Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? (11389 Views)

What Benue Student Eyes Saw In The Hands Of Benue Politician In Abuja *PATHETIC* / Picture Of A Politician Dressed, And Campaign In Chelsea Kits. / Who Is The Most Powerful Politician In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by fortyfeet(m): 9:31am On May 26, 2012
looks like this OBJ has got some fans. may be we have more of UGLY NLers.
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:31am On May 26, 2012
obasanjo.. no contest

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Jeel: 9:53am On May 26, 2012
OBJ any day
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Jeel: 9:58am On May 26, 2012
oddy4real: the only Nigerian Politician well respected ALL OVER THE WORLD and not a regional and local champion like some:OLUSEGUN OBASANJO
i never knew nlers can be this truthful
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by kemiola89(f): 10:02am On May 26, 2012
Gej
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by foyeks2001(f): 10:13am On May 26, 2012
Ken Nnamani Former Senate President
He kicked against d third term bid of former President Olusegun Obasanjo because if it were to be during Adolphus Wabara reign, Obj's third term ambition would have been made possible...Thank God Baba Iyabo kicked his ass on time
During 2007 Governorship election, the Enugu State born politician made a pronouncement(a PDP member)that there was no election in Enugu even when INEC had already declared the PDP candidate as the Governor of the State....a fresh election was conducted afterwards

Mohammadu Buhari...tested and trusted

South-West....hmmmmm...will be back
South-South....Zone of rogues (selfish gains)
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Upright750: 10:37am On May 26, 2012
Nothing good about them. all of them has same spirit and same believe. from one party to the other . full of promise and fail. lots of bat things about them. Just check well any of them around you . tell us what you find out. They can even denied their own children and call it political ambitions. To hell all of them. Criticizing each other until one get to the seat check he or her was eying . Don't mind them. even those you thought are with you will just go in to get appointed and never remember your name again.
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by prinxard(m): 10:40am On May 26, 2012
guy u no get football sense? Why u dey ask this kind rhetorical question...abi u no wise!??!
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Irunmole(m): 10:40am On May 26, 2012
Former president of the federal republic of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Mathew Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo. World renowned statesman but vastly under-valued in his own country, Nigeria. A truly detribalised Nigerian. The best and the most insightful leader/politician till date in a country so blessed with what some advanced nations will kill for. Come back OBJ, all is forgiven.

Agree/disagree with me please but no insults or immature tribal/sectional jibes. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by PrinceDudu(m): 10:51am On May 26, 2012
Best living politician goes to Olusegun Obasanjo aka Baba aka OBJ.
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Telthetruth(m): 10:55am On May 26, 2012
is dia any good politician dat is allowed of power?
so best one has not come yet..........
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Slizbeat(m): 11:21am On May 26, 2012
Hmm, so OBJ has fans!!! Thank God some pple knows d truth.
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 11:34am On May 26, 2012
Lagusta:

who is this Didnt u read d question ni
As for me, the best politician is my mentor, ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU, cos he has neva lost a vote, a bet and even his stick of IGBOOO!!! grin cheesy
he ain't my mentor but he is the best IMO. He whipped OBJ's butt in the last election remember
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by ujharmony: 11:40am On May 26, 2012
A pace setter, Chris Ngige is the best.
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by BodyKiss(m): 12:36pm On May 26, 2012
All you posting 'Obj' must be very st.u!p. Can you all balance his achievement with the amount of money he spent during his time?
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by folahann(m): 12:42pm On May 26, 2012
It has to be Chief James Ibori
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 26, 2012
lucky igbinedion
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Irunmole(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2012
BodyKiss: All you posting 'Obj' must be very st.u!p. Can you all balance his achievement with the amount of money he spent during his time?

Air your views/opinion, agree/disagree. There's no need for insults, simple. Some of us contributing might be old enough to be your father. If you'll like to "balance his achievement with the amount of money he spent during his time", then commission your own investigations. Show some respect and proper decorum. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Pakavy(m): 1:27pm On May 26, 2012
kcpumping: how do i know if she loves me?
drink more sapele water in addition 2 d shekpe u took b4 asking dat question.
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Pakavy(m): 1:29pm On May 26, 2012
no idea sir!
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by juman(m): 1:49pm On May 26, 2012
BodyKiss: All you posting 'Obj' must be very st.u!p. Can you all balance his achievement with the amount of money he spent during his time?

You are right man.

OBJ is a clueless and selfish person. He failed woefully as president.
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by ebamma(m): 2:18pm On May 26, 2012
i think the best naija leader is my mother cos she carried me and my 5 siblings for 9months, she left her work and took care of me and my siblings till we were able to walk on our own,she lit candles when nepa took light in the night,and she paid 4 our private education since public schools are no good

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by odogwux(m): 2:23pm On May 26, 2012
I am not sure of the parameters the OP is using to measure "best politician" but the politicians I admire the most have to be senator mamora and dr chris ngige
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by odogwux(m): 2:30pm On May 26, 2012
No doubt OBJ is in terms of office held probably the most succesful nigerian ever. But as a politician he made election to political office a "do or die affair" he was also a very autocratic and unforgiving leader.

Irunmole: Former president of the federal republic of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Mathew Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo. World renowned statesman but vastly under-valued in his own country, Nigeria. A truly detribalised Nigerian. The best and the most insightful leader/politician till date in a country so blessed with what some advanced nations will kill for. Come back OBJ, all is forgiven.

Agree/disagree with me please but no insults or immature tribal/sectional jibes. Thank you.
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by okeyxyz(m): 2:42pm On May 26, 2012
how about T.B Joshua? Abi im no be politician
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by bknight: 3:12pm On May 26, 2012

If ur skull was to be split, I'm sure ur head'll be packed full with rags.

Forget wat sentiments u have against d man. Clearly on achievements, from his younger days in d army, he remains a truly nationalistic patriot.
While he was accused of acquiring a lot of land for his ota farm, d effects of d land use act remains a saving grace till date!
While may have stolen a lot of money thru d GSM venture, d effect of such laudable achievement will outlive him, serving you and I and generations to come. I bet d freedom of speech u have here through d internet would never have found a voice.
While civil war raged on, he commanded d battalion dat fiercely fought to victory.
This same hero u castigate, received victory for my beloved fatherland.
The first ever public attempt against corruption was his 'jaji declaration'.
While other govt dribbled us with anti-corruption campaigns and ran them more or less like NGOs, OBJ took a bold step and for d first time ever in d history of this federal republic, corruption became a criminal offence thru d first independent and corrupt practices and other related offences act of 2000 soon after he took office. A former military general signs an anti-corruption bill into law
Yes, general buhari may have been d most careful with spending, his well-known austerity measures saved and strengthened d naira, he really didn't drive d economy much. well, many will say he didn't stay long. I ask,n how long was a military man expected to stay. How did he come into power?
OBJ was d first and only military head of state to hand over power to a civilian democratically elected president.

Look, I am tired of typing. Clearly, on achievements, one may argue he did not do enough but no other president in Nigeria has done as much as he has. Let history teach you what happened in d days u were not born, don't come to cheaply insult peeps around here.

Some men have written their worth on d sands of time, until he's gone, u'll never realise how matured he had remained for Nigeria.
Besides, his only action towards boko haram issue (visiting their den) is more remarkable than than GEJ's numerous words

My one wish is to see that man for just 1minute and give him my humble salute. If anyone here takes my word to him, I'd be greatly honoured. I hold him in much regards.
I hope I have been able to convince, and not to confuse you, that O.A. Obasanjo(GCFR) remains d best u have had so far.

Long Live The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Sijo01(f): 3:30pm On May 26, 2012
Justosaus: lucky igbinedion

Osasu, whic Lucky, Igbins pickin abi anoda one dey?
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Bright2(m): 4:16pm On May 26, 2012
Honourable Pius Ayim.
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by brabus(m): 4:20pm On May 26, 2012
Give it up to Fashy! He's still the best among the rest.

OBJ would have been my preferred choice but Ogun state cannot boast of any achievement during his tenure. Except I'm in the dark.
Charity begins at home.
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 26, 2012
Sijo01:

Osasu, whic Lucky, Igbins pickin abi anoda one dey?

My sister its the very same person o. The demented slowpoke action governor who refused to develop the state in order to maintain the ''ancient status'' of Benin City! ***smh***
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 26, 2012
Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu (his manhood lives on- Dame Patience Jonathan)
Re: Who Is The Best Living Politician In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 26, 2012
nawa o, e bi like OBJ dey use jaz o!if na insult OBJ go get them all, here now OBJ dey win if its a poll!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obanikoro Slams N100M Suit On EFCC Over Rights violations / Muhammed Mahmoud: Nigeria Leading Globally In Yam, Cassava, Rice Production / Why I Respect, Admire Asiwaju Tinubu — NNPP Chieftain, Olopoeeyan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.