Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Drogba To Leave Chelsea - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba To Leave Chelsea (543 Views)

Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua / Drogba To Leave Chelsea / Didier Drogba Marries Fiancée Lala Diakite In Monaco (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Drogba To Leave Chelsea by gbame(m): 9:26pm On May 21, 2012
Didier Drogba has confirmed he plans to quit Chelsea following his Champions League final heroics, according to reports in France. The striker has been quoted saying he informed his team-mates of his decision during the club’s open-top bus parade on Monday after leading them to the greatest moment in their history on Saturday night.Drogba, who has reportedly already agreed a deal to join Shanghai Shenhua when his Chelsea contract expires this summer, is said to have admitted he struggled to get the words out and burst into tears. “We will no longer be together next season,” the 34-year-old said in quotes attributed to France Football magazine. “As I decided to leave, I wanted to tell them straight in the eye. Except that I could not do it. They made me crack.
“Even though it’s been three years since I said I wanted to leave, I find it hard to admit that it’s over with this club – especially as I did not feel like this. But I could not see myself sitting on the bench to watch others play when the club plans to set up a new team.”

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/breaking-news-drogba-to-leave-chelsea-report/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/we-will-not-be-together-next-season-drogba-tells-chelsea/
Re: Drogba To Leave Chelsea by gbame(m): 9:32pm On May 21, 2012
Congratulations! DD, you deserve it after all your hard work.
Re: Drogba To Leave Chelsea by mukina2: 9:18am On May 22, 2012

(1)

Do You Think Wenger Can Survive Another Season Without Winning Any Silverware? / Arsenal: The Other Side Of The Coins / Reading Vs Manchester United Today 6.30pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.