Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties (12262 Views)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City:CapitalOneCup Final 1 - 3 On Penalties On 28/02/16 / Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Spain (2 - 4) On Penalties On 27th June 2012 / Euro 2012: England Vs Italy (2 - 4) On penalties On 24th June 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by mukina2: 3:49pm On May 25, 2012
REFORM ... FIFA president Sepp Blatter wants to scrap penalty shoot-outs

FIFA president Sepp Blatter is in favour of scrapping penalty shoot-outs in favour of finding an alternative way to settle drawn matches.

Blatter made his remarks to delegates at the FIFA Congress less than a week after Chelsea beat Bayern Munich on spot-kicks to win the Champions League.

He said: “Football can be a tragedy when you go to penalty kicks. Football is a team game, when it goes to one against one football loses its essence. “Perhaps Franz Beckenbauer, with his Football 2014 group, can show us a solution, perhaps not today but in the future."

Beckenbauer — who won the World Cup with Germany as both a player and manager was among the delegates at the congress — was not immediately available for comment but his views are well known on the matter.

The German legend has said he would rather have penalties than either a golden or silver goal which were used briefly to determine matches.

Source
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by phraze(m): 3:57pm On May 25, 2012
a good one there blatter, i support it.
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by AnotherOkija: 3:57pm On May 25, 2012
Unfortunately, there is no other reasonable means of settling a football mtch shy of flipping a coin!

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by Piyke: 3:59pm On May 25, 2012
If theres no silver or golden goal nko? What will the teams do? Play to the death

3 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by ogaemma: 4:02pm On May 25, 2012
Blatter is old & tired, he is running out of ideas. I would advice he retires b4 killing the beauty of football.

3 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by Javanian: 4:06pm On May 25, 2012
They should settle it with Free-kicks...lol...

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by maclatunji: 4:12pm On May 25, 2012
You guys should get on Twitter to read the funny responses this has generated.
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by slimming: 4:13pm On May 25, 2012
there must be a replacement for grading winners and losers.
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:19pm On May 25, 2012
I think this is a good idea, most teams settle for penalties knowingly because it 'can' be a safer option.

I will prefer the golden goal option which will make the teams want to play more football.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by xxxkubexxx: 4:20pm On May 25, 2012
They should settle with five aside after extra time in place of penalty shot out.
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by Cleverley(m): 4:21pm On May 25, 2012
I heard this too. Anti-chelsea though i'm not a chelsea fan lol., coming to topic, perhaps he wants to reduce the tension generated by penalty kick, remember golden goal got many heartbroken, BP increases, suicide etc. He should leave it nd think of goal line technology shikinah!
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by Phems(m): 4:24pm On May 25, 2012
mtcheeeeeeeeeeew....

If 90 minutes is not enough to show your skills......what about 120minutes?

After then there is nothing bad in knowing individual goal kick skills to save the day..

after teams work..

I know if Barca had won the CL by penalty shoot out, there wont be need to face out penalties shoot out.

It is like 13men is no more sufficient to do OJORO again...

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by ndividual: 4:25pm On May 25, 2012
Tsk Tsk. What would you do instead. Have a set of judges calculate the winner based on possession/shots on target/corners and all those kind of stats, like they do in boxing where matches end with no KOs? shocked

Please! How about scoring WITHIN the 90 minutes? Seems like an easier option.
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by LUDALOOLO(m): 4:27pm On May 25, 2012
Because barca lost to chelsea the rules have to change. Its not funny any more. Coaches have been crying all this while they need Goal line tech, you never said anything, this time you want to introduce a new LAW to decide winner after 200 min or what.
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by SuyaEater(m): 4:39pm On May 25, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uJEnwi7otu0

they should try this as alternative to penalty
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by akpanbaba: 4:45pm On May 25, 2012
I support it.
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by texazzpete(m): 4:50pm On May 25, 2012
TheShopKeeper:

I will prefer the golden goal option which will make the teams want to play more football.

WTF?!!
The 'golden goal' is perhaps the most hated and reviled introduction to football in history. Virtually everyone was happy to see it go out the window.
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by medjai(m): 4:52pm On May 25, 2012
I'm in total support. It's the only way to stop negative football. Many teams just park the bus for 120 minutes these days, wait for penalty shoot-outs and ride their luck.

They should find a fairer tie-breaker than penalty shoot-outs. It's just too cruel.

I wouldn't mind a point scoring system like in boxing.
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by Kuulnomsy(m): 4:59pm On May 25, 2012
Javanian: They should settle it with Free-kicks...lol...

cheesy cheesy cheesy And after that....... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by matoyeh(m): 5:06pm On May 25, 2012
mukina2:

Source
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by vivienall(f): 5:07pm On May 25, 2012
So what will he introduce if he removes it? The team that completes the most passes wins, huh? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I have a feeling that he gambled hugely on Bayern winning and lost. Now he feels that it is irrelevant. Why didn't he change it the year chelsea played manchester united and lost by penalties?

6 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by matoyeh(m): 5:07pm On May 25, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed keep short
medjai: I'm in total support. It's the only way to stop negative football. Many teams just park the bus for 120 minutes these days, wait for penalty shoot-outs and ride their luck.

They should find a fairer tie-breaker than penalty shoot-outs. It's just too cruel.

I wouldn't mind a point scoring system like in boxing.
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by matoyeh(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2012
xxxkubexxx: They should settle with five aside after extra time in place of penalty shot out.
no alternative grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by velo10: 5:10pm On May 25, 2012
Penalties remain the best till date. I just advice teams to train on penalties like Hiddink did to take S.Korea to 4th position in the World Cup

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 25, 2012
matoyeh: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed keep short

You want to reduce his/her height or what. Next time consult your dico
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by babsmii(m): 5:14pm On May 25, 2012
TheShopKeeper:

and when the so called "golden goal" is a controversial one, you think its fair?

guess blatter is bitter with the new champions grin grin grin
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by logica(m): 5:21pm On May 25, 2012
LUDALOOLO: Because barca lost to chelsea the rules have to change. Its not funny any more. Coaches have been crying all this while they need Goal line tech, you never said anything, this time you want to introduce a new LAW to decide winner after 200 min or what.
Don't blame me if I think you are an id!ot. Did Barca lose in a penalty shoot-out? Everything has to be a conspiracy linked to Barca. Mor0n.
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 25, 2012
the best way is to remove linesmen, referee and his assistances so that the players will start playing without rules. It will produce winners within 5 mins if not satisfied with penalty. If anyone is injured, then the medical teams only be allowed to enter field just to carry out the injured players.
Or let them turn it to rugbry style so that hand can also be used after 120 mins. Non sense..... He he he

3 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by Akanniade(m): 5:26pm On May 25, 2012

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by ReLaTE(m): 5:31pm On May 25, 2012
vivien_all: So what will he introduce if he removes it? The team that completes the most passes wins, huh? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I have a feeling that he gambled hugely on Bayern winning and lost. Now he feels that it is irrelevant. Why didn't he change it the year chelsea played manchester united and lost by penalties?
thats a difèrent game,both teams played attacking futball and both team were entertaining.
Re: Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties by ReLaTE(m): 5:41pm On May 25, 2012
They cn settle by excluding any goal scored by d head,so d team that scored wt minimum number of goals wt d head shuld win. Bt if it eventually ends in deadlock like Bayern vs Chelsea,let them seperate it wt the team that scores the first goal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Burnley Vs Arsenal (0 - 5) On 17th February 2024 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 30th September 2023 / Arsenal Vs Blackburn Rovers (7 - 1) On Saturday 4th February 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.