Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,852 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants (12372 Views)

Nigerian Car Dealership Shop Burnt Down In SA Xenophobic Violence! / Pictures Of Illegal Immigrants To Be Deported From America / Israeli Threats And Racism Against African Immigrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Onyocha: 4:22pm On May 24, 2012
[size=18pt]Israeli anti-immigration riots hit African neighbourhood of Tel Aviv
[/size]

Tel Aviv has been hit by the most violent protests in its recent history after more than 1,000 Israelis took to the streets in the city's south to demand the deportation of African immigrants and asylum seekers.

By Phoebe Greenwood in Tel Aviv

4:08PM BST 24 May 2012

The predominately black neighbourhood of Hatikva was ransacked by groups of nationalist protesters who had attended a demonstration on Wednesday night against illegal African migrants.

The protesters claim the Africans are responsible for a rise in crime, bearing signs saying "This is not Africa" and "Stop talking, start expelling".

"Blacks out!" shouted demonstrators in the crowd, while others yelled "Send the Sudanese back to Sudan", as other protesters derided the "bleeding-heart leftists" working to help them.

The mob set cans of rubbish on fire, smashed the windows of shops owned by Eritrean migrants and beat up Africans walking through the streets.

TJ, a 29-year-old migrant from [size=14pt]Nigeria,[/size]watched the violent chaos from his rooftop having been chased and pelted with rocks when he attempted to leave his house.

"There were protesters everywhere smashing shop and car windows," he said. "A group of about 10 or 15 boys stopped one black kid cycling on his bike. They pulled him off and were punching and kicking him in his head. The police just stood and watched until it got really out of control."

Other witnesses described a gang assaulting a mother carrying a young baby so violently that she was forced to drop her child. Others stopped shuttle buses to search for migrant workers among their passengers.

The Israeli police confirmed they had arrested 17 suspects involved in "a protest against illegal African immigrants". Extra police units were positioned to prevent further violence in the area last night.

Peace Now, an Israeli human rights organisation, is calling for an investigation into whether the speakers at Wednesday night's rally, including Knesset ministers Miri Regev, Danny Danon, Yari Levin and Michael Ben-Ari, are guilty of incitement.

During her address, Ms Regev described illegal immigrants as a "cancer in our society".

Danny Danon, a member of Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud party, wrote in a Facebook status later the same evening: "Israel is at war. An enemy state of infiltrators was established in Israel, and its capital is south Tel Aviv."

According to Israeli government figures, there are currently 60,000 African asylum seekers in Israel. The vast majority come from Eritrea and Sudan and were smuggled into the country by foot through Israel's southern border with Egypt, many having been beaten and tortured by their smugglers in camps in the Sinai en route.

Israel terms any illegal immigrant through this border an 'infiltrator' and estimate 90 per cent are economic migrants coming to Israel to look for work – a stark contrast to the figures in England and Canada, where 66 per cent and 96 per cent of Eritreans who arrive illegally are granted refugee status.

The Israeli government currently does not deport Eritreans or Sudanese however Yehuda Weinstein, Israel's attorney general, will appear before the Jerusalem District Court next week to argue that there is no longer a legal obstacle to expelling 700 Southern Sudanese refugees. If approved, Israel will be the first country to have reached this decision.

Defending her position on Thursday, Ms Regev insisted that while she does not condone violence, African immigrants pose a grave demographic threat to Israel. "Israel should adopt the US protocol of returning infiltrators to the border within 72 hours ... Jews and Israelis are scared of living in their country," she said.

Mr Danon's proposition to prevent further violence was to deport the city's African residents " to detention facilities and remove Africans from population centres".

Bracing themselves for a second round of nationalist protests on Thursday evening, the residents of Hatikva are struggling to resume normal life.

'TJ' says he is among the few who has left his home following the violence: "Black people have been too afraid to leave their homes to go to work today. Racism in Tel Aviv is not only getting worse it's getting out of hand and the police are no help. We are terrified."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/9287715/Israeli-anti-immigration-riots-hit-African-neighbourhood-of-Tel-Aviv.html
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Onyocha: 4:47pm On May 24, 2012
First Published: 2012-05-24

[size=18pt]Israel threatens to send African immigrants ‘behind bars’

[/size]
Violent race riots prompt top-level calls for immediate arrest, expulsion of tens of thousands of African migrants.

Middle East Online
By Jean-Luc Renaudie – JERUSALEM

Who’s expelling whom?

Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai demanded on Thursday that all illegal African immigrants be put "behind bars" before kicking them all out.

"We must put all these infiltrators behind bars in detention and holding centres, then send them home because they come and take work from Israelis," he told army radio.

Unless the government took urgent action, there would "soon be half a million to a million, and we cannot lose our country to this," said the minister, who has frequently called for the expulsion of non-Jewish immigrants, sparking cries of racism.

Violent race riots that shook southern Tel Aviv overnight sparked shock in Israel on Thursday, but also prompted top-level calls for the immediate arrest and expulsion of tens of thousands of African migrants.

The latest unrest to sweep the impoverished neighbourhoods around Tel Aviv's central bus station erupted on Wednesday night when a demonstration of around 1,000 people who were protesting against the rising number of Africans moving into the area turned violent.

"Shock, violence and hatred of foreigners in Tel Aviv" was the headline in the Maariv daily, which described scenes of chaos as demonstrators went on the rampage with sticks and stones, attacking African-run shops and smashing up a car driven by two African men.

"Blacks out!" shouted demonstrators in the crowd, while others yelled "Send the Sudanese back to Sudan," several media reports said, as other protesters derided the "bleeding-heart leftists" working to help them.

Most reports said the rally turned nasty after the crowd was whipped up by several racist speeches by right-wing MPs, several of them from the ruling Likud party of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

"The infiltrators are a cancer in our body," Likud MP Miri Regev told the crowd, as fellow MP Danny Danon shouted: "The infiltrators must be expelled from Israel! Expulsion now!"

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said 20 people had been arrested on suspicion of vandalising shops and attacking cars driven by Africans, but added that there were no reports of anyone being injured.

The police have also extended the remand of seven Israeli minors accused of attacking African immigrants earlier this week, he said.

Interior ministry statistics show there are more than 60,000 African immigrants living illegally in Israel.

Some are asylum seekers fleeing persecution, while others are economic migrants. Almost all of them sneak across the border from the Egyptian Sinai and end up living in the run-down neighbourhoods around Tel Aviv's bus station.

The issue of illegal immigration from Africa has thrown into relief sharp divisions within Israel, with many top officials, including Netanyahu, warning that their growing numbers pose a major threat to the security and identity of Israel.

Wednesday's nights violence made headlines in all the main Hebrew-language newspapers, as well as on the TV and radio stations, with army radio denouncing it as a "pogrom."

In a bid to halt the influx of immigrants from Africa, Israel has been building a 250-kilometre (155-mile) fence along the Egyptian border. It has also built a vast detention centre near the border to house anyone caught crossing the frontier.

At the start of the year, Netanyahu said he was planning to visit several African capitals to discuss the issue of immigration, but so far no such plans have been made public.

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=52442
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by crosbreaka: 5:01pm On May 24, 2012
violence and beatings and racial slander-where is the UN?

and most importantly where is the Nigerian government? Nigerians and blacks cannot walk the streets of Tel Aviv.they are done with the palestinians and now they have turned to blacks with their zionist racism.na wa o.
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Nobody: 8:18am On May 25, 2012
vb
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by giancarlo(m): 8:22am On May 25, 2012
Crazy, So, this can also happen in Isreal.
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by ismhab(m): 8:23am On May 25, 2012
A LOT OF IGBOS WILL RETURN BACK TO FRESH AIR.

1 Like

Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Nobody: 8:25am On May 25, 2012
oyibomoses: I have always known that Israel dont like black that is why somethings i say i prefer Arabs than Hebrews, i have stayed in both Egypt and Israel so i have my own experience duo i never stayed as an Illegal immigrant but they treat all blacks the same, i pity Igbos boys there. i can't shout
something like this happened in france and greece less dan two months ago. bt was not violent. just a protest against blacks
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by ibrahim007: 8:26am On May 25, 2012
Look at this faackking Israelites sha.Imagine oo!!
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by PeeDaVinci: 8:28am On May 25, 2012
fyi (in case u dont know) israel is a racist state. it is called a jewish state in its constitution. so, if u r not a jew, just forget it.
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Lacoolmley: 8:28am On May 25, 2012
Hmm...in this modern age! Things are really happening o! In the words of Tupac, "Being black hurts".

1 Like

Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by AnotherOkija: 8:30am On May 25, 2012
Fhuck those Isrealis...

If Hitler had succeeded in his plans, The whole fhucking Isreal would be an amusement park by now.. Bitchass country... I wish Ahmedinajab would drop a nuke and some Katushas on their Jewish asses!! They think we are Jesus that they killed without a fight! angry
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by kodewrita(m): 8:31am On May 25, 2012
Guess they ran out of palestinians to shoot.

I would suggest African countries kick out Israeli embassies if a single citizen from their country is killed.

They cant eat their cake and have it.

You are either open or you stay away. Ask North Korea.

2 Likes

Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by ibrahim007: 8:40am On May 25, 2012
I bet that bastardo Jonathan will be like "make israel take am easy naw".Instead of them to starting throwing out their companies and embassies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by sweethunibun(m): 8:42am On May 25, 2012
Are they after the igbo jews as well grin

3 Likes

Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by olempe(m): 8:46am On May 25, 2012
Omoh! No be small thing o,I just pity those people sha, and those Middle East people are deadly and have no mercy.
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by zangality(m): 8:48am On May 25, 2012
Racism against black everywhere.Is being black a crime?...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by FBS: 8:48am On May 25, 2012
And what the heck is the Federal Government doing about this?
Ok, they are illegals, then ship them back to their respective countries. Why the hate, why the abuse?
Calling my mama now to skip her trip.
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Kuulnomsy(m): 9:06am On May 25, 2012
sweet hunibun: Are they after the igbo jews as well grin
Moderators lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

ismhab: A LOT OF IGBOS WILL RETURN BACK TO FRESH AIR.
Moderators undecided undecided

Lots of comments were deleted yesterdays based on this.
I wonder who is deceiving who now shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by AnotherOkija: 9:07am On May 25, 2012
ibrahim007: I bet that bastardo Jonathan will be like "make israel take am easy naw".Instead of them to starting throwing out their companies and embassies.

You need to stop fhucking cows... Its making you reason like one!
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by farochron(m): 9:10am On May 25, 2012
What are Africans doing in that small country, to add to their problem. beside for all those crying foul, the attention was more on Sudanese and Eritrieans and not all Africans (no thanks to the misguided reporter)and if their attitude has made this small country generalise that black people are the cause of the problem, then stay in your country or go else where simple. Isreal is not the only country on the planet. After all the entire size of the country is not more than three states in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by wilxz(m): 9:10am On May 25, 2012
Omo! See Israel and racism. It very ironic how these people quickly forgot what they went through being victims of racism. Africans should call on the germans to remain them that they are not a superior race.
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Isaactop9(m): 9:13am On May 25, 2012
If africa was better will there be news lyk dis ... I weep for africa sad

1 Like

Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Nobody: 9:20am On May 25, 2012
Sometimes I wonder why Nigerian Christians on pilgrimage run to isreal at the slightest opportunity. I would rather visit Jerusalem as a tourist. How can they forget that isreal has always been a Jewish state and not a Christian one. Their flag with the sign of David sign says it all. The Jews don't like anyone that's not jew. They have this non-Jews defile them mentality.

solidbroda: something like this happened in france and greece less dan two months ago. bt was not violent. just a protest against blacks

WoW, France too...I have seen more blacks in France than any EU country I have passed through. With the black population and North Africans there, the whites must be really pissed. LOL
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Nobody: 9:24am On May 25, 2012
When it comes to racism, no one can beat the Arabs.

I can show you tons of articles depicting the hostility of Arabs to blacks from the Arab slave trade to the killing of blacks in Libya to the racism of the Arab Northern Sudanese on the Black Sudanese.

At least we do not hear of anyone getting killed in Israel for their skin color. What about the way the Lebanese treat blacks in their own country

SMH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Nobody: 9:26am On May 25, 2012
No wonder Ahmedinejad said Israel should be wiped off the surface of the earth.Very useless and irritating people.These are the same people that suffered in the hands of pharoah and see what they are doing now.Cursed people ! angry
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Nobody: 9:30am On May 25, 2012
Ironic considering the fact these were the same circumstances in which the Nazis wanted them killed. They probably migrate more than Africans do. They're everywhere. They should know better...
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by ibrahim007: 9:32am On May 25, 2012
@ another okija,unfortunately the girls wey i dey pkansh consistently for the last 6 months naw them bi igbo girl.Brother,i no gor lie you them sabi think like cow well well.Thanks for the brotherly talk man me sef dey notice say them don dey infect me ma sef.Cheers.
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by pdpiperpippen: 9:42am On May 25, 2012
No wonder Hitler cleared over 6million of them, kai! UN for allow am make em finish wetin him start. But not to worry sha, IRAN dey, shey nay nuclear weapon them they try make, very soon we go clear isreal commot for map. Iran president sef don talk am. F**cking jews!
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Observer1: 9:49am On May 25, 2012
WHERE is Buzugee that thought that igbos are israelites.
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Nobody: 9:53am On May 25, 2012
Another Okija: Fhuck those Isrealis...

If Hitler had succeeded in his plans, The whole fhucking Isreal would be an amusement park by now.. Bitchass country... I wish Ahmedinajab would drop a nuke and some Katushas on their Jewish asses!! They think we are Jesus that they killed without a fight! angry

stop that, israel is a convenant nation nobody can wipe them. Though i am not in support of what they are doing now, but come to look at it, the problem Nigeria is facing today is the handy work of nigerien, sudanis etc. So isreal is a nation who would not want to take any chances.
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Ndata(m): 9:54am On May 25, 2012
@ibrahim007
unfortunately the girls wey i dey pkansh consistently for the last 6 months naw them bi igbo girl.Brother,i no gor lie you them sabi think like cow well well.Thanks for the brotherly talk man me sef dey notice say them don dey infect me ma sef.Cheers

Who is this Aboki mai suya?
Re: Israeli Violence And Racism Against African Immigrants by Nobody: 9:59am On May 25, 2012
Of all people, Israelis are the ones now discriminating against other people? SMDH!
Let them remember where they are coming from. If African countries start picketing their nationals (which will only serve as stimuli to other anti-semitic nations), they will be the ones crying. No one discriminates against blacks and expect sympathy from vultures!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russian Scientists Aim At Making Human Beings Live Forever In The Next 10 Years / More Than 100 Killed While Seeking Aid In Gaza, Overall Death Toll Passes 30,000 / African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.