Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

IG: Constables To Earn N50000 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IG: Constables To Earn N50000 (11591 Views)

London Police To Recruit Yoruba Constables / Lowest Ranking Police Officers To Earn N50000 Monthly- IGP / Lol:over 1,500 Police Constables Are Without The Basic Entry Qualifications Into The Force. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 23, 2012
honeric01: police is d 1st dangerous security jobs in Nigeria, so i dont see a good grader going for it except the fustrated ones. Nigerians love life jare. U fit do am?
Then you will be amazed.
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by naptu2: 4:12pm On May 23, 2012
Good move. Other measures, such a psychological evaluation (after death of colleague, or after killing someone) and shorter shifts need to be implemented.
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by duen23(m): 4:17pm On May 23, 2012
No where in the world are the police paid handsomely. Granted, 28, 000 Naira is too low and encourages people to be corrupt but that is too simplistic an answer. Our lawmakers earn millions but are still corrupt. Should you increase their pay so they will be less corrupt? A corrupt individual will not change because he earns more. There is something as selfless service. If you really want to be rich, get a degree in anything that will get you into the oil sector. If however, you want to serve, you should NOT expect to earn huge amounts of money.
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by jmaine: 4:25pm On May 23, 2012
gulfer: I disagree with you totally. If you need to motivate police and improve security by increasing their salaries, then be ready to do same across board is mt leaning. I just tried to put a bit of jocularity to it using the amnestied militants. Have you visited any of the ministries; to see what goes on in terms of absolute corruption, which is my worries. it is not only the policemen but the entire National workforce bar some private/multinational establishments.

Gee, the military have always enjoyed immense welfare benefits while the Police were being paid peanuts . . .so this is more a balancing act rather than an unequal pay rise . .
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Cupidkc(m): 4:26pm On May 23, 2012
duen23: No where in the world are the police paid handsomely. Granted, 28, 000 Naira is too low and encourages people to be corrupt but that is too simplistic an answer. Our lawmakers earn millions but are still corrupt. Should you increase their pay so they will be less corrupt? A corrupt individual will not change because he earns more. There is something as selfless service. If you really want to be rich, get a degree in anything that will get you into the oil sector. If however, you want to serve, you should NOT expect to earn huge amounts of money.
Nice one...funny though when you said the oil sector¿ We have other options.
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by duen23(m): 4:31pm On May 23, 2012
Cupidkc:
Nice one...funny though when you said the oil sector¿ We have other options.
Yeah. Other places dey but you don hear how much oil workers dey collect? When I say 'If you want too earn more' I mean 'earn more honestly'. If you don't mind how you earn it, be a politician smiley.
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 23, 2012
It has been no secret that the system never cared much for police officers. They are frustrated.
And that frustration made its way to the citizens, who they killed themselves and left for armed robbers to rob. That salary had never been reviewed since early times when coke was still N20.

How can a man with a family still be making N28k per month? No savings, no money set aside to support his family, nothing. And you then expect him to come and risk his life and make his wife a widow.

This government always loves to try and fly before they can even crawl, and it is a common attribute in Nigerians.
They want to look good NOW (i.e look we have a police force/look I have an armani suit) without laying the groundwork for sustainability.
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by ogasir2011: 4:34pm On May 23, 2012
THis IG is a big LIAR. A Police Constable currently collects N46,000 per month.
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 23, 2012
ogasir2011: THis IG is a big LIAR. A Police Constable currently collects N46,000 per month.

Oh? perhaps by state. Maybe he was giving an average figure. Certainly an officer in a big city would earn more than one in a villagesque area.
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Tosin4luv(m): 4:36pm On May 23, 2012
this may be the result.

Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Novice1(m): 4:37pm On May 23, 2012
This is the best IG Nigeria has had for a while.

1 Like

Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by oba009(m): 4:38pm On May 23, 2012
Tosin4luv: this may be the result.

WETIN BE DS?
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Obinna138: 4:38pm On May 23, 2012
Gud
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by doctokwus: 4:46pm On May 23, 2012
Novice1: This is the best IG Nigeria has had for a while.
Says who?because he proposed increased police salary?
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by lacasa: 4:47pm On May 23, 2012
i am getting more & more impressed with this IGP, he seems τ̅o be active.

a head always thinnks abt his people, God bless the. Effort aπϑ will τ̅o atleast raise the average cops earning power.

Well, let's hope uncle jona doesn't fall Your hand with this proposal
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by stagger: 4:51pm On May 23, 2012
Constables have been going home with N100,000 pay (official + egunje). It is in their blood to collect bribe and it will not stop.
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Walexz02(m): 5:48pm On May 23, 2012
4ward: I think dis IGP has alot of Positive Ideas To bring a Newphase 2 d NPF also deterninedddd like Kanu 2 Improve the welfare of hs Boys.Good Thinking Hope u get Good result or Product....God Bless Nigeria
D most sensible post i hv read since d creation of ds thraedgrin
Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz learn to appreciate pple‘s tinkin
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 23, 2012
ismhab: EVEN IF TO SAY THE LOWEST RANKING OFFICER USED TO EARN 1,000,000 NAIRA, HE WILL NEVER STOP COLLECTING 10 NAIRA FROM INNOCENT CITIZENS.

Lmaooo
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 23, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: And some ppl will come here insulting the president! Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is the best thing that has ever happened to this country since its bastard creation! !!!!!!!
I trust that man even though he is quiet which ppl take for weakness. He will surprise his haters !

Oya, surprise me by changing it from "His" to "Is".
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by ZUBY77(m): 6:13pm On May 23, 2012
That is very poor compared to what the useless lawmakers at NASS are looting. They should atleast earn 100k
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by monkeyleg: 6:51pm On May 23, 2012
If true, that is welcome. About time, but it must also thier condition of employment must be revised and the quality of police scrutinised
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by gulfer: 6:59pm On May 23, 2012
tongue cool
stagger: Constables have been going home with N100,000 pay (official + egunje). It is in their blood to collect bribe and it will not stop.
Yes O! How will they make the balance? Over to you IGP...
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by AAAdam(m): 7:18pm On May 23, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: And some ppl will come here insulting the president! Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is the best thing that has ever happened to this country since its bastard creation! !!!!!!!
I trust that man even though he is quiet which ppl take for weakness. He will surprise his haters !
bastard/mumu. Do u understand d new?
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 23, 2012
This is a very good move because constables are people mostly with NECO AND SSCE qualifications.that makes police job even salary superior to banking for fresh graduates of which I know an ASP which is the first rank for graduates earn about 160k monthly under the minimum wage scale plus small office runs they always do presently which is due to increase by 78% soon.At least their bribery would reduce when it is implemented.
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by AAAdam(m): 7:28pm On May 23, 2012
ogasir2011: THis IG is a big LIAR. A Police Constable currently collects N46,000 per month.
Mumu d 24 he said, he is refering to basic salary- allowances.
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Two4Two(m): 7:37pm On May 23, 2012
Hi All,

I want you to agree with me that the IGP has noble intentions but i can swear with the name of my grand father of blessed memory that even if you pay them 100,000 monthly, they will still collect bribe because. Its already in their system. Dont you observe how some of them were frowning whenever the IGP mentions the road block removal. I even heard from a reliable source that they tried to convince him to bring back the road block.
Are you also saying that if they pay them this much that they will stop asking for money for bail, pen, and stationaries from people who come for one case or the other.
Money is not the issue they should first remove the unrepentant bad eggs both from the officers and men. If you clean a pig it will still visit the refuse dump. a pig is a pig.
Guys what do you think?
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by Uncledom(m): 9:49pm On May 23, 2012
It a good idea but dat means all NPF will be so fat will the be able to even run again
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by supereagle(m): 9:52pm On May 23, 2012
Will that produce corruption free police in this country.
Re: IG: Constables To Earn N50000 by bandely(m): 10:12pm On May 23, 2012
Good initiative IMHO.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Bomb Explosion Kills 6 In Yobe / Chima Anyaso Shares 50 Motorcycles To Delegates For Ikpeazu / APC, PDP Fight Over Failure To Restructure Nigeria Since 1999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.