a horrible collage of mis-matched elements.

I used to live and study in Italy where I got a Masters in Interior Architecture. I took for granted that my services will be hot cake in Nigeria, but On getting back to Nigeria. I found out that most nigerians will spend millions on blockwork but won't want to spend a quater of that on their Interiors.

Secondly, most people here still don't know what the whole concept of Interiors is all about. They wait until the entire building has being completed and plastered then, they call the Interior Architect to come and do the painting and POP. Not knowing that it goes way beyond that. Interior Design should include Spatial planning, circulation, space layout, Natural and artificial Lighting, furniture distribution etc. the Designer should be involved as soon as the floor plans are ready. He should be given a copy of the building plans to edit and input his own design right from the onset before construction commences.

It is important that the Designer is responsible for even the tinniest of details down to the location of light switches and dimmers. It is all of these tiny details that come together to give that wow factor to every interior. I know some clients are difficult to convince, but after a good project it shouldn't be a problem. I just finished a Restaurant in Asokoro, Abuja. And it was only after we completed the project that the client truly understood and appreciated what I had being saying all along.
wats the name of the hotel? Tell us and who do we ask
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by PapaBrowne(m): 2:09pm On May 21, 2012
since_1914: I totally agree with the observations about interiors. It is sad when people beat their chest to say they built their house for N100-N200million. Yet when you enter these buildings, there is nothing to wow you about them. Government buildings are even the worst culprits. Visit some of our so called muti-stars hotels and you will be disappointed. The interiors lack character, you don't know if it is Contemporary style, Classical, Art Deco or Minimalist. They just lump everything together, creating a horrible collage of mis-matched elements.

I used to live and study in Italy where I got a Masters in Interior Architecture. I took for granted that my services will be hot cake in Nigeria, but On getting back to Nigeria. I found out that most nigerians will spend millions on blockwork but won't want to spend a quater of that on their Interiors.

Bros! I Like your speech! Very apt. Please post some pics if possible. I might be needing your services on a commercial retail project.
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by playboy19(m): 2:10pm On May 21, 2012
Look at this neighborhood with Royce Royce Phantom covered up. Now that's what i call a Broke Country... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by antitpiah: 2:23pm On May 21, 2012
Ibo people, their motor should be: There is nothing Otokoto cannot build.
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by ismhab(m): 2:31pm On May 21, 2012
playboy19: Look at this neighborhood with Royce Royce Phantom covered up. Now that's what i call a Broke Country... cheesy cheesy cheesy
This one no be Nigeria.
Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by nagoma(m): 2:44pm On May 21, 2012
GAR3TH: Well with cheaper labor and cheaper cost of materials it is easier to build a bigger house in nigeria than to build or buy one abroad.

I wont be surprised if someone living in one of those hows was a plumber.

Do they buy houses abroad? I think they just rent and work all their lives to pay exorbitant rates called mortgage and when they are old they get kicked out to and old people's home , some may have some change to support ther last tenancy in home for the aged. Is that buying a house?

2 Likes

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by playboy19(m): 2:52pm On May 21, 2012
ismhab:
This one no be Nigeria.

Ofcourse na naija. I know this building for Area 11. I go one 6 yr old boy bday for there some 3 yrs ago....Ol' boy, the party be like a wedding ceremony. Majority of us self no see the kid wey dey celebrate bday.

GAR3TH: Well with cheaper labor and cheaper cost of materials it is easier to build a bigger house in nigeria than to build or buy one abroad.

I wont be surprised if someone living in one of those hows was a plumber.

Well, i guess it musta been a while you visited naija. Majority of these buildings are far from cheap. Majority are multi-million dollars houses. Consider this, Land alone in Lekki is between N150m - N400m [ $1m - $2.5m] and in Asokoro where majority of the houses are situated, it's always between N300m - N1b [ $2m - $6.5 ] and that's just for the land.

In addition, i'm not sure about the procedures you have to go through when buying a land in lekki but i'm in deep know about the Asokoro's. First you need to come forward with your proposed plan prototype. And you can be sure you're not contesting with any less of 20 people over the same lot. So on the paper, the best prototype gets to buy the land (don't forget the price has not even been set yet) but in truth, na the person wey "bride" pass, go buy the house. Which means, many, many under-th-table-envelopes must still exchange hands.

So just eliminate that "someone living in one of those hows was a plumber" thought off your mind, except he or she is/was the Villa's plumber.

1 Like

Re: Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures by denony(m): 3:04pm On May 21, 2012
Nice Houses, mine is coming, soon, I said soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okwudili Umenyiora Owns One Of The Most Luxurious Houses In Nigeria / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.