Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? (2354 Views)

Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women? / What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by Emodeee: 1:42pm On May 25, 2012
I've come to realise that there are so many tribes in nigeria..i'm 4rm yoruba land..buh i luv d igbos.dere language.how i wish i can speak there language..what abt u?
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:41pm On May 25, 2012
cheii very foolish topic. ofcourse everyone loves their own tribe, unless theyr suffering from very low self esteem. . angry tongue

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by kengis: 1:04am On May 26, 2012
Idon't like the topic but I have to agree with emodee : Igbos are DA best wink
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:18am On May 26, 2012
Igbo are stubborn. Hausa are best, especially in manners.
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by Godmother(f): 2:49pm On May 26, 2012
^^^supported. I love d hausas and like it has been said d igbos re too proud while d yorubas re spinless hypocrites.

They only pay u respect wen u re present or if u understand d language.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by onila(f): 4:17pm On May 26, 2012
edo smiley
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by ibide(m): 10:14pm On May 26, 2012
Urhobo is the best both in cuture & all
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by Revolva(m): 12:17am On May 28, 2012
@ibide uhrobo for where haha they are the laziest and gra gra tooo much
@pagan 9ja
I tought that in the north the core north hausa is not a tribe its just a language spoken by all like you said there are many tribes in the north but everyone understand hausa
Some one told me hausa is a language not a tribe is that true
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:42am On May 28, 2012
Revolva:
@pagan 9ja
I tought that in the north the core north hausa is not a tribe its just a language spoken by all like you said there are many tribes in the north but everyone understand hausa
Some one told me hausa is a language not a tribe is that true

Hausa is both, a language and an ethnic group. However, many other tribes such as Kanuri, Fula, Margyii, etc., kow how to speak it.
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by Revolva(m): 4:50pm On May 28, 2012
@pagan 9ja
So who are the hausas now the original hausas tell me
Where and what state can they be found all I know that all through west africa the language was formed due to trading and the north adapted it as a general tongue
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:43pm On May 28, 2012
Revolva: @pagan 9ja
So who are the hausas now the original hausas tell me
Where and what state can they be found all I know that all through west africa the language was formed due to trading and the north adapted it as a general tongue

People like me, the Maguzawa , Arna are the original Hausa. Most Hausa are original, except for those who call themselves Hausa-Fulani or whatever. .

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by ifyalways(f): 8:55pm On May 28, 2012
Please get back to your pictures posting and beautiful women threads asap @ Onila.
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by onila(f): 10:10pm On May 28, 2012
ifyalways: Please get back to your pictures posting and beautiful women threads asap @ Onila.

Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by aljharem(m): 10:59pm On May 28, 2012
The tribe I love the most are the Igbos. They are the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria. I also love the Hausa and Yorubas equally.
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:20pm On May 29, 2012
alj harem: The tribe I love the most are the Igbos. They are the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria. I also love the Hausa and Yorubas equally.

I think you are gravely wrong because yarubas are the alpha and omega of the black world and Igbos have no culture and are the scum of nigeria like you rightly said many times,so I dont see how you can love what you hate! ! Dude,you are ret..tarded!! Please we dont need you to like us,mumu!!
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by dubem3(m): 9:00pm On May 29, 2012
i've never really given it a thought but beyond all the fight, bombing and its like, the hausa man has a beautiful heart.
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by aljharem(m): 9:48pm On May 29, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

I think you are gravely wrong because yarubas are the alpha and omega of the black world and Igbos have no culture and are the scum of nigeria like you rightly said many times,so I dont see how you can love what you hate! ! Dude,you are ret..tarded!! Please we dont need you to like us,mumu!!

Please quote me where I said that, You must be mistaking me for another poster as usual.
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:38pm On May 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
Hausa are best, especially in manners.

Nice!

grin
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by kengis: 4:06pm On May 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
Igbo are stubborn. Hausa are best, especially in manners.

What are you talkin about ?igbos are very open minded ,da best ...the best looking nigerians
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by Fulaman198(m): 4:32pm On May 30, 2012
There is no best ethnic group (we are not called tribes). Every ethnic group is highly favoured by God all mighty. What needs to happen is that all ethnic groups in Nigeria need to get along in order to strengthen the country to where it should be in terms of financial, educational, military, and developed status.

I am a Nigerian first before I am a Fulani. Though my native tongue is Fulfulde, my people are Nigerian. Threads like these divide Nigerians even more so.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:34pm On May 30, 2012
If some Yoruba in the thread, please help me. The Yoruba were a group of independent kingdoms, but had a common language, traditions and a common patriarch (Oduduwa). That does not mean that the Yoruba do not exist as such. The Yoruba word identifies all those kingdoms and their descendants.
I make this comment in response to what someone said about the . The term Hausa refers not only to a language.
We must not forget that some people have in common not only the language but also a common past, traditions, history, religion, etc..
Do not confuse what is a tribe which was a kingdom, which is an ethnic group.

Fulaman @ 198, I totally agree with you.
Destroy or sever is simple to build and unite many times is really difficult. In 1885, Europeans signed the "Berlin Agreement" that divided Africa. Africans must continue to split? or it is time to reconstruct African identity?

My respects.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by Fulaman198(m): 10:20pm On May 30, 2012
Ptolomeus: If some Yoruba in the thread, please help me. The Yoruba were a group of independent kingdoms, but had a common language, traditions and a common patriarch (Oduduwa). That does not mean that the Yoruba do not exist as such. The Yoruba word identifies all those kingdoms and their descendants.
I make this comment in response to what someone said about the . The term Hausa refers not only to a language.
We must not forget that some people have in common not only the language but also a common past, traditions, history, religion, etc..
Do not confuse what is a tribe which was a kingdom, which is an ethnic group.

Fulaman @ 198, I totally agree with you.
Destroy or sever is simple to build and unite many times is really difficult. In 1885, Europeans signed the "Berlin Agreement" that divided Africa. Africans must continue to split? or it is time to reconstruct African identity?

My respects.

You say very kind things Ptolomeus thank you. Bujt I also have to disagree that the term Hausa only refers to a language. The Hausa ethnic group was once very vibrant throughout West Africa before my ethnic group the Fulani conquered them. Today the only true Hausa you will see are in Niger (Maradi, Zinder, etc.). There are still true Hausa living in Nigeria, but they are very few now.
Re: Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? by anonymous6(f): 12:05am On May 31, 2012
Emodeee: I've come to realise that there are so many tribes in nigeria..i'm 4rm yoruba land..buh i luv d igbos.dere language.how i wish i can speak there language..what abt u?

Yoruba, but I have no problem with igbo's & hausa'a though

(1) (Reply)

Is Our Ethnic Diversity A Blessing Or A Curse? / Coronation Of The Olota Of Ota In Pictures. / Download Zip. Florida Georgia Line Can’t Say I Ain’t Country (2019#)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.