Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,429 members, 7,839,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Lessons To Learn From Chelsea's Victory As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lessons To Learn From Chelsea's Victory As A Christian (744 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Lessons To Learn From The Life Of An Eagle. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons To Learn From Chelsea's Victory As A Christian by tuby(m): 4:57pm On May 21, 2012
19th May, 2012 will be a unique day in the history of Chelsea football club of London. I learnt the club was formed in 1905 and they won there first UEFA champions league cup on 19/05, that is great for the club.

None of us actually gave them a chance, even their supporters and fans were merely supporting them out of loyalty. They fought a very tough battle but at the long run success was theirs.

It took extra effort for them to overcome Napoli of Italy and they fought a battle of a life time to overcome "almighty" Barcelona. Finally, they defeated Bayern Munich on their own field.

They got to the final in 2008 with an excellent team but the cup was not theirs but in 2012 when the team was average and getting old they won the cup. I say congrats to them.

Bringing the story line into Christianity, the bible says, 'I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not for swift or the battle for the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favour to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all'. Ecclesiastes 9 vs 11. Barcelona and Bayern were swift, strong, brilliant and they both had learned coaches but it took them nowhere. As a christian, what have you been doing by your swiftness, strength, brilliancy and even your certificates without putting God into consideration. It is now about you and not Jesus helping you to achieve all those great things you have done forgetting that the bible says, " 'Not by might nor by power, but by my spirit,' says the Lord Almighty".

Remember David doesn't have any of the attributes to confront a giant (Goliath) but God gave him the victory, he was not qualified to be the king but God qualified him and he became a successful king. Paul by been a former pharisee was not qualified to be an apostle but God made him one and he wrote almost half of the new testament. Moses was a killer but God made him the leader of the Israelite and he finally led them out of captivity in Egypt. So many others are there in the bible and even our world today.

This message is to those that believe so much in their expertise, leaving God out of there lives or keeping at a safe distant, remember that Chelsea also had all expertise in 2008 but never won the cup, all you need to do now is to look at where you missed it and go back to God with a heart of repentance and am sure he will forgive you and restore you back to your rightful position.

I look forward to congratulate you when you are receiving your own champions league cup. It is well.
Re: Lessons To Learn From Chelsea's Victory As A Christian by logicboy: 5:05pm On May 21, 2012
Nonsense. Football is a game of both team effort of hardwork and chance. Stoke can beat barcelona if Stoke gets a last minute penality or Barcelona loses a lot of first team players to injury.

Christianity has nothing to do with it.
Re: Lessons To Learn From Chelsea's Victory As A Christian by oiseworld: 7:17pm On May 21, 2012
@op, thanks for that message, i was really blessed.

Logicboy, i gbadun you. Whenever i read your post i remember paul in the bible. After pesecuting the church he had an encounter with Christ. He then worked so hard for the church, infact he over took most of the apostles that wher even with christ. Bro carry on.

Your time go soon come!
Re: Lessons To Learn From Chelsea's Victory As A Christian by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 21, 2012
nonsense
Re: Lessons To Learn From Chelsea's Victory As A Christian by logicboy: 7:19pm On May 21, 2012
oiseworld: @op, thanks for that message, i was really blessed.

Logicboy, i gbadun you. Whenever i read your post i remember paul in the bible. After pesecuting the church he had an encounter with Christ. He then worked so hard for the church, infact he over took most of the apostles that wher even with christ. Bro carry on.

Your time go soon come!

No shaking.

(1) (Reply)

What If The Wombs In The Bible Are Actually Land Masses ? / How To Hack Someones Snapchat 2018 - How To Hack Snapchat Account 2018 / What Do I Do In This Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.