Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) (38459 Views)

UNBELIEVABLE!!! 3 Bedrm Flat TO LET in Ajah, Lagos PICTURES (Price: 450k) YES / Architecture, Energy Conservation And Alternative Energy. / 2 1/2 Plot Opposite Chevron, Beside Lekki Conservation Centre. Lekki (c Of O) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by lasgidiboy1: 7:17am On May 21, 2012
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by PaulJohn1: 1:54pm On May 21, 2012
Interesting
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 21, 2012
I have been to the LCC twice, and I must say it was, personally speaking, a fantastic experience. I traversed the entire length and breadth of the place.

If you're into conservation and nature, its highly recommended.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by joeyfire(m): 3:29pm On May 21, 2012
I love the place. I used to be up in there every saturday morning when I lived in lagos. It was due for some maintenance when last I visited the place, I can't wait to go visit there again

1 Like

Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by opokonwa(m): 5:03pm On May 21, 2012
Is that all there is to watch?; tortoise, birds, butterfly and monkey? Besides the overgrown nature??

1 Like

Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2012
opokonwa: Is that all there is to watch?; tortoise, birds, butterfly and monkey? Besides the overgrown nature??
You should go there, was there in 2003 and it was an experience, there was a large snake though, few animals and lots of "local" birds if you are into bird watching
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by soloqy: 5:23pm On May 21, 2012
Have they retouched the place? Was there in 2007 and there were things that needed retouching. But looking at that first picture, it seems some work has been done.
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by jason123: 5:32pm On May 21, 2012
Lovely place! I have been there. . . .mehn, Niaja is beautiful! cool

1 Like

Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by jason123: 5:35pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by jason123: 5:36pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by jason123: 5:36pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by jason123: 5:37pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by jason123: 5:37pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by jason123: 5:38pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by jason123: 5:39pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by jason123: 5:40pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by SisiKill1: 5:41pm On May 21, 2012
You are showing us small small pix of tolotolo, fowl, tortise, botofly and babboon out of context. . .how are we sure you didn't get those pix off the internet
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by JeSoul(f): 5:49pm On May 21, 2012
^lol.

I was there in January 2012. The pictures are about right - the only thing we saw were peacocks, tortoises & monkeys, butterfly self we no even see that one. They said the alligators were 'out of season' so no show there either.

I hate to be a damper on the positive comments but I was terribly disappointed and I love stuff doing stuff like that. I definitely praise the effort to preserve and promote areas like these within the mad jungle that is lagos but they have a very very long way to go in my opinion. We should encourage & support projects like these if they are to really step up their game.
If I'm not too lazy I'll upload some pictures when I get home.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by SisiKill1: 5:54pm On May 21, 2012
Welcome to the Lagos Consevative Center, My name is Sisi and I will be your guide.

jason123:

What you see here ladies and gentlemen is the start of the mating call of higher primate. Confined to the wilds of the conservation center, the male primate knows he has limited choices, so he must do everything in his power to get his female mate before she lost to him forever. So he mounts her on a plank, uses his sturdy legs and some other big part of his anatummy to hold her captive. The puckering of the lips shows his willingness to swap spit with her, for the higher primate there no greater show of commitment than this.

It is now up to the female primate to show if she willing to take on what he is offering. . .from the way her hands are firmly planted on the plank, instead of touching him. . .it doesn't seem like it's good news for the male primate. Hope is not lost though, the female primate is well known for her fickle mind, so don't be surprised that the next time you visit the conservation center. . .you are greeted with a sight of mini- primates.

Next stop. . .The Mating Calls for the Pepeyes.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by PrinceDudu(m): 6:09pm On May 21, 2012
^^^ You must be the park ranger grin grin am really look forward to visiting the centre soon. could you please give me more details. grin cheesy grin
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by Trills(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2012
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FX2QDH2
Please HELP A BROTHER OUT.
I am a student of Birmingham City University enrolled on a MSc Business Computing course. Currently, I am writing my final project on DELIVERY MECHANISM IN NOLLYWOOD(As a way of making the industry more valuable to on the global market).
[/size][size=8pt]Please (Abeg), I need your collective assistance in answering a questionnaire (Follow the link) on the industry. Please I really do need your response urgently. Every information provided is strictly academic and will never be made public. Thank you all and God bless.
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by DisGuy: 6:18pm On May 21, 2012
Sisi Kill

You don crase finish o

Anatummy grin grin
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by DisGuy: 6:20pm On May 21, 2012
they don't want visitors or something? First time i'm hearing of it!!!

I'd have love to visit this place when in Lagos, Looks promising
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 21, 2012
Sisi_kill. . . LWKMD oooo. . . See everybody wondering wjat is wrong with me. . . Lol
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by omoola007(m): 6:41pm On May 21, 2012
I am putting this place on my list of things to do on dry weekend day. This and NIKE's Art Gallery. the Gallery is a must see. its the best in Logos if not Nigeria. I love the place.
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by Redman44(m): 6:43pm On May 21, 2012
The Lekki Conservation Centre is the brainchild of Late Chief S.L Edu, an indigene of Epe and a strong businessman. Chief Edu devoted some of his money to ensure that the Lekki Conservation Centre was set up to protect the environment and animals in the selected area. Try and visit the place. Cheers.
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by JeSoul(f): 6:48pm On May 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Welcome to the Lagos Consevative Center, My name is Sisi and I will be your guide.

What you see here ladies and gentlemen is the start of the mating call of higher primate. Confined to the wilds of the conservation center, the male primate knows he has limited choices, so he must do everything in his power to get his female mate before she lost to him forever. So he mounts her on a plank, uses his sturdy legs and some other big part of his anatummy to hold her captive. The puckering of the lips shows his willingness to swap spit with her, for the higher primate there no greater show of commitment than this.

It is now up to the female primate to show if she willing to take on what he is offering. . .from the way her hands are firmly planted on the plank, instead of touching him. . .it doesn't seem like it's good news for the male primate. Hope is not lost though, the female primate is well known for her fickle mind, so don't be surprised if by the time you come back to the conservation center. . .you are greeted with a sight of mini- primates.

Next stop. . .The Mating Calls for the Pepeyes.
SISI KILL . . . you are insane!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Lol. Abeg take us to the pepeye section cheesy

omoola007: I am putting this place on my list of things to do on dry weekend day. This and NIKE's Art Gallery. the Gallery is a must see. its the best in Logos if not Nigeria. I love the place.
That I completely second you on. I went wild in that place Lol. So much beautiful art crammed into 4 (or was it 5 floors? now) stories. It is definitely one of the best art galleries I've personally been to in terms of the quality of the art, just wonderful. Pricey, but hey good quality stuff does not come cheap. Mama Nike herself was there that day, she was just absolutely pleasant to talk to and oozing with wisdom. It was wonderful to meet her.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by portage(m): 6:48pm On May 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill,
e be like say you be the park ranger true true grin grin
Ever consider being a comedian undecided? You got the skills man! grin grin
No allow the guy with Anatummy catch you sha grin grin grin
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by KINGwax(m): 7:02pm On May 21, 2012
Trills: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FX2QDH2
Please HELP A BROTHER OUT.
I am a student of Birmingham City University enrolled on a MSc Business Computing course. Currently, I am writing my final project on DELIVERY MECHANISM IN NOLLYWOOD(As a way of making the industry more valuable to on the global market).
[/size][size=8pt]Please (Abeg), I need your collective assistance in answering a questionnaire (Follow the link) on the industry. Please I really do need your response urgently. Every information provided is strictly academic and will never be made public. Thank you all and God bless.
you knw, i wld have loved to click on your link and take part in the survey but d link puts me off. 'Survey monkey?' i knw say na one white dude help u develope that thing and whether na u or white man, both of you no go die well. If u use another name for your link, e no go work? God punish all of una. Go jungle find monkey do una survey na!
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by Vergil: 7:07pm On May 21, 2012
Went there. The staffs there kept saying the animals would come out when its raining season. I think its a reaaaaaaally good idea/place. Just hope they haven't killed and choped all those wildlife, cos there wasn't much wildlife to see.

Fresh air etc...and most importantly, you shouldn't go there, thinking of rushing thru d place. Its a place to relax, patient and chill really. I like to think those animals are still there, but when I went there...only peacocks, like a turtle or two and a monkey I think, we saw. Ooh yh, and a bird.
Maybe, raining season like the staffs keep saying. Dunno!
But nevertheless, nice place.

Also, think its official now. I've realised we have "hypers" registered on this site. All bent on hyping/advertising their stuff. This I think is a thread like it. Not saying the place aint all that. But op, u sly!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by graluxxy054(f): 7:26pm On May 21, 2012
Wow! I LOVE THIS!!! I love nature. Now u guyz are talking. Who will take me dia plssssssss.
Re: Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures) by imatalk(m): 7:56pm On May 21, 2012
las_gidiboy: Located on Lekki Peninsula, the nature park which covers a land area of 78 hectare is one of Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) foremost conservation project sites. The centre which was established in 1990 to serve as biodiversity conservation icon and environment education centre, is a laudable concept that has made the park one of the few natural environment relics within Lagos city.

For more: http://www.lasgidiboy.com/2012/05/lekki-conservation-centre-lagos.html

[img]http://2.bp..com/-mr7QovxhM6s/T7nQxpAW43I/AAAAAAAABmY/Be9nUVKDxzo/s400/1.png[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-XSbv2KnCcj0/T7nQzXCfBJI/AAAAAAAABmk/oHXDkmxQEkQ/s400/11.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-E7EMmSTCeJI/T7nQ1NvCiBI/AAAAAAAABm0/gb9F6W_o9-4/s400/13.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-eflVHF5PtQ8/T7nQ1xJsNaI/AAAAAAAABm8/qZvAeX-gKgw/s400/14.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-M6RZBcWgwAQ/T7nQ7LE8ENI/AAAAAAAABnk/CMtO-FIia2Y/s400/19.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-4zQcGIueC4c/T7nQ8fFPsNI/AAAAAAAABnw/hRTkpLttcS4/s400/2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-JgX1R-IypKU/T7nRAMEm9VI/AAAAAAAABoM/R63VihMRFTI/s400/23.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-sPAcJr2Z13Q/T7nRBifQ01I/AAAAAAAABoY/Lkb-NyoFJ3Q/s400/4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-GSVKFGORvAQ/T7nRCs5rdgI/AAAAAAAABoo/REZa7eUSX3g/s400/5.jpg[/img]

abeeg send me more detail i for like do my honey moon for this kind place...
indigenalization of my spendings

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) / Lawrenco Antonio Cardoso Family Takes Possession Of Apapa Land With 300 Houses / Port Harcourt Landlord Locks Out Electricity Company Over Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.