Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,920 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Kudos To Intercontinental Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Kudos To Intercontinental Bank (2004 Views)

Intercontinental Bank Test Soonest / Intercontinental Bank Plc Recruiting / Vacancies At Intercontinental Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by Emperoh(m): 9:03am On Nov 18, 2007
I think intercontinental Bank has learnt enough lesson. Their test was well organised safe for the dalay. It was scheduled to commence at 9.00am but didn't until 12noon or there about. But that will be over looked if going by their former records. But they were able to organise a crowd of about 3000 people. The test was difficult and also with their negative marking policy one just have to be careful. Wishing all Landers who wrote the test Nation Wide a huge success. I heard they needed like 1000 people Nation wide and 400 in Lagos. They received over 88000 aplications and shortlisted 10000 people for the test nation wide.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by sandrac: 11:25am On Nov 18, 2007
tanx dear.the test is a little difficult.am among the 400 people.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by asaajuomo1(m): 8:29am On Nov 19, 2007
Well organised in Abuja. There was no delay in Abuja and we wrote the test has scheduled. Gatecrashers were not allowed because the Candidate ID number was checked and verified on their own record at the gate.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by uwex: 10:03am On Nov 19, 2007
it was fun on saturday in Lagos @ the test venue. I trust God is working out something for each an everyone of us. I see myself in that organization already. Much love guys.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by Emperoh(m): 10:32am On Nov 19, 2007
Test has already been marked for the Lagos candidates. The highest was 75 and their cut-off mark is 50 percent. The perfomance was poor according to my HR source. I still believe God will bail us out. All the same Good luck to us all.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by guyman2(m): 11:09am On Nov 19, 2007
Emperoh:

Test has already been marked for the Lagos candidates. The highest was 75 and their cut-off mark is 50 percent. The perfomance was poor according to my HR source. I still believe God will bail us out. All the same Good luck to us all.

How authentic is this information? Considering the fact that the test was written barely 48 hours ago. When you say negative marking, does it imply that one wrong crosses a right? Please fill me in.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by Emperoh(m): 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2007
guyman2:

How authentic is this information? Considering the fact that the test was written barely 48 hours ago. When you say negative marking, does it imply that one wrong crosses a right? Please fill me in.

very very authentic. My source is a HR staff that i drive to work with every morning. I was discussing about the issue with her and she gave me the info. I will find out more and let the house know. On the issue of Negative marking, I don't know if you wrote the test but if you did, one of the instructions on the Booklet cover ( i think no 5 ) reads; "Guesses will Be Penalised". Guyman, what does that tell you. For every wrong answer, you lose a correct response. So if you were asked to answer 40 questions and you got 20 and failed 20, your score for that assessment is 0 (zero). So take note. GOOD LUCK.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by techy(f): 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2007
I lost out in this test. my bag was snatched from me here in Lagos on wed.,my phone was there, didn't get the info on the test. I wish you guys all the best
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by serialeco(m): 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2007
Negative marking is not limited to the ratio 1:1, it could be 1:3, 1:4 as the case may be. it will also be wrong to conclude that you get zero if you answer, and correctly, 20 out of 40 questions. you will only be panalized for those you answer wrongly and not those you did not answer at all. did you also notice that some questions did not have their answers among the options. e.g the question about the elevator had , naira as possible answers when the answer should be in hours or minutes.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2007
i sat for the exam in abuja, and i was overwhelmed by the seedy crowd i met there.
Being my first brace with any job test of any sort, that saturday's experience really drove home the point about the level of unemployment in this country.
You had to see we Nigerian graduates in our numbers, like 4000 of us for the two batches.
I know no say na so e be oh!!
Even though I notched a 2,2 in mech engineering i still couldnt fathom  why intercontinental threw the flood gates open to all and sundry. For Christ's sakes they so easily could have pegged their minimum benchmarlk at 2,1 like access and co to curb down the number of potential applicants.
I therefore commend intercontinental for giving peeps like us a chance to show the stuff we are made of on a level playing field

It's also very reassuring to hear they need about 1000 people nationwide, which means that people who breezed thru the test which was fairly easy especially the verbal aspect stand a decent chance of being taken. i pray we all succeed. cheerio
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by guyman2(m): 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2007
serialeco:

Negative marking is not limited to the ratio 1:1, it could be 1:3, 1:4 as the case may be. it will also be wrong to conclude that you get zero if you answer, and correctly, 20 out of 40 questions. you will only be panalized for those you answer wrongly and not those you did not answer at all. did you also notice that some questions did not have their answers among the options. e.g the question about the elevator had , naira as possible answers when the answer should be in hours or minutes.

Apart from the elevator question, the questions about telephone manners had to do with a short comprehension passage in the IEC 2006 GMAT, but in this case, the passage wasn't reproduced. How were we expected to answer these questions correctly in line with the passage? The test was relatively cheap and I commend intercontinental for giving us a lifeline to be among the happy family.

Happy customer. . . happy bank!
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by guyman2(m): 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2007
When will the result be officially released? Kindly fill me in. See you in training school.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by emeka22: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2007
I wrote in Enugu. The organisation was great. Thanks to Emeka Anagu.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by aristole(m): 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2007
God will be with us.All i know is dt either negative or counter marking;I am gonna b there men.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by asaajuomo1(m): 10:11am On Nov 20, 2007
C_JAY:

Even though I notched a 2,2 in mech engineering i still couldnt fathom  why intercontinental threw the flood gates open to all and sundry. For Christ's sakes they so easily could have pegged their minimum benchmarlk at 2,1 like access and co to curb down the number of potential applicants.
I therefore commend intercontinental for giving peeps like us a chance to show the stuff we are made of on a level playing field
!!!!!!!

This is a legacy to other Banks to emulate by giving 2-2 and HND Graduates opportunities to show the kind of stuff they are made of.

HAPPY BANK, HAPPY APPLICANTS
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by hamabra(m): 10:21am On Nov 20, 2007
Na so intercontinental bank is too much, hoping to join them soon.
catch u there
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by Emperoh(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2007
Some are already seeing their result.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by railfront(m): 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2007
emperor,how do you know candidates are already checking their result.we were told the result will be officially out in three weeks time.How sure re you? Pls keep me posted because i'm curious to mine too.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by vikkoman: 6:56pm On Nov 20, 2007
Emperoh,are you Ben that stayed at Detroit Garden at Unizik?I am Victorthat stayed in the same lodge at UNIZIK.iI graduated 2004 from Applied Microbiology.Please notify me if you are the one.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by Emperoh(m): 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2007
vikkoman:

Emperoh,are you Ben that stayed at Detroit Garden at Unizik?I am Victorthat stayed in the same lodge at UNIZIK.iI graduated 2004 from Applied Microbiology.Please notify me if you are the one.

I never stayed at Temp site. I lived in Ifite through out and Studied French. Graduated in 2005.

@ rail front. Read my post very well. I didn't say the result is out but some are already seeing their marks by whatever means.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by sweetonyx(m): 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2007
hey guys,on the whole the intercontinental bank test was alrite I wish all nairalanders the best, success is ours in Jesus name,Amen.
Re: Kudos To Intercontinental Bank by mercury(m): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2007
Hey guys,
What's up with the GMATS 2006 everyone has been referring to. Some said it's IEC GMAT 2006 .

There is no IEC GMATS 2006 to the best of my knowledge

My question is which of the GMATS 2006 does Intercontinental bank use.

Which GMATS 2006 are you referring to.

Is it the one from Peterson, Princeton, Kaplan, McGraw-Hill's, Barron,The Official Guide(ETS), Arco, Exam cram or others

Which of the above GMATS please

(1) (Reply)

Update On Uac Management Trainee Scheme / Vacancy In A Communication Company In Lagos / We Distribute Ur Flyers And Do Ur Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.