Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 (17044 Views)

Best Graduating Student In Delta State University With A CGPA Of 4.86 / Ayodele Dada Is Not The First Nigerian To Make CGPA Of 5.0. Why D Noise? / She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by 2great: 6:10pm On May 28, 2012
jst wonderin d bone of contention here, even if u av a cgpa of 4.99, once u dont meet d stipulated requirements 4 grad, den u resolve 2 d alternative like its done in any gud skul n to every student under stp as long as d dept aint ready 2 wave 4 anyone dat fails. No story abeg! thnk God its a private skul n she aint gonna spend a whole yr dat cld b truncated into more.. as in d case of oauife.wshn her d best.

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by malc619(m): 6:20pm On May 28, 2012
flckr: Seen all u guys posts.I went dwn 2 d school nd d story is same as wht she tld me.d Hod said d students r nt serz wv d newhorizons thn & so sch has nw made it compulsory for them 2 do b4 leavn.Ma heartache is raisn 170k btw nw & nxt wk.her name & 4 odas r on d list of graduatn students dt wil even march on sun buh dy r signin an undertakn dt y wil cme bac nd write d course for summer or else dy wnt releas d degree.ma heartache is I wnt a breakdown of her scores cos she claims regular attendance,writes all assignmnts nd did al d test buh dy wnt ansa so 2 d slow pokes sayn trash ki shut.Its jst a case of extortn by private uni's

"He who comes into equity must come with clean hands."
You're sounding bitter because you didn't get the sympathy u were crying for. Any objective person would ask important questions before sympathizing with you. grin grin grin grin

Is she the only one in her class
Did others not pass the exam

You just mentioned why your sister deserved to fail below:

d Hod said d students r nt serz [/b]wv d newhorizons thn & so sch has nw made it compulsory for them 2 do b4 leavn
It is a case of your sister not being serious with the course. Stop trying to play the victim just to get cheap sympathy.

Tell her to be serious his time or she might fail again...

[b]PERIOD
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by flckr: 6:38pm On May 28, 2012
@ Dabeaver;I happen 2 av schooled jst 40mins away(OOU) from babcock so I knw abt d sch well.New horizon ws nvr a prerequisite 4 graduatn.I blame her for evry bit of dsmessup as I tld her its a case of over confidence even tho' sch wnt grant a review of d newhorizons result breakdown.For ur info;she's jst 20plus,microsoft certified.
Her antecedents speaks 4 her2 dose doubtn her 4.3
Dts ma exit statement
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Odunnu: 6:43pm On May 28, 2012
fluid26:

are u a graduate? If yes, den u don't sound like one. Would u hang urself if u come across students with OUTSTANDING cgpa's of 4.6, 4.8 or even 4.9? Why should she resit for a useless course without grade unit??!! Imagine! It's just like retaking AfriHUB exam if u initially made an ''F''. Mstcheeew! Nonsense!! That's one problem with all dese stoopid private schools, dey always tend to overreach demselves.
Listen, if you fail 'Afrihub' ICT certification in UNN, you are not moving an inch out as a graduate even though its a zero unit course
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by tinnymerit(m): 6:54pm On May 28, 2012
@ dabeaver,its not the way its used to be then.New horizons is just a waste of time for students now in babcock,its not on the course form and had it been it were u then u will do the same thing because its zero(o) unit more or less like registering chapel seminar,if u can still remember that BU programme.The sch is just out to siphon money through the students,they turned the offer of many organizatn down but dey can exthort their stds and making mouth dat dey build the sch without external influence after turning the parents into bald people. little wonder dey dont av alumni standg. Though am not affected but i feel for dem.imagine getting ma C grade for attending just 2 classes,where on earth did i get the grade from?.tanx to God for saving my thousands.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Claumy2(m): 6:58pm On May 28, 2012
2good:

I once wrote a job aptitude test with a best graduating student in the faculty of engineering and he failed the test. Will you say he cheated to get his first class because he failed the test? A 4.3 GPA shows that someone is atleast serious and hard working irrespective of the school they go to.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Claumy2(m): 7:09pm On May 28, 2012
I maintained that most of these private school graduates whether secondary schools or universities do engage in gross exam mal-practice which makes them much more unqualified to have what certificate they parade with them. In most private universities, students, even the most dull one graduate with 4. Is very much likely that that your 1st class candidate is from one of the private universities or that he has no Abraham to get him the job. I'm EXTREMELY SURPRISED THAT A GRADUATE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE FAILED THE SO CALLED HORIZON EXAM. Let her go back and re-sit for the said exam.[quote author=Claumy2][/quote]I maintained that most of these private school graduates whether secondary schools or universities do engage in gross exam mal-practice which makes them much more unqualified to have what certificate they parade with them. In most private universities, students, even the most dull one graduate with 4. Is very much likely that that your 1st class candidate is from one of the private universities or that he has no Abraham to get him the job. I'm EXTREMELY SURPRISED THAT A GRADUATE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE FAILED THE SO CALLED HORIZON EXAM. Let her go back and re-sit for the said exam.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Claumy2(m): 7:10pm On May 28, 2012
I maintained that most of these private school graduates whether secondary schools or universities do engage in gross exam mal-practice which makes them much more unqualified to have what certificate they parade with them. In most private universities, students, even the most dull one graduate with 4. Is very much likely that that your 1st class candidate is from one of the private universities or that he has no Abraham to get him the job. I'm EXTREMELY SURPRISED THAT A GRADUATE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE FAILED THE SO CALLED HORIZON EXAM. Let her go back and re-sit for the said exam.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 28, 2012
Its funny how everybody has sumfng nasty to say. Once advice - if u cannot help. STFU!
Back to u mister Poster. I understand how u feel, exploited I must say. Dats hw every babcock student feels in d school. I'm a 300level student studyn d same course as ur sister CIS in BU. And I can attest to d fact that New horizon isn't a serious course in BU, infact, many of d last year graduatin class dint take d course. If the school decided to make it a requirement for graduates at the dying minute, it wouldn't be a new thing. dey do dat all d tym, jus to reduce d number of graduating students and make people come back for irrelevant courses.
Personally, it would have been wise for your sister to take every course, relevant or irrelevant, that shez offering very serious, cux u can never tell what babcock has up deir sleeves. Dey r so good at bringin up new rules everyday to d detriment of others. Finally, if BU has said she wudnt graduate, she wudnt. Except ure very loaded and ure related to d VC ... U knw what I mean.
And btw, 4.3 in my school is a second class. Not a first.
Next, u cannot be a genuis in every area.. Oversabi will kill nigerians. For instance, m pretty good in java programming but terrible at visual basic.. My guru c++ lecturer hated n was poor in java programming.. So pls, don't be quick to pass judgment for dose of u hu keep smelln dead rats. U shud probably check the mousetraps in ur homes, its full. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Claumy2(m): 7:26pm On May 28, 2012
2good:

I once wrote a job aptitude test with a best graduating student in the faculty of engineering and he failed the test. Will you say he cheated to get his first class because he failed the test? A 4.3 GPA shows that someone is atleast serious and hard working irrespective of the school they go to.
Private universities? I wonder how on earth a graduate of computer science with 4.3 failed such a related computer exam. Let her re-sit for the exam or forget about the said graduation. She's very lucky that she's in an easy going (private) university.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by saviola24: 7:41pm On May 28, 2012
@Op, if ur sista is so sure about herself,it wil b beta she goes for a remark. I finishd 4rm unizik &did afrihub wc i believ is equivalent to d exam ur sista wrote. Nw ther is evry posibility dat d computa must hv marked ur sista down.i rememba dat in my set,d guy dat finaly made d best afrihub result initialy scored below d pass mark,and wen he protested and hs script remarkd,he emerged d best.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by pdpiperpippen: 7:59pm On May 28, 2012
The rule is: you fail you resit period, if your sister isn't satisfied pls find the nearest printing press and make her own certificate grin
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by flckr: 8:38pm On May 28, 2012
@saviola thnks 4 d comment.I askd for a remark via a letter buh dy wnt answer.Av cme 2 accept deir verdict & so we'l pay 4 d summer.I jst hate d fact dt things are nt done d right way in ds country.The aim of dese ventures :Money making...
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by rhymz(m): 8:40pm On May 28, 2012
Some of you like to dey yarn nonesense without first understandin the issues being discussed.
Like Afrihub for instance, it is a fucking certification course of no value, students dont take them seriously, me for instance did not even bother to write it cos I know it is all about the money to them, so I paid the damn cash and got a reciept for my clearance. It should have no bearing on the person's passing out, that's bullshit and pure daylight robbery. It is not even part of your academic curriculum, so why make somebody pay so much for it and spend another two to three months in school for it, aint that gross. Our private schools mediocre walahi!

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 28, 2012
Tell your sis to pay her tithe asap so she can resit for the paper. SMH
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by mipemi(m): 8:46pm On May 28, 2012
Excuse me buh wht do u expect me to do abt that... Start and NGO for such or go to her school to protest...she has to rewrite the exam and judgin by her CGPA guess she has no problem in passin a second tym
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by mipemi(m): 8:46pm On May 28, 2012
Excuse me buh wht do u expect me to do abt that... Start an NGO for such or go to her school to protest...she has to rewrite the exam and judgin by her CGPA guess she has no problem in passin a second tym
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by captaindaylay(m): 8:55pm On May 28, 2012
I finished from the University of Lagos and had a near similar experience.I flunked a GST course(214).My exams officer called me after I had failed the paper again in final year and wondered whether I had chosen not to graduate.Fortunately,the school organised a make up exams for graduating students and God saved my arse!
My CGPA was above 4. too.so,you see,shit happens.She should prepare to write it again.God'll support her.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by atims: 9:02pm On May 28, 2012
Hmmmm... CGPA of 4.3...and she failed a mere certificate course...something is wrong!
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by 2good(m): 9:37pm On May 28, 2012
x
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Okimski(m): 10:25pm On May 28, 2012
Either private uni or federal uni all na d same thing, if u did not pass u are going nowhere. Pls let her go and retake it, is a must
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by slex(m): 11:07pm On May 28, 2012
odunnu did you finish from Babcock, which year did you finish i also finished, dont worry i have more than enought proof for you, i sent you a friend request
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by yusufcarez: 11:45pm On May 28, 2012
flckr: Seen all u guys posts.I went dwn 2 d school nd d story is same as wht she tld me.d Hod said d students r nt serz wv d newhorizons thn & so sch has nw made it compulsory for them 2 do b4 leavn.Ma heartache is raisn 170k btw nw & nxt wk.her name & 4 odas r on d list of graduatn students dt wil even march on sun buh dy r signin an undertakn dt y wil cme bac nd write d course for summer or else dy wnt releas d degree.ma heartache is I wnt a breakdown of her scores cos she claims regular attendance,writes all assignmnts nd did al d test buh dy wnt ansa so 2 d slow pokes sayn trash ki shut.Its jst a case of extortn by private uni's
product of a failed system!!cant even understand!!!
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by ayox2003: 12:33am On May 29, 2012
I'm convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that the NH certification was set up in a way to extort those students. When Akande, the Founder of NH launched the ICT center in your school, did you know he signed a deal with BU that he would run that place for 10yrs after which he would transfer full ownership to the school? A friend that once worked in NH told me that he made almost a million dollars from these certification thingy with different private schools, last year. He and the school collided in making certifications compulsory for all IT students.
If you have got the panache, I'd suggest that you draft a letter to the VC Academics telling him about the problem and wait for his response. I honestly believe that the vast majority of those students were extorted. Anyways, I pray she finds favour. if not, that means she'd have to pay a little above $1000 to re-take a certification...what a waste!! embarassed
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by demoreon: 12:45am On May 29, 2012
To all of you that don't knw and wouldn't keep ur keypads... New horizon certificate is a requirement for graduation. It adds it own unit to the CGPA, i want you all to understand that the moment anyone passes the course, he/she will not only have met the requirement of the department but would also have earned a professional certificate that's valuable and recognised worldwide.
The rationale behind the introduction of NH courses is to eliminate the need of student to enroll for a professional courses after leaving school. Meaning on graduation, every student is expected to have @ least 6 certificates
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by lumideezle(m): 1:17am On May 29, 2012
flckr: My sis who is suppose 2 b convocating on the 3rd of june 2012 afta spendn 4yrs 2 study computer science information system won't b graduating cos she failed a new horizon certification exam(scored 40) but has no other issues is being asked 2 pay for summer 150k(spend anoda 8wks in school)to come rewrite the course despite having a CGPA of 4.3.Failed no other course.NL'ers I need ur advice...

I soo feel your pain and hers too because i was once in that school and was in the exact same position as your sister.i do not expect other people to understand, even old babcockites that graduated before 2010
i would try to explain tho

it is unfortunate that the NUC has given private universities the free hand to exploit Nigerians, neways i dont blame the Makinde (Babcocks VC) cabal because when the government has refused to put their schools in order private universities are bound to have a filled day
i say this because ofthe following

1) Babcock is a school where the A grade is 80 marks( Even Harvard maintains 70 for A) now i do not see any problem with that but when u purposely increase the grading system just to make more students fail and bring people to pay another school fees (Summer) then then that is where i see a problem

2)Anything lower than 50marks C is an Automatic F (did i hear u say HAAA)? it is very true in Babcock Uni today, anything lower than a C (50)is an automatic fail F core course, elective or what ever (Unfortunately this is where your sis falls) which equals to summer school and as the poster said is not cheap at all 150k for 2months even less when u remove one week of exams.

3) Since the new VC (Makinde) took over,the student population has jumped from about 4000 to about 12000. Growth and development right? wait let me make you understand, the primary reason for students coming to your sch is to study thus emphasis should be placed on their studies first. But guess what? my lovely Al ma mata has built 8 new giant PAID hostels and not even a single Additional classroom block. The lowest of these hostels cost 40k plus your normal school fees of cuz (400k upwards) and the rest ranges from 60-80k per semester! makes me wonder are these students coming to study in school or sleep. what you now have is plenty students scrambling for the minimal classroom spaces available.

Make i no open our behind too much 4 pubic grin because BU na my al ma mata .
In conclusion, my dear poster pls take heart this is what a lot of us had to stomach ( Infact there was i time i tot of writing NUC but i felt it was going to b shoved under d carpet anyways.

With these few points of mine i hope i have been able to CONFUSE YOU grin and not to convince you that Babcock is the school to be so long as you are a genius and can afford to go for 4 years without failing a course 50 upwards buh if u are like me with unsteady shaky feet? my dear DO NOT try it you go spend 10years b4 you graduate (Some cabal wld make sure u do not graduate and you keep coming back to pay more money!! thank you

2 Likes

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by Serendipity: 1:28am On May 29, 2012
malc619:

"He who comes into equity must come with clean hands."
You're sounding bitter because you didn't get the sympathy u were crying for. Any objective person would ask important questions before sympathizing with you. grin grin grin grin

Is she the only one in her class
Did others not pass the exam

You just mentioned why your sister deserved to fail below:

It is a case of your sister not being serious with the course. Stop trying to play the victim just to get cheap sympathy.

Tell her to be serious his time or she might fail again...

PERIOD

Are u a law student?
Ubi jus...
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by lumideezle(m): 1:36am On May 29, 2012
Claumy2: I maintained that most of these private school graduates whether secondary schools or universities do engage in gross exam mal-practice which makes them much more unqualified to have what certificate they parade with them. In most private universities, students, even the most dull one graduate with 4. Is very much likely that that your 1st class candidate is from one of the private universities or that he has no Abraham to get him the job. I'm EXTREMELY SURPRISED THAT A GRADUATE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE FAILED THE SO CALLED HORIZON EXAM. Let her go back and re-sit for the said exam.I maintained that most of these private school graduates whether secondary schools or universities do engage in gross exam mal-practice which makes them much more unqualified to have what certificate they parade with them. In most private universities, students, even the most dull one graduate with 4. Is very much likely that that your 1st class candidate is from one of the private universities or that he has no Abraham to get him the job. I'm EXTREMELY SURPRISED THAT A GRADUATE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE FAILED THE SO CALLED HORIZON EXAM. Let her go back and re-sit for the said exam.

SHUT THE EFF UP!!! for thou knoweth not what you are saying have you ever been to babcock uni during exams? well i guess not cuz if u had u wldnt be yarning this trash! CCTV cameras watching you, with security and lecturers on every 4-5 rows all watching you, now tell me how u wanna cheat now?

Also im sure you did not know that if caught cheating in Babcock that attracts automatic 1 year suspension and if its a final year student? Na EXPULSION ( BU Students can confirm this check your handbook) Trust me they catch plp every year

so pls and pls kindly shut the f up cuz im sure the federal or state sch u went to can NEVER have such measures in Place
I remember in my final year and final paper, as we were abt to enter the exam hall i saw a coursemate of mine trying 2 sneak in some chips and i had to call boys to help me beg him not to, that its beta to fail than to get expelled or suspended(after plenty begging o) in your final year we gats open boys panel 4 am just to cajole him not to carry the chips into the hall cuz we knew the consequences
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by oscrenpe: 1:58am On May 29, 2012
i know how painful this could be,if she is allowed to march at all,her name might not be on the graduation list and if its there,would be separated as a summer graduate,these private universities act like they are the messiah of the sector. their powers need to be curbed, you could try chekin NUCs website if there is a place u can lay your complaint.i know the VC is always on his feet when NUC comes for inspections and meetings.
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by swtchicgurl: 4:28am On May 29, 2012
mcnepow:
[s]and why u dey attack the guy?? angry

abi u tink say na only u sabi strong face??[/s]

@Poster, i doubt if u can do anytin about it and its only 8 weeks, make she go re-write the exam.

how r u doing? long tym tongue
Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by hawtin: 4:32am On May 29, 2012
flckr: My sis who is suppose 2 b convocating on the 3rd of june 2012 afta spendn 4yrs 2 study computer science information system won't b graduating cos she failed a new horizon certification exam(scored 40) but has no other issues is being asked 2 pay for summer 150k(spend anoda 8wks in school)to come rewrite the course despite having a CGPA of 4.3.Failed no other course.NL'ers I need ur advice...

in what way?
are we the lecturer or the school
abeg your sister should find solution to her problem
i dont get why members bring their personal ish to nl
let your family deal with it
or you are the only surviving relative of your sister
4.3 CGPA and she failed a certificate course
most likely the lecturer that failed her was d only one who refused to do runs like the rest that passed her
how can she fail a mere certificate course
her brain no get longevity
shey na 150k that is making u unhappy
how were u paying her school fees before
why una no carry her to a state school
abeg u r made, na private university ur sis go
leave space for poor people wey never chop
Oshi when u dey chop chicken who you call
if na 2.30CGPA ur sis comot wit na newsline u go go hala
150 compared to the school fees of three years na him u dey act like fish wey drink stout
abeg go siddon with your head
ode!

1 Like

Re: Babcock Won't Let My Sis Graduate Despite CGPA Of 4.3 by sogoisrael(m): 4:37am On May 29, 2012
Hey! Sowie bout d@, BU ȋ̝̊̅§ not A̶̲̥̅ place wier U̶̲̥̅̊ can take no chances, I studied nursing dier,graduated lastyear! Wyl I was I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 200l ¶ lecturer lost my CA so he failed ♍ƺ I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ A̶̲̥̅ borod course, family life τ̲̅ȍђ be precise,I went bak τ̲̅ȍђ meet him, he was yarnin dust d@ he culdnt find his records d@ I shld 4get it cos its just A̶̲̥̅ borod course, I tot τ̲̅ȍђ myself d@ I won't allow dis stupid man τ̲̅ȍђ delay ♍ƺ! I rewrote d course! @ BU! Even A̶̲̥̅ normal life today can become an offense tomoro,
let her D̶̲̥̅̊Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ it! Dey won't change it trust ♍ƺ  d@!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

44 Kano Students Sponsored By Kwankwaso Graduate From Al Mansoura University / Upload Your Waec Result To Jamb Portal Without Going To Cyber Cafe / EDC, Mastercard To Equip 40,000 Nigerians With Entrepreneurial Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.