Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. - Entertainment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. (24968 Views)

Download Video Of Tiwa Savage Wedding (documentary) / Photo- Tiwa Savage Private Part Exposed While Perfoming On Stage / Tiwa Savage & Wizkid Are The New Pepsi Ambassadors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Afam4eva(m): 3:08pm On May 31, 2012
jason123:

Where I stay na Oyibo and asians full am and I hear and see them dance to his songs especially Oliver twist. To me, the guy and that song is over hyped.undecided
There's something about that guy's song. You hate at first and then begin to like it when it plays for some time.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by DisGuy: 3:08pm On May 31, 2012
and if she had any sense, she would have waited to let the dust settle before

I agree with this part,
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by threnody: 3:08pm On May 31, 2012
The same Ojukokoro that killed ikechukwu cheesy. RUN TIWA ! RUN ! cheesy
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Welder(m): 3:10pm On May 31, 2012
@OP.

we hear, next topic pls
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 31, 2012
jason123:

Bruv, don't get it twisted, Dbanj is very popular here in the UK o!!!

Singing mobolowon grin grin mr anderson cheesy
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 31, 2012
jason123: Bruv, don't get it twisted, Dbanj is very popular here in the UK o!!!

How big is this UK you're talking of? As unfortunate as it may be, artists can't reach monumental success or popularity until they've scored big points in the US. Ask Adele and Amy Winehouse. No one is singing Oliver Twist here. but trust D'banj. Once he has conquered all populations of UK, he'll branch out again.

@OP, huh? Lol, if D'banj found success partnering with Don Jazzy, why can't anyone else? If anything, Tiwa has a great chance of being successful with Don Jazzy as she's actually talented. She's a great Grammy-nominated songwriter and a superb vocalist as well. Everyone flipped when "Without My Heart" featuring Don Jazzy was released. She's versatile. She has no album under her name, but I have high hopes for her because she's one of the few talented musicians currently in Nigeria's lackluster music industry. When she releases an album, I'll be bumping this thread lol.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by omar22(m): 3:19pm On May 31, 2012
Valto: u wrote and produced this OLIVER TWIST song u are blabbing about isnt it don jazzy?.... i awaits a song dat will be soley written and produced by dbang!.... Shikena!

Did Don Jazzy sing the song?

It says Oliver Twist by Dbanj (Not Don J)

Or do you see Thirller by Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones?

Or all the interviews Dbanj has attended you see Don Jazzy?

If your looking for Don Jazzy go to facebook he is always online.

4 Likes

Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by jason123: 3:22pm On May 31, 2012
afam4eva:
There's something about that guy's song. You hate at first and then begin to like it when it plays for some time.
True yarns. Its weird, I tell you

ogugua88:

How big is this UK you're talking of? As unfortunate as it may be, artists can't reach monumental success or popularity until they've scored big points in the US. Ask Adele and Amy Winehouse. No one is singing Oliver Twist here. but trust D'banj. Once he has conquered all populations of UK, he'll branch out again.

@OP, huh? Lol, if D'banj found success partnering with Don Jazzy, why can't anyone else? If anything, Tiwa has a great chance of being successful with Don Jazzy as she's actually talented. She's a great Grammy-nominated songwriter and a superb vocalist as well. Everyone flipped when "Without My Heart" featuring Don Jazzy was released. She's versatile. She has no album under her name, but I have high hopes for her because she's one of the few talented musicians currently in Nigeria's lackluster music industry. When she releases an album, I'll be bumping this thread lol.

I can't disagree and I am not here to defend Dbanj but he has more of a headway in the USA than Don jazzy through Kanye.

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 31, 2012
omar22: Did Don Jazzy sing the song?

It says Oliver Twist by Dbanj (Not Don J)

Or do you see Thirller by Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones?

Or all the interviews Dbanj has attended you see Don Jazzy?

If your looking for Don Jazzy go to facebook he is always online.

Don Jazzy, in form of himself or name, may not be at the forefront, but he'll receive credit as the producer and whatever else he did if that song goes on to win awards. Michael Jackson won eight Grammys. Quincy Jones, took two or three for that album.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Meenoti: 3:27pm On May 31, 2012
It is too early to say tiwa has made a mistake, based on the solar plexus album If don jazzy could do wonders with wande coal's albim, why cant he do the same for tiwa ?
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by brabus(m): 3:30pm On May 31, 2012
ogugua88:

Snoop and Kanye are not Naija or UK musician, they are from US.

Keep bumping, we're coming for you! Its gonna be collabo btw you and D'banj.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 31, 2012
jason123: I can't disagree and I am not here to defend Dbanj but he has more of a headway in the USA than Don jazzy through Kanye.

Yeah, he does, but he has a LONG way to go, and that may include some soul-selling lol. Rihanna came out as the island girl. Now she's the island girl singing any pop song flung at her. One can't call D'banj popular in the US really. Not yet, and that's his fault for refusing to tour here. Nigerians who know their music are keeping him relevant among other Africans here.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by iykescream: 3:35pm On May 31, 2012
@ Poster Pls try and do proper research before you come here and talk rubbish.the success of Oliver Twist has the imprint of Don Jazzy all over it.guess you dont know dat Don Jazzy was involvd in a remix of the song recently.you can only rate D'banj based on any song hereafter.tiwa is still under her former music label as well as under Mavin and JJC is a mentor to Don jazzy and subsequently D'banj so it is impossible for D'banj to sign him.do your research well,you could check Thisday Life of last sunday
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Donmeca(m): 3:36pm On May 31, 2012
omar22:

Am sorry but, for Chris Evans, Tim Westwood and Trevor Nelson to play your track on the radio means you are shifting records! for Eastern Europeans to have Oliver on their Iphone singing of the train means your popular. Radio 1 (I mean BBC Radio 1) and Capital FM plays Oliver means alot, because these radio station do not play anything most especially RnB or Rap music.

Maybe u av 4gotn but who actually produced dis Oliver Twist? Kanye West? JJC? JayZ? Or Diddy? Tot it was DonJazzy sha.

Again y must Tiwa sign for either Mavin or DefJam? The only labels in Nigeria? Stupid thread!
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 31, 2012
brabus: Snoop and Kanye are not Naija or UK musician, they are from US.

Keep bumping, we're coming for you! Its gonna be collabo btw you and D'banj.

Because Snoop featured on his track doesn't mean Americans heard it. All of that is relevant to us. There wasn't any American promo for that apart from filming the video here. D'banj fans, till date, cannot admit that the Endowed Remix was overhyped and ended up being lackluster.

"Oliver Twist" is D'banj's first music video to score 1,000,000+ views since the release of "Fall in Love", and that has little to do with who featured on the track and everything to do with how he and Don Jazzy promoted that song. EXCELLENTLY. They literally got the world involved for that song.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by omar22(m): 3:37pm On May 31, 2012
ogugua88:

Don Jazzy, in form of himself or name, may not be at the forefront, but he'll receive credit as the producer and whatever else he did if that song goes on to win awards. Michael Jackson won eight Grammys. Quincy Jones, took two or three for that album.

Agree but they way people are going on you would think Don Jazzy and Dbanj did a duet! Producers get paid to produce an music track or album and if the the only way they get the credit is if they are nominated in the Producer of the year category! thats it and thats all... all credit goes to the singer except if he didnt write the song. Song of the year, Male Artist of the year, New Male Artist of the year, etc would all go to Dbanj!!! and not Don Jazzy
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by omar22(m): 3:40pm On May 31, 2012
Donmeca:

Maybe u av 4gotn but who actually produced dis Oliver Twist? Kanye West? JJC? JayZ? Or Diddy? Tot it was DonJazzy sha.

Again y must Tiwa sign for either Mavin or DefJam? The only labels in Nigeria? Stupid thread!

Who Produced Lady GaGa's Poker-face? NO ONE EFFFFFIIIINGG CARES Don Jazzy didnt produce Oliver Twist for FREE! he got paid!!!

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 31, 2012
I luv Tiwa Savage, Luv Dbanj!!!....... But prefer Don Jazzy sha grin
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by preshizeee(m): 3:45pm On May 31, 2012
.m

Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 31, 2012
omar22: Agree but they way people are going on you would think Don Jazzy and Dbanj did a duet! Producers get paid to produce an music track or album and if the the only way they get the credit is if they are nominated in the Producer of the year category! thats it and thats all... all credit goes to the singer except if he didnt write the song. Song of the year, Male Artist of the year, New Male Artist of the year, etc would all go to Dbanj!!! and not Don Jazzy

You say "that's it" as if "Producer of the Year" and other categories for producers are small. No, Don Jazzy and D'banj didn't duet lol, but Don Jazzy was instrumental to D'banj's success and that's incontrovertible. If he wasn't, then people wouldn't be concerned about D'banj going solo. Give the man credit, including "Oliver Twist", for taking mainstream Nigerian music where it has not been before.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Donmeca(m): 3:46pm On May 31, 2012
Dis Guy:

I agree with this part,

Stuupid! Must she choose btw d two? Is she a kind of trophy to b won by either of them? D op is just too narrow to make it sound dat way!

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by megxo(m): 3:49pm On May 31, 2012
djustice: I've never seen anyone make as obviously self destructive a move as the one made by Tiwa Savage in choosing to join Don Jazzy in his ill-thought out MAVIN records adventure. She was doing quite well, creatively speaking, on her own, and if she had any sense, she would have waited to let the dust settle before choosing who to go with between the obviously more business-savvy D'Banj and the more creative Don Jazzy.

Already an acknowledged song-writing talent, all she needed was to get a good platform to market herself as an act in her own right, INTERNATIONALLY. Of the entire MAVIN crew, she's the one most likely, based solely on her prodigious talent, to break the international market. Don Jazzy obviously doesn't have the balls to play global, and the rushed "Solar Plexus" album demonstrates how appalling he actually can be in the absence of the kind of exacting standards a badly under-rated D'Banj obviously brought to his game.

With D'Banj now having signed Davido, and having access to the excellent facilities of G.O.O.D. Music and Def Jam, it's not too late for Tiwa to cross over. I reckon the smart D'Banj will soon make a play for JJC (Abdul Bello), who's a SUPER TALENTED producer and international player too. If he could pull that off, the sky would be the limit for his Def Jam Africa label. JJC is already a big brand in Africa, having mentored artistes from all over the continent, including North Africa!!

Tiwa, Tiwa, Tiwa omo Savage!!! How many times did I call your name Retrace your steps from those clueless amateurs before they ruin your promising career for you o!! It's not too late. I promise!
dis thread is solely 4 noise makers lyk u, if u aint gat nofin more 2 do , stay offline...cant believe dis sort of threads makes front page
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by brabus(m): 3:49pm On May 31, 2012
ogugua88:

Because Snoop featured on his track doesn't mean Americans heard it. All of that is relevant to us. There wasn't any American promo for that apart from filming the video here. D'banj fans, till date, cannot admit that the Endowed Remix was overhyped and ended up being lackluster.

[b]"Oliver Twist" is D'banj's first music video to score 1,000,000+ views [/b]since the release of "Fall in Love", and that has little to do with who featured on the track and everything to do with how he and Don Jazzy promoted that song. EXCELLENTLY. They literally got the world involved for that song.

Thank God D'Banj moved on early enough. Oliver Twist would have ended being lackluster (borrowing your word).
Don Jazzy has always been with him from inception, so if D'Banj is recording huge success after separation that should prove something is wrong somewhere.

Maybe its because 'Oliver Twist' doesn't have the usual 'its Don Jazzy again' grin

I still don't believe 'Don Jazzy' is the best producer in the world. There are millions out there who'd like to associate with success.
I mean the ones who really mean business.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by DisGuy: 3:51pm On May 31, 2012
People should stop trying to paint one or the other as the bad sheep

Kanye was part of Roc'A' Fella, So was Jay Z, and many others...just because you leave dont mean you will die

this same way people paint Beyonce as the black sheep, groups always have one or two shining stars, one will eventually overshadow the rest (and will obviously be criticised through no fault or his/her own)

people come together people grow alone> way of life, fi le be ko ma lo be jo

it's a big market out there
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by kandiikane(m): 3:52pm On May 31, 2012
Guy dbanj is popular in the uk. They played dbanj-oliver twist in a bar I work in and believe me its the whitest of bars in one of the whitest places in the UK. I nearly fainted. Plus saw him yesterday on tv been advertised on an RnB CD. This dude has gone international with the help of the handful of celebs in his oliver video(rubbish video) but yeah.
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by omar22(m): 3:59pm On May 31, 2012
ogugua88:

You say "that's it" as if "Producer of the Year" and other categories for producers are small. No, Don Jazzy and D'banj didn't duet lol, but Don Jazzy was instrumental to D'banj's success and that's incontrovertible. If he wasn't, then people wouldn't be concerned about D'banj going solo. Give the man credit, including "Oliver Twist", for taking mainstream Nigerian music where it has not been before.

I agree to a point but I wont go the whole hog!!! because without Dbanj stepping out of his comfort zone Oliver Twist would still be in the same class as Fall in Love or Suddenly!! or an Oniru beach theme song!!
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by adelaja70(m): 4:04pm On May 31, 2012
LesbianBoy: Everyday oliver twist, oliver twist, oliver twist! Pls does anyone know why dbanj hasn't released any other song? Cos am getting tired of hearing oliver twist this and that! Am actually proud he is try to go "global" but is this the only song he wants to use to achieve that?
You start somewhere bro....
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Omogbhollahorn(m): 4:08pm On May 31, 2012
who is this fool that posted this topic...........i do deal with haterz
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by dotcomnamename: 4:11pm On May 31, 2012
Moderator, this is someone calling another person bastared here
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by wbankz(m): 12:45pm On May 30
Йą who post this thing self ? Ů must be Fool....BASTARD...:haters wud neva stop.Mtcheeeeeeew

But if its someone else that does not even say a statement up to that, u will ban him. This life sha, sentiment too much..
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 31, 2012
WETIN CONCERN ME
Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by remmer56(m): 4:18pm On May 31, 2012
@ all..

It is obvious dbanj propelled mohits on the business platform more than what donjazzy has to offfer. It is evident in his rushed solar plexus album.. I am A̶̲̥̅ big fan of donbaba but the truth be told, dbanj is A̶̲̥̅ better marketer and entertainer than donbaba.. No need showing too much sympathy to don baba.. He needs to re examine his act and put them right... He has not shown the proper skill anticipated by fans... No need us all potraying loyalty on sentimental basis.. I wish them well individually... Dbanj is grown, if there is anything we should support, I think it iz growth!! It is extremely evident okay!

1 Like

Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by adelaja70(m): 4:22pm On May 31, 2012
kandiikane: Guy dbanj is popular in the uk. They played dbanj-oliver twist in a bar I work in and believe me its the whitest of bars in one of the whitest places in the UK. I nearly fainted. Plus saw him yesterday on tv been advertised on an RnB CD. This dude has gone international with the help of the handful of celebs in his oliver video(rubbish video) but yeah.
Big up to dbanj......Naijas stop hating,this guy is our own.Afterall,DJ didnt produce this song for free....i wish both of them all the best....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Strange And Bizzare Pictures Of People. (VIEWER DISCRETION) / TENI’18 – Why Teniola Was Better Than Peruzzi In 2018 / Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.